Get better account lock Feedback to the locked player

Just to set you with some background on the issue, my friend is a casual poe player, i had a hard time convincing him to test the game, however he ended up liking it, first league we played together was rampage, but he was busy with studies and had to stop playing until now.

Finaly on prophecy i hooked him again, and after hyping him about the upcoming expansion with more lategame content he decided to support GGG and bough the prophecy supporter pack not even two weeks ago. He was not even mapping yet, playing very casually, leveling alts, testing stuff new to him that he missed, etc...

24 hours ago, he tried to connect after work and he gets a msg saying his account is locked, and please conctact support. they dint even tell him it was only possible on mail since his forum acc is also locked, i had to guide it through the process and tell him the support e-mail. 0 info, no reason, no estimated time of investigation, not a single word trying to explain why.

https://gyazo.com/8cb406626627f8f87a933335a41b503b

This is the repply he got, after consulting me i had him checking his log(thing a noob player isnt able to do unless instructed) to see wtf happened only thing we saw was this:

2016/06/26 17:02:49 1371907562 310 [INFO Client 482084] @Slayer_GodHatesUsALL: Hi, I would like to buy your Catalysed Divine Mana Flask of Staunching listed for 999 mirror in Prophecy
2016/06/26 17:03:17 1371935781 310 [INFO Client 482084] @Slayer_GodHatesUsALL: do u got 999 mirrors? 2016/06/26 17:03:25 1371943484 310 [INFO Client 482084] @Slayer_GodHatesUsALL: y
2016/06/26 17:04:08 1371986109 310 [INFO Client 482084] %Slayer_GodHatesUsALL: my ho 2016/06/26 17:04:51 1372029937 310 [INFO Client 482084] @Slayer_GodHatesUsALL: kalandra 100 $ 2016/06/26 17:05:09 1372047937 310 [INFO Client 482084] @Slayer_GodHatesUsALL: acount nmber 0049 0123 01230000

He was looking for a flask and the guy asked the ridicusly price of 999 mirrors so my friend tried to follow the joke with a random price and a fake acc number containing 0123 0123 and ending in 0000 , please note that he is spanish and his english is trash.

That is the only stance were he mentioned something like that, a single whisper to a single person on a casual acc that have bought supporter packs, Do GGG do any kind of research before pulling the trigger when locking an acc? He never had more than a few exalts (much less a single mirror) not even mapping yet, playing few hours a week, Even with no context one can tell that its a joke but if they had bothered to check the logs or his stash or just following the single comment they would have seen that there wasn't any kind of trade with that guy.

My friend now is demolished and is even considering not playing even if they return his acc back because he felt really misstreated here, he has been 24 hours checking his mailbox and replying asap as they answered him. +30 hour delay on the investigation already.

The rage here isn't with the guys that reply you asap and as best as they can whenever you send a mail to them, the rage is with the ones in charge of bans(witch should be different people), even if one part of the staff is great according to our previous experiences, the section in charge of bans is not doing their work properly and my friend is unable to play already for the second day

The mistreated feeling isn't because of the ban itself, its because such low amount of explanations, following on the case or guidance on how to solve the problem by their part, they never said you have been banned because or this or that, we need to check some things before being able to unlock you, or you should wait for x hours, he needed to figure it out, if by any chance i wasn't there he would be unable even finding out about the GGG support email, if this happens to a non English player he may be done for playing PoE just because of miscommunication.

TLDR: Whoever is in charge of bans should be feed to kduku.

Update: He has been Unlock and can play again after Two and a half days, being his innocence proven already, the reason he got his account locked should be the evidence i showed on this thread.

I still hope they improve their communication and procedures regarding account locks just in cases some false positive triggers on a legit player that don't know how to deal with the situation.

in short, what i wanted to achieve with this post is:

- Have them double check a bit more before pulling an account lock.

- In case of account lock send more info to the locked player, reasons, gravity of the situation, possible outcomes acording to the final verdict, ways to defend yourself and if posible actual facts regarding the situation such as we have this log on day X where you harassed Y player. Also How can they actually contact the support.

- Give the people in charge of replying the emails at support@grindingear.com access to more info on ongoing investigations, i bet the guy that was replying to the emails had little to none info on the case, thats why he replied with just one line and a vague response on their first repply. We had to dig on his logs for a while to find the actual reason of the ban, thing they even don't tell you how to do.
When You die on Softcore, you lose experience.
When you die on Hardcore, you gain experience.
Last edited by JohnOldman on Jun 29, 2016, 4:29:02 PM
Last bumped on Aug 30, 2016, 10:11:01 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You're blaming GGG for locking an account that is jokingly or not (how would they know?) engaging in rmt? From an outsider, it looks like your friend thinks buying supporter packs gives you immunity to do whatever you want. Let them investigate. It takes time. Sometimes weeks. Maybe they will lift the ban. Maybe not.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jun 28, 2016, 4:59:48 PM
There's not even 999 mirrors in existence on Prophecy I bet.
"
mark1030 wrote:
You're blaming GGG for locking an account that is jokingly or not (how would they know?) engaging in rmt? From an outsider, it looks like your friend thinks buying supporter packs gives you immunity to do whatever you want. Let them investigate. It takes time. Sometimes weeks. Maybe they will lift the ban. Maybe not.

For anyone who understands anything at all about the game, or even the financial industry, it's obviously a complete joke. It's a 1 fusing potion with a 999 mirror buyout and an account number that's impossible to validate (bogus INN number, etc).

The problem is GGG hiring support staff who apparently don't play the game or understand the economy or understand item value or understand real life finance, completely failing at judgment decisions on RMT while RMT is fucking rampant.

And the fanboys who defend GGG here have exceptionally low standards for customer service.

Edit: fuck it. pat on the back for the employee who stopped the $200,000+ magic potion RMT! Deserves performance bonus!
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Jun 28, 2016, 5:17:00 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:

The better question is, how could anyone, after spending more than 20 seconds looking at this exchange, get the idea that RMT had actually occurred?

How would they know it's a joke? Oh, I don't know... see if mirrors actually changed hands? Duh? Maybe?

FFS people, GMs are simply not very professional.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
Just have your friend keep sending them emails. Stay in contact, stay polite, provide all the info you can, and be patient. I'm sure they'll lift it.

However, it's extremely unwise to even fake participating in 3rd party RMT, and many games have a "zero tolerance / no questions asked" kind of policy about it. I don't think GGG is quite that harsh, but they are right to ban first and ask questions later. Let it be a lesson.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
"
mark1030 wrote:

Mate, the post isnt about the ban itself, if you bother to read:

"
The mistreated feeling isn't because of the ban itself, its because such low amount of explanations, following on the case or guidance on how to solve the problem by their part, they never said you have been banned because or this or that, we need to check some things before being able to unlock you, or you should wait for x hours, he needed to figure it out, if by any chance i wasn't there he would be unable even finding out about the GGG support email, if this happens to a non English player he may be done for playing PoE just because of miscommunication.

Why do all older players asume all players should have same amount of knowledge about the game, you are just alienating new players by doing so.

i needed to tell him information it should have feed to him along with the account lock, thats the point of the post, for them to give a better experience to their consumers, not to lift his ban just cause i say so.

Everyone is assuming is an obvious thing not to joke about RMT, because they are experienced players, but to a relatively new player that barely played the game casually on and off for less than a year, that also isn't fluid on English and have never step a foot on this forum or third party ones like Reddit isn't that easy to notice.

The shitton of things you miss as a new player on this game are extremely high, and that is what is the most detrimental fail of this game, how the fuck is a noob supposed to know he can use the command /claim_crafting_benches for example?

GGG needs to find better ways to feed their players important and useful information and that's what im trying to achieve with this feedback post
When You die on Softcore, you lose experience.
When you die on Hardcore, you gain experience.
"
Albinosaurus wrote:
Just have your friend keep sending them emails. Stay in contact, stay polite, provide all the info you can, and be patient. I'm sure they'll lift it.

However, it's extremely unwise to even fake participating in 3rd party RMT, and many games have a "zero tolerance / no questions asked" kind of policy about it. I don't think GGG is quite that harsh, but they are right to ban first and ask questions later. Let it be a lesson.

It was clearly a joke. Like. Clearly. It would take all but 2 seconds of reading comprehension to figure it out. Whoever locked/banned him has some serious explaining to do.
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
Albinosaurus wrote:

It was clearly a joke. Like. Clearly. It would take all but 2 seconds of reading comprehension to figure it out. Whoever locked/banned him has some serious explaining to do.

No. They don't. That's the point. Whether or not OP's "friend" may be joking about it, GGG does not. It's that simple.

Edit: Read this, since you clearly have not. Terms of Use

"
Cancellation of Membership: Grinding Gear Games reserves the right, acting at its sole discretion, to refuse to accept your registration request for a Member Account. To the greatest extent permitted by law, Grinding Gear Games also reserves the right, acting at its sole discretion, at any time to cancel your registration and access to your Member Account or to restrict, limit or otherwise change your existing rights of access to your Member Account, or any specific feature or benefit afforded to you in relation to your Member Account, including without limitation in respect of any Virtual Items, if it believes you have breached these Terms of Use or any other agreements you may have with Grinding Gear Games or for any other reason whatsoever. In such event you agree that Grinding Gear Games will not be required to provide you with prior notice or explanation in respect of such action. Notwithstanding the cancellation of access to your Member Account in any case, you agree you will remain fully liable for any outstanding liability owed to Grinding Gear Games. Grinding Gear Games may also, where it believes such action is necessary, without notice block IP addresses of any users who have breached the Terms of Use.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
Last edited by Albinosaurus on Jun 28, 2016, 5:35:06 PM
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
Albinosaurus wrote:

Naaawww man. Next to a $42 "MTX" for a single cosmetic armour skin or a $110 cosmetic scorpion pet, a player willing to spend $200,000+ on a magic potion that actually does something in the game seems totally legit! That an equivalent magic potion can be bought for 1 fusing is irrelevant. The 999 mirror pot was touched by elvis!
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info