remove backtracking from The Dweller of the Deep

Backtracking is bad

Now when you kill boss in this cave you have to walk back to submerged passage or TP to town

Please fix it.

Make it like this:

or

Skyrim had best solution for this

video about backtracking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H97gCCJFXA
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Jul 4, 2016, 2:44:40 AM
Last bumped on Jul 10, 2016, 7:28:05 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I agree, it should be like the Ship Graveyard Cave.
This would have a significant impact on early race balance. Not saying it would be bad, though, just significant.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
First example is how most Skyrim dungeons are.

Because brains.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
You need to go deeper to find a monster and kill it, it is called the "dweller of the deep"
... jeez, why do people just only want to have everything easier and fuck consistensy ? seriously ?!

Besides the fastest way to keep going is to tp and go from the way point because the way to reach the ledge is in the opposite direction, this is still faster in many cases than if you had an out way from the flooded depths.
Portal ( or loging out ) is fast already, enough.

And in skyrim, those are dungons that have been built by people, who probably built an escape route, or just a way to get out more easily.
Plus in skyrim there is no portal when you are in the middle of a dungeon !
Here we have a cave, hunting for the dweller of the deep.

No.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
... jeez, why do people just only want to have everything easier and fuck consistensy ? seriously ?!

Please tell me more about "how walking in empty corridor or using TP to town is hard", it is not hard, it is boring and break pace of game.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Jun 28, 2016, 3:37:49 AM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
This would have a significant impact on early race balance. Not saying it would be bad, though, just significant.

No not really... Racers would still simply Leave the Game and log back in to go to town because no matter what they would do here that would be the fastest way to do this quest.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"
Jonmcdonald wrote:
I agree, it should be like the Ship Graveyard Cave.
GGG actually introduced backtracking into SGC. Before... what, 2.0?.. the exit from the cave was right next to Fairgraves place, now you have to go there through half a location.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
+1

The Usability in this Game could use a Tweak here and there.
Simple method to make this quest less painful that everyone should know:

-instead of rushing into flooded dephts in submerged passage run towards ledge. Important part here - before you cross bridge in submerged passage place a portal next to it
-run to ledge, take a wp, back to submerged passage via portal
-go kill that big ass crab
-you've saved time and mental health by eliminating need to backtrack from depths to passage; you've both done quest and reached ledge in less time than you would usually do

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info