Premium Tabs are pay to win

I had premium tabs when new trading system hit so i never gave it much thought.
Played with a new friend, and i casually thew in " now just put the item, enable public and boom ".

The facepalm that ensued was of epic proportions.
Now he is new, and he is cut off from trading... well, unless you take trade chat as a viable trading option.

Sure, he can pay to trade and probably will. But damn, poe went pay to win after all these seasons.
Still not sure how i feel about this... smells slippery sloppery if not downright lame.

Cheers

btw.. lab sucks.
Last bumped on Jul 4, 2016, 11:22:43 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
You know you can set up forum threads manually with the items and the b/o and it will list on poe.trade just fine, don't you?

You also know that, if you really wanna walk the mile to trade, you can first use Acquisition to set up those forum threads easily, before paying money, right?

I do agree that the trading system is bollocks, but your claims completely ignore the alternatives.
EXP past level 97 is an illusion, exile.
It's like almost pay to win, stash tabs in general are. They give you a distinct advantage. You're able to do so much more in the game when you have space.

I used to be the guy with 3 clients who used all of them, and made multiple characters to hold stuff in their inventory because the account stash was full. I still was limited severely.

People that say they aren't p2w are completely delusional and never experienced what it's like to not have the extra tabs.
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
"
_Emperor_ wrote:
Played with a new friend, and i casually thew in " now just put the item, enable public and boom ".

Now he is new, and he is cut off from trading... well, unless you take trade chat as a viable trading option.

Sure, he can pay to trade and probably will. But damn, poe went pay to win after all these seasons.
Still not sure how i feel about this... smells slippery sloppery if not downright lame.

Cheers

btw.. lab sucks.

There is Acquisition, and though there's a bit of setup involved, once you have it set up, it basically runs itself.

Don't be discouraged on that front. It's the QoL shaft GGG's giving the playerbase that is much more worthy of your discouragement.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
"
Ridelith wrote:
You know you can set up forum threads manually with the items and the b/o and it will list on poe.trade just fine, don't you?

You also know that, if you really wanna walk the mile to trade, you can first use Acquisition to set up those forum threads easily, before paying money, right?

I do agree that the trading system is bollocks, but your claims completely ignore the alternatives.

Leaving the game to trade is not acceptable if you are new here.
If you read what i wrote, i described a certain scenario.

I used all of the systems before this public tabs nonsense came along.
It is only now that i realized how much of a pay 2 win this is.

We can go and debate semantics and nuances, but dropping my items into tabs is in another universe when you compare it to downloading tools and making threads.

And i still have to go outside of the game to buy items in the game.

Yeah.. i considered alternatives and i have used them.Still p2w.

Cheers.

btw. lab sucks
"
laycast wrote:
People that say they aren't p2w are completely delusional and never experienced what it's like to not have the extra tabs.

Untrue. I managed to pull through several leagues with only 4 stash tabs. I only sold 5c+ stuff, never hoarded 1c items and such because I knew it wouldn't be worth it. I still could get a lot of exes, buy 6links, make meta builds, etc back then.

I do agree there is a pay 2 win aspect on it. You can use acquisition or manual forum trading, but it consumes 3x the time you'd spend using premium tabs.

I'm more inclined to say the only option is to revamp trading system and add some form of automated trading. This way we'd solve most of the trading problems, including AFK/offline traders, scammers, etc.
EXP past level 97 is an illusion, exile.
Last edited by Ridelith on Jun 28, 2016, 3:27:59 PM
"
Ridelith wrote:
"
laycast wrote:

Untrue. I managed to pull through several leagues with only 4 stash tabs. I only sold 5c+ stuff, never hoarded 1c items and such because I knew it wouldn't be worth it. I still could get a lot of exes, buy 6links, make meta builds, etc back then.

I do agree there is a pay 2 win aspect on it. You can use acquisition or manual forum trading, but it consumes 3x the time you'd spend using premium tabs.

I'm more inclined to say the only option is to revamp trading system and add some form of automated trading. This way we'd solve most of the trading problems, including AFK/offline traders, scammers, etc.

If it takes 3 times the amount of time then you are doing something wrong.

Premium tabs are no more "p2w" then regular tabs, I'd say regular tabs might be more so, but even then the amount of trading you have to do as a player is much less if you remove the small 1-2c sales and sell 5c+ items instead.

Not only do you make basically the same amount, but you aren't wasting all of your time doing various trades and leaving party constantly to do so.

Automated trade will never happen, don't get your hopes up for a system that GGG explicitly stated won't happen.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Last edited by goetzjam on Jun 28, 2016, 3:46:53 PM
Freeloader complaining about QoL... I thought this controversy was over.
"
IceDeal wrote:
Freeloader complaining about QoL... I thought this controversy was over.

I'm a supporter, dropped more on this game than any other game. And I'm not blind, I even acknowledge trade tabs are pay-2-win.

Trade tabs save me time. It's no different than paying for xp boosts. F2P games make their money by putting in time sinks, then selling short cuts around those time sinks. And trading in PoE is a time sink. Trade tabs are the fastest, easiest, and most convenient way to list items, it's a time sink short-cut that's behind a pay wall.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
_Emperor_ wrote:

Cheers

btw.. lab sucks.

Yes, they are. Doesn't really matter in SC or HC as QOL, but for league ladders, it really is P2W. You have to invest so much more time and effort in trading than racing.

And yes, lab does suck.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info