Developer Questions and Answers

"
Here's something I was always curious about..

Did you guys build your own proprietary engine or is it built upon something like unity/UE4?

I've just recently got into game design and was wondering if something as complex as the POE engine can be built upon an existing engine.

It's entirely written by them, not built on top of another engine. This is the reason why sometimes performance is suboptimal (the game was initially developed from 2006 to 2011 in a garage, essentially) and why there are certain limitations.
I have two questions myself.

I and others feel as though Talisman mechanics were entirely reasonable for the live game in a less pronounced manner. Why has it come about that the Grinding Gear Games team has decided otherwise?

Is the team concerned that the speed of the game has risen too far to balance? In many situations the most effective way to play is simultaneously the fastest.
"If they actually showed gameplay with it zoomed out and then zoomed it in for the real one I think there would be actual riots in the street. I think that people would burn the building down."
What are some things that you find in other games you play that you find interesting and want to see if they're possible to implement in PoE?

What are some of the things you've tried to implement in the game after beta during your internal testing that you decided wasn't a good fit, was way too over/under powered, or wasn't as cool as you hoped it would be?

With the recent popularity of the Warcraft movie, if GGG was ever approached to make a PoE movie, long run or short run TV series, would you accept?

What are the your favorite builds to play?

Thanks for the great game and keep up the good work.
Are you still accepting large donations (in the thousands of $$) with "negotiable rewards".
Cos I've got a tattslotto ticket this week and I'm feeling lucky.
1. Has there been any progress with implementing ctrl+clicking for the guild stash? Pls. ;-;

2. There was a hint in the new belt announcement about "many new base types", can we get some more hints about that?

3. Is there a plan to remove Cruel and/or refactor leveling (similar to the shifts made with 2.0) when Act V releases?

4. Would you consider having maps display as Ruthless difficulty in the tab menu? It just feels like they're a different section of the game, with scaling far removed from Merciless, plus it would be cool to bring it back in some form.

5. Help.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
I really enjoy the prophecy item upgrades, as it brings life to some otherwise useless items. Can we keep this upgrade feature (possibly even expand on it)?
When will you guys add Shape Shifting to the game??
It would be neat if you guys do!! Also are you guys going to make ghost flame shield?
As always keep up the good work you guys are the best!!
Hello GGG ! it might not be the right place to ask but i would like to know if you have any plans for melee elemental build , we struggle a lot actually because of the lack of support gem available ( make fortify increased damage for everyone and not only physical ! ) and the lack of damage in the tree .
My question(s) is/are for you Chris.

How did you get to the point in your life to where you wanted to develop a game and how did the idea for Path of Exile come to existence?

What's your favorite thing to do in your down time or things if there are many?

My third question is: what is your favorite thing about Path of Exile at this point in time?

Finally, If there's anything you could do without the restrictions of reality, restrictions from the games code, essentially if you could do anything to change or create for Path of Exile what would it be and why?
Last edited by AngelofRock on Jun 28, 2016, 8:23:53 PM
when will the game have a decent map? cause the game is awesome the the map....grrrr.... nightmare...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info