Heterosexual pride day?

"
diablofdb wrote:
Let's have a white day pride, I'm proud of being white. Because on the course of history every civilization has suffered and used slavery, but it was some whites folks who fought against slavery and started to make it illegal. So yeah white have brought some good things in the world. Saying we're just a bunch of [Removed by Support] is actually very racist and offensive.

Also saying that the Hetero are always the oppressor is also very offensive and you should just check my other thread before judging me or telling me I'm a homophobic bigot. I was the first one on the forum who took the time to makes a thread about the killing in Orlando and how horrible it is to kill people just because they are homosexuals.

On the contrary, People should learn more about history. In reality, white people have dominated the world and exploited members of other races for hundreds of years. Many people around the world fought for their countries, their rights, against slavery. People like to glorify their history and avoid the unpleasant parts.
Last edited by deathflower on Jun 29, 2016, 8:13:17 PM
"
SkyCore wrote:
I think Jennik mistakenly believes one can only be allowed take pride in oneself if you were previously persecuted. The errors in his thinking are so many he doesnt not even realize his own errors.

Of course you don't have to have experienced persecution to feel proud, but I don't think you're taking the context of this specific case into account.

One one hand, we have the celebration of a civil rights movement of a historically (and currently, in many places across the globe) oppressed minority, on the other hand we have "well I'm really happy for you, and I'll let you finish, but what we really need to be celebrating right now is how normal I am".

It's a figurative shit on a literal parade.

"
TheWretch wrote:
Guys..guys.....GUYS..i was kidding.

We do not need a white pride day. Jesus Christ lol

I don't know, it could be kinda cool, it could be something like...

Spoiler

On second thought, you're right. We don't need white pride day.

You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
Last edited by Upandatem on Jun 29, 2016, 7:03:42 PM
"
deathflower wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:
Let's have a white day pride, I'm proud of being white. Because on the course of history every civilization has suffered and used slavery, but it was some whites folks who fought against slavery and started to make it illegal. So yeah white have brought some good things in the world. Saying we're just a bunch of [Removed by Support] is actually very racist and offensive.

Also saying that the Hetero are always the oppressor is also very offensive and you should just check my other thread before judging me or telling me I'm a homophobic bigot. I was the first one on the forum who took the time to makes a thread about the killing in Orlando and how horrible it is to kill people just because they are homosexuals.

On the contrary, People should learn more about history. In reality, white people have dominated the world and exploited members of other races for hundreds of years. Many people around the world fought for their countries, their rights, against slavery. People like glorify their history and avoid the unpleasant parts.

watching history:

Blacks have made many slaves, so did asians. Everyone has conquered and made slave the whole history was like that. It's not just White. I hate when people act like only white owned slaves, and I should make constants apologies about it.
There was a double post here.
It's gone now.
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
Last edited by Upandatem on Jun 29, 2016, 7:04:56 PM
"
Upandatem wrote:
"
SkyCore wrote:
I think Jennik mistakenly believes one can only be allowed take pride in oneself if you were previously persecuted. The errors in his thinking are so many he doesnt not even realize his own errors.

Of course you don't have to have experienced persecution to feel proud, but I don't think you're taking the context of this specific case into account.

One one hand, we have the celebration of a civil rights movement of a historically (and currently, in many places across the globe) oppressed minority, on the other hand we have "well I'm really happy for you, and I'll let you finish, but what we really need to be celebrating right now is how normal I am".

It's a figurative shit on a literal parade.

"
TheWretch wrote:
Guys..guys.....GUYS..i was kidding.

We do not need a white pride day. Jesus Christ lol

I don't know, it could be kinda cool, it could be something like...

Spoiler

On second thought, you're right. We don't need white pride day.

That Mom jeans sketch is a classic!! Isn't Mia Rudolph African-American though? Doesn't matter, funny shit.

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
The way I see it, being homosexual or not is roughly as important as hating broccoli or not. One's preferences in sexual appetite shouldn't be viewed as significantly more important than one's preferences in plain old appetite.

That said, I've spent a fair amount of time proclaiming the perfect awesomeness of bacon, so in that vein I imagine professing one's love of a particular set of genitals can be fun, even if a bit silly.

However, the notion of a gay pride parade has always striked me as weird. The way I see it, such an affair shouldn't be any more important than a bacon festival (which is an actual yearly event here in El Paso). Yet it's serious business, they say. Why? Past and present persecution, they say. Well, at the very least, I feel that attitude shows an unwillingness to move on past the harmful and stupid attitudes of the past.

Being sincerely, unironically proud of your homosexuality or heterosexuality is absurd. Like being a "proud bacon lover." It's just what you happen to like. (Being ironically proud of it, celebrating it, etc is just fine.)

Edit: I guess remembering the courage of those who overcame persecution against gays is a respectable cause for a holiday or parade. However, I have no idea who the gay equivalent of MLK is... which I think proves my point. The LBGT community should stop making pride about themselves and start making it about their history. Chances are, if you're quite young and gay, you personally have nothing in particular to be proud of; the struggle was already won for you.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 29, 2016, 7:47:02 PM
"
diablofdb wrote:

watching history:

Blacks have made many slaves, so did asians. Everyone has conquered and made slave the whole history was like that. It's not just White. I hate when people act like only white owned slaves, and I should make constants apologies about it.

Two wrongs make one right? If you look at it now, it is pretty ridiculous. We are talking about Countries, Nations and Continents.

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
The way I see it, being homosexual or not is roughly as important as hating broccoli or not. One's preferences in sexual appetite shouldn't be viewed as significantly more important than one's preferences in plain old appetite.

That said, I've spent a fair amount of time proclaiming the perfect awesomeness of bacon, so in that vein I imagine professing one's love of a particular set of genitals can be fun, even if a bit silly.

However, the notion of a gay pride parade has always striked me as weird. The way I see it, such an affair shouldn't be any more important than a bacon festival (which is an actual yearly event here in El Paso). Yet it's serious business, they say. Why? Past and present persecution, they say. Well, at the very least, I feel that attitude shows an unwillingness to move on past the harmful and stupid attitudes of the past.

Being sincerely, unironically proud of your homosexuality or heterosexuality is absurd. Like being a "proud bacon lover." It's just what you happen to like. (Being ironically proud of it, celebrating it, etc is just fine.)

Edit: I guess remembering the courage of those who overcame persecution against gays is a respectable cause for a holiday or parade. However, I have no idea who the gay equivalent of MLK is... which I think proves my point. The LBGT community should stop making pride about themselves and start making it about their history. Chances are, if you're quite young and gay, you personally have nothing in particular to be proud of; the struggle was already won for you.

Well you know what they say. People are suppose to learn from the past experiences so they don't make the same mistakes. I don't think people should be backward-looking nor do I think people should forget about them.
"
deathflower wrote:

Two wrongs make one right? If you look at it now, it is pretty ridiculous. We are talking about Countries, Nations and Continents.

No I'm just saying it is hypocrite to blame everything on the White. It is false, Racist and hypocrite.
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:

No I'm just saying it is hypocrite to blame everything on the White. It is false, Racist and hypocrite.

How am I a Hypocrite? I say Both are wrong. You are justifying atrocities by saying someone else did it first.

"Heterosexual Pride Day" seem to be a joke or troll bait. Can somebody prove me wrong here?
^ K that's pretty funny lol
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info