Get better account lock Feedback to the locked player

What makes you guys think beyond a doubt that it's a joke and not a code? You think people doing illegal transactions are always literal? What if mirror is code for exalts? Then when caught they could say " it's obviously a joke". It's not being a fanboy. It's common sense. Go read all the things people on craigslist use as code for money when selling things they aren't supposed to be selling.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by mark1030 on Jun 28, 2016, 6:25:46 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:
What makes you guys think beyond a dougt that it's a joke and not a code? You think people doing illegal transactions are always literal? What if mirror is code for exalts? Then when caught they could say " it's obviously a joke". It's not being a fanboy. It's common sense. Go read all the things people on craigslist use as code for money when selling things they aren't supposed to be selling.

dude do you think real rmters will use ingame chat for shit? even for code? if they do is botting msgs to all tradechat and thousands of whispers before they get banned otherwise im sure they use either their web or a third party program like skype (at least that what boosters use in League of Legends)

who will bother to make a code for in game chat instead of using any other viable third party tool
When You die on Softcore, you lose experience.
When you die on Hardcore, you gain experience.
"
mark1030 wrote:
What makes you guys think beyond a doubt that it's a joke and not a code? You think people doing illegal transactions are always literal? What if mirror is code for exalts? Then when caught they could say " it's obviously a joke". It's not being a fanboy. It's common sense. Go read all the things people on craigslist use as code for money when selling things they aren't supposed to be selling.

Because who would be stupid enough to handle information about RMTing in the actual chat, especially if it's supposedly 999 Exalts (which would still be worth tens of thousands of dollars if not hundreds of thousands)?

No serious RMTing information is ever handled in game; if it was going to happen, I bet it would be handled outside of the game.
Seems kind of like blaming fireworks manufacturers for some idiot blowing his hand off. There were warning labels. Common sense says you shouldn't do it. He did it anyway, then is all surprised by the result.

Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
"
Albinosaurus wrote:
Seems kind of like blaming fireworks manufacturers for some idiot blowing his hand off. There were warning labels. Common sense says you shouldn't do it. He did it anyway, then is all surprised by the result.

He didn't violate any rules, and it would have taken 3 seconds to verify if he did. Whoever locked his account is nothing short of an imbecile if they truly locked his account based on the evidence presented within this thread.
locking an account is due to investigations.
if investigations turn out negative for the player, he get's banned.

i don't think a player gets banned for making such an obvious joke on trade chat, there's probably more. and if not, he will get unlocked soon.

---

their ToS are hilarious though, if they want people really invest big int the game they need to make those people trust them big.

worked for me at the time (pretty sure the the ToS weren't that exclusive then) but with all the "banning for scamming" without telling players what "scamming" is for them, i think establishing trust just got substantially harder.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Are we sure it was a person that banned them at all? Lots of games have bots that check for certain keywords/phrases and flag/ban based on those. But even assuming an investigation was required to trigger the ban (a mod responding to a flagged chat), we probably aren't getting the whole story from the OP--and we still don't have GGG's side of this. I'm sure that would change some attitudes.

At the end of the day, though, it's really between that player and GGG to figure out his account status, not us. This thread is pointless and goes nowhere.
Maybe he used 3rd party programs at some point, we don't know but that's not the point of this thread.

Imo the OP offers valuable feedback: A newer player might be totally lost in such a case. There is room for improvement regarding communication.

No comment to all the "nothing wrong here" posts...

e: My (passive) english is decent but I think I don't get the reply from Gary in the email. Player says "I never RMTd", what's there to explain?
Last edited by Sa_Re on Jun 29, 2016, 12:45:09 PM
"
There is room for improvement regarding communication.

This is vastly agreed upon.

"
I don't get the reply from Gary in the email. Player says "I never RMTd", what's there to explain?

Like I was saying, we don't have GGG's side of this. It's possible the player was using 3rd party software or RMT'ing, and we don't have a way to know that--but GGG would--so him denying it in the email doesn't prove his innocence. While I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt, we just don't have all the facts here, either way.
"
Albinosaurus wrote:
Are we sure it was a person that banned them at all? Lots of games have bots that check for certain keywords/phrases and flag/ban based on those. But even assuming an investigation was required to trigger the ban (a mod responding to a flagged chat), we probably aren't getting the whole story from the OP--and we still don't have GGG's side of this. I'm sure that would change some attitudes.

At the end of the day, though, it's really between that player and GGG to figure out his account status, not us. This thread is pointless and goes nowhere.

The point of this thread is, was, and always has been about giving the player more information in bans/etc. Regardless of how much you try to railroad it, and the point is valid.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info