10 things I learned doing 40 uber izaro runs

1) definitely more enjoyable than 1200 voll runs > https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1691695
2) Generally more profitable than 1200 voll runs
3) More expensive to do than voll runs (ended up buying 13 offerings today to finish @6c each)
4) If you have
+ enfeeble you can face tank pretty much everything.
5) Got zero good enchants on my helm (this leap slam one is actually from my 40th run)

6) The loot from chests has been nerfed considerably from a week or two ago-- I had done 10 or 12 runs much earlier in the league and got exalts and 6L's like crazy... now all I get are crappy div cards and quality gems
7) Some uber layouts are very fast, like today's-- was averaging 5-6 min a run.
8) Did i mention this was better than 1200 volls?
9) Uber Argus is like 3x easier than merci Argus, makes no sense
10) 39 challenges done, just need 25 meeps from bosses for 40/40
Last bumped on Jun 30, 2016, 12:48:24 PM
i did 36/40 in hardcore on perandus and talisman :)

edit: looks like the troll post got deleted i was quoting
Last edited by SpanishMonarch on Jun 29, 2016, 8:01:22 PM
"

You got 36/40 on HCPerandus?

Man gj and I was thinking most HC people are too scared to do anything and was proud with like 18 achievements.

mad props to you.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Jun 29, 2016, 8:06:13 PM
"
Pewzor wrote:
"

You got 36/40 on HCPerandus?

Man gj and I was thinking most HC people are too scared to do anything and was proud with like 18 achievements.

mad props to you.

yes. I played a 9,5k hp chieftan caustic arrow with 7 endu charge. I had 2k hp regen per second as well. It wasn't the fastest killing machine you've ever seen but I could do basically all map mods except no life regen :)
"
3) More expensive to do than voll runs (ended up buying 13 offerings today to finish @6c each)

I bought some / find some then considered there were enough lab haters in this game to setup an uber lab service time to release challenge and havn't spent any currencies after some points due to that.

For those who just start this challenge consider just doing a friendly service => Come with a key => no additional cost => Job done.

Hf :)
Ah nice, since you did this so many times, probably you could answer a few questions regarding the uber lab.

Compared to the merci lab:
Do the traps deal more dmg? Do they do things faster?
How much more dmg does izaro deals?

I can't help it, but feel bad, every time I think about uber atziri, where every value is just doubled, if it is the same for the uber lab, then it might be problematic to do it for me, as I don't really want to get rekt in the retarded labirinth.

Considering the loot was nerfed it would worth even less to risk losing a character instead of farming chaos recipe for 6 hours to get the lab item I want.
Last edited by krenderke on Jun 29, 2016, 8:46:38 PM
"
krenderke wrote:
Ah nice, since you did this so many times, probably you could answer a few questions regarding the uber lab.

I can't help it, but feel bad, every time I think about uber atziri, where every value is just doubled, if it is the same for the uber lab, then it might be problematic to do it for me, as I don't really want to get rekt in the retarded labirinth.

Considering the loot was nerfed it would worth even less to risk losing a character instead of farming chaos recipe for 6 hours to get the lab item I want.

Until OP replies here
The traps dont hit harder. There's 1 additional drop types (the ones that you hit to deactivate) scattered around the normal traps you see in merci lab.

Uber Izaro hits little harder but no where near as Atziri vs Uber

And there are a lot of mine builds that can cheese uber izaro that does not require any player skill at all.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
krenderke wrote:

Traps seem to be the same (across all difficulties) this is because they are % of health, not an absolute figure.

uber Izaro himself has considerable more HP than his merci counterpart, but the damage isn't obscenely more ( i mean it is more... but not like uber atziri). It also depends on his outfit for the day though.. izaro stats/difficulty changes with different gear / traps in final room

Overall i still think uber lab is worth the loot on days when it is relatively fast to do it
Last edited by SpanishMonarch on Jun 29, 2016, 9:21:47 PM
All right, thanks for the answers from both of you.
Congrats... the end is so close! I picked Atziri (58 Runs left) and I still have 106 Maps to go.

Should I do 10 things I learned from doing 100 Atziri? :D

==========================================================================

6) The loot from chests has been nerfed considerably from a week or two ago-- I had done 10 or 12 runs much earlier in the league and got exalts and 6L's like crazy... now all I get are crappy div cards and quality gems

^

Yup. Still no confirmation but at some point, you know why there is silence. Bullshit imo.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Jun 29, 2016, 9:51:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info