Heterosexual pride day?

"
diablofdb wrote:
I know heterosexual haven't been oppressed like Gays. I'm just saying that what is happening now is just hypocrisy and some discrimination.

I'm a bigot because I'm proud of being hetero? That's discrimination.

[Removed by Support]

And diablo (apparently another fan of making absurd leaps), I said that because the sort of people who advocate for "heterosexual pride" are always (in my experience) the same kind of people who advocate for white pride. They're not doing it to celebrate an aspect of themselves, or to take a stand against previous or current persecution. They're doing it as an attack on those very people who are taking a stand against persecution.

It's possible you are one of that rare, mystical breed of people who are actually, for whatever reason, incredibly proud of being heterosexual. You honestly believe that having a day set aside to celebrate heterosexuality is in some way a positive thing. I don't buy it, though. I hear that the same way I hear my uncle Johnny when he says "hey, I'm not racist" after coming back from one of his Klan meetings.

Ask yourself, who exactly are the people talking about this "trendy" idea? Is it the same conservative jackasses who are always attacking homosexuals? Gee, I wonder. (And for those playing along at home, the answer is OF FUCKING COURSE IT IS.)

Edit: Removed the quote from SkyCore since Melissa deleted my response to him. Why quote something I can't reply to? Thanks for the great work as always, GGG moderators!
Last edited by Jennik on Jun 29, 2016, 5:59:18 PM
The question is: what's the point of having "heterosexual pride day"?
If your answer contains the word "gay", then it's probably a wrong reason.
"
TheWretch wrote:
We should totally have a white pride day...no wait..scratch that

So... why not?

Spoiler
if it was for me, I would abolish pride day-months altogether, huge waste of time with whatever group jerking themselves to death unproductively. Hell, I'd abolish most days, it seems almost every day now is a international something something day. No, I dont give a fuck if its international brocoli or chocolate day, fuck off
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jun 29, 2016, 5:32:14 PM
Let's have a white day pride, I'm proud of being white. Because on the course of history every civilization has suffered and used slavery, but it was some whites folks who fought against slavery and started to make it illegal. So yeah white have brought some good things in the world. Saying we're just a bunch of [Removed by Support] is actually very racist and offensive.

Also saying that the Hetero are always the oppressor is also very offensive and you should just check my other thread before judging me or telling me I'm a homophobic bigot. I was the first one on the forum who took the time to makes a thread about the killing in Orlando and how horrible it is to kill people just because they are homosexuals.
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Jun 29, 2016, 5:48:39 PM
"Pointing out that I'm racist is racist! Pointing out that I'm a bigot is bigoted! You're the bad guy here, not me!"
I could totally get into wearing a brightly coloured pair of undies whilst dancing on a float and feeling up people of the opposite sex.

It's raining men or women, Hallelujah, it's raining men or women, Amen
I'm gonna go out, I'm gonna let myself get absolutely soaking wet
It's raining men or women, Hallelujah it's raining men or women, every specimen
Tall blond dark and lean rough and tough and strong and mean

Im just joking by the way. I have a few gay friends myself who all have a very good sense of humour.

"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

Guys..guys.....GUYS..i was kidding.

We do not need a white pride day. Jesus Christ lol
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
anyway I think it's ok to be proud of being Hetero, white, male, woman, asian, algeperbisthanaian or anything else.

Anyone should be proud of themselves, except the CEO of EA
"
diablofdb wrote:
anyway I think it's ok to be proud of being Hetero, white, male, woman, asian, algeperbisthanaian or anything else.

Anyone should be proud of themselves, except the CEO of EA

Touché
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Jennik wrote:

They're not doing it to celebrate an aspect of themselves, or to take a stand against previous or current persecution. They're doing it as an attack on those very people who are taking a stand against persecution.

You are the one attacking people here. You make assumption that 'hetro pride' is an attack. That is your belief that you transfer onto others. It is not reality. You are in error. You are wrong, at least in my case... I dont claim to know with certainty what other people think, but my best assumption is that people here are trying to point out the hypocrisy of people just like you.

To think in terms of bad guys vs good guys... to frame your percepts in simpleminded good vs bad personified is very much something that the media drills into our psyche, purposefully or not. The villainization of individuals is very much a poor rationalization that promotes barbaric actions/ disharmony. Each individual takes actions which we could deem to be good or evil. It is the actions which possess the property of our subjective good or evil, not the individuals. bad-guy good-guy should not be idioms. only good or bad actions/beliefs.

As for the beliefs promoted by various people in this thread, i find YOURs to be the most disharmonious and inconsistent with the truth of the matter being presented. You should really reflect upon what other people are REALLY saying, instead of what you imagine them to be saying. And instead of taking on the mantle of a superhero social justice warrior defeating the evil people whom dont agree with you, you should calmly and without negativity explain what you think and why.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info