Get better account lock Feedback to the locked player

You're missing the point: It DOES NOT MATTER if he was joking. Not even a little.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
Lol @ all the fan boys in this thread.

OP's friend got screwed over for a joke. And is now getting ignored by GGG's customer support.
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
Calling people "fanboys" just makes you sound ignorant, and invalidates your opinion.
Knowing how certain media works (how they can distort information to their advantage) there was probably more to that conversation than shown. Seems kinda weird if the mods were just trigger happy.

Not saying anyone is in the wrong, but I wouldn't joke about RMT in any MMO's to be honest.
"Welcome to path of exile, where the rules are made up and the mods don't matter."

Free to play model = optional support = supporter titles = gamifying purchases = gotta catch em all = $$$$
Well, there's a big difference in how you joke about RMT.

"
Naaawww man. Next to a $42 "MTX" for a single cosmetic armour skin or a $110 cosmetic scorpion pet, a player willing to spend $200,000+ on a magic potion that actually does something in the game seems totally legit! That an equivalent magic potion can be bought for 1 fusing is irrelevant. The 999 mirror pot was touched by elvis!

This is perfectly acceptable. Pretending to do it yourself is not.
"
Nasynne wrote:
Knowing how certain media works (how they can distort information to their advantage) there was probably more to that conversation than shown. Seems kinda weird if the mods were just trigger happy.

Not saying anyone is in the wrong, but I wouldn't joke about RMT in any MMO's to be honest.

Well, my friend pasted me the logs so i cant be 100% sure but i doubt my IRL friend that barely speaks English and is new to PoE is secretly selling hundreds mirrors beyond my back on a temp league he played for less than 2 weeks.

Btw thanks for the support to my friend some of you are showing back, we were wondering if we were the only ones that thought this whole deal wasn't much consumer friendly.
When You die on Softcore, you lose experience.
When you die on Hardcore, you gain experience.
Last edited by JohnOldman on Jun 28, 2016, 5:58:34 PM
Terms of Use is not a free license to do whatever you want. This has been proven multiple times in U.S. Courts, EU Courts, etc.

EULAs/Terms of Use have been challenged and beaten plenty of times before.

Also I wasn't talking about the legal ramifications of the lock/ban, I'm talking about the community response. Sure, it's GGG's game and technically they have lots of leeway on what they can and cannot do. But it's clear said guy was kidding, no rule was actually broken, and it would have taken all of 3 seconds to investigate whether a Mirror changed hands (and it's pretty easy to track mirrors I bet because so few of them are in circulation).

They don't have to explain, but it looks real bad on their part to suddenly just lock a player's account when all evidence point to the fact that no rules were actually broken, with essentially no explanation. To me, it just screams absolute incompetence.
Last edited by allbusiness on Jun 28, 2016, 6:09:03 PM
GGG is answerable to New Zealand's courts. When it comes to 3rd party RMT, you wouldn't win this in a U.S. court either.

Still, I think GGG definitely should provide more info on the circumstances, duration, and reason for the bans they give out, but I can see why they wouldn't bother if they have to do it to bots all the time and the occasional actual person gets caught in the crossfire once in awhile.

That said, showing you actually are a person rather than a bot, and showing that you were not actually conducting RMTs is probably the fastest/easiest way to get the ban lifted.
"
Albinosaurus wrote:
GGG is answerable to New Zealand's courts. When it comes to 3rd party RMT, you wouldn't win this in a U.S. court either.

Still, I think GGG definitely should provide more info on the circumstances, duration, and reason for the bans they give out, but I can see why they wouldn't bother if they have to do it to bots all the time and the occasional actual person gets caught in the crossfire once in awhile.

That said, showing you actually are a person rather than a bot, and showing that you were not actually conducting RMTs is probably the fastest/easiest way to get the ban lifted.

GGG is answerable to any court where they do business in, which includes the U.S., Europe, and any other country.

In this particular instance, GGG wouldn't win this if it actually made it to court. Although he pretended, there was no actual violation that took place, so said user actually didn't violate the ToS or EULA. Not many U.S. judges would side with GGG on this.

And since said user is in Spain and has purchased virtual goods through the Euro, complaints would be filed through the European Union which has shown that they don't exactly stand on the side of game companies either.
Last edited by allbusiness on Jun 28, 2016, 6:17:22 PM
"
Albinosaurus wrote:
You're missing the point: It DOES NOT MATTER if he was joking. Not even a little.

False, it does matter a bit actually. There's no reasonable person on the planet who can read those lines of text and see real RMT occurring.

The thing that ppl here are missing is that maybe he WAS engaged in RMT. Just because a dude is your friend doesn't mean he will tell you everything he is doing. However, this conversation log is not reason enough to ban someone. In fact, I believe if this was tried in a court, it would be ruled against GGG just because of how stupid it is. IDK what the laws are in new zealand, but here in the U.S. saying you are going to do something doesn't hold weight in court unless people believe it carries intent.

For example, a woman saying she will have sex with a man while at the bar with him doesn't hold weight in court if she is drunk - she has the right to file a rape suit later on if she changes her mind after being sober for a bit, because she can't legally consent while drunk - even if she SAYS otherwise herself on tape.

Regardless though, the OP was about GGG providing information about bans at the time/before they are carried out, which isn't an unreasonable request.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jun 28, 2016, 6:20:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info