Developer Questions and Answers

Is Shavronne's Mutant Fish from the Vaal Temple supposed to six link any item in your inventory? That seems a little too powerful. I don't want to tell you guys how to balance, but that seems pretty broken.
i have two questions:

1. there has been some discussion on the subreddit recently about the range of effects support gems have, and the limitation of choice when it comes to them. some argue that in its current state, choosing support gems is primarily a min-maxing of damage multipliers to eke out the most dps. they would prefer little or no damage multipliers on support gems, in favor of only unique effects one had to choose between. what are your thoughts on this, and are you against this large of an overhaul to a core game mechanic?

2. are there any plans to improve upon AI pathing (or is it being done currently)? the most obvious example of its current limitations now are probably strongboxes. they're intended to literally be an ambush of a group of monsters, but more often than not (especially in enclosed maps like catacombs) there are stragglers in adjacent rooms who forgot about the whole ambush thing. conversely, sometimes a monster will notice me from several screens away. as i understand it, these issues can occur with minions as well, though not as frequently.

thanks for all the hard work, dedication, and love you put into this game. it shows.
How complicated is it for you to hire a foreigner and relocate them to NZ? Have you done it/would you consider it?
Is there a way to remove/lower graphic animations of the heralds? Herald of ice crashes client on a daily basis, herald of ash is lagging the game on every big pack.
How often do you get to eat fish?

Crossbows. Can we have those yet?

As I look through the forums, some of the questions I wanted to ask has already been asked...

...Except this one...

Are you guys at GGG in a position to be able to get the possibility of having voice actor Paul Eiding to work with you for future content in Path Of Exile?

Last edited by XPhantasmaX on Jun 28, 2016, 8:33:28 PM
1) Why haven't all basic skill gems been made available to all classes from vendors? Everyone hates making mule characters to get gems, and trading for them over and over again is annoying at best.

2) Unarmed fighters are in an awkward spot for movement skills. There is no way for them to get over walls/gaps without casting a spell, which doesn't feel right. Can we just use leap slam already?

3) There are some weapon MTX's that don't "fit" well on certain weapon types. For example, Runic Blade on an axe makes the player hold the blade with his hand. Same thing with the new Dragon Spear on staves. It's been this way for a long time, so I wasn't sure if there are plans to fix these?

4) Can we expect some more dragon weapon skins to go with dragon armor? Maybe some dragon wings too?
Last edited by Meridin on Jun 30, 2016, 3:55:06 PM
Will mercenaries be added at some point? Could they be customisable like most everything else in POE? Could you select their skills; where their points go in their passive skill tree; select their equipment (armor, weapons, links and sockets), etc.?
I'm a soon to be student graduate, of digital arts, specializing in Sound. Are there any open opportunity at GGG's office? Also, What traits do gaming companies values, and look for in future employees?
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
Last edited by 1Tokimeki2003 on Jun 28, 2016, 8:32:03 PM
Hi to all the devs,

I just wanted to know if you guys entierly gave up on pvp or if some balance patchs can be expected at some point in the futur ?
Right now it's an absolute mess and it;s getting worse patch after patch.

First Inquisitor ability to ignore elemental resistances on crit is game breaking and allow for elemental resistances (who are already more efficient than physical and chaos dmg) to scale to One Shot levels. Pathfinder is also incredibly good with the ability to recharge flasks on the go and to scale their duration to incredibly long time absuing some of the strongest like Vinktar, Rumi and Whriting Jar.

Second, ALL the new skills releases since 2.1 don't have pvp damages reduction, the most problematic right now beeing Earthquake and Vortex (that you can scale to absurd amount of damages that can't be avoided in away way, pretty much like Righteous Fire back in the days).

We don't expect anything like official tournaments to happen anytime soon but please could you have a look at the metagame right now and fix what's really gamebreaking ? The community would love you for that.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by IceDeal on Jun 28, 2016, 9:15:24 PM
I was curious if GGG had any plans to improve the in-game map? Possibly similar to how Diablo 3's uncovers the map as you walk through, I feel like it would help people clear "bad" map layouts if they could see where they had and hadn't been.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info