remove backtracking from The Dweller of the Deep

"
Demonoz wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
This would have a significant impact on early race balance. Not saying it would be bad, though, just significant.

No not really... Racers would still simply Leave the Game and log back in to go to town because no matter what they would do here that would be the fastest way to do this quest.

The question is whether it's worth doing the quest at all. If you could walk out of the cave straight away after killing the dweller it would be a more attractive option.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
raxleberne wrote:
Simple method to make this quest less painful that everyone should know:

-instead of rushing into flooded dephts in submerged passage run towards ledge. Important part here - before you cross bridge in submerged passage place a portal next to it
-run to ledge, take a wp, back to submerged passage via portal
-go kill that big ass crab
-you've saved time and mental health by eliminating need to backtrack from depths to passage; you've both done quest and reached ledge in less time than you would usually do

Ya i'll do this next time. Still this quest is annoying. I don't know what GGG's obsession with backtracking is, it makes everything fucking tedious.

Masters.
Random Quests.
Prophecies.
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
+1. No reason to leave this bad design in place . And this doesnt have a impact on racers , as all will have the same benefit.
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
Demonoz wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
This would have a significant impact on early race balance. Not saying it would be bad, though, just significant.

No not really... Racers would still simply Leave the Game and log back in to go to town because no matter what they would do here that would be the fastest way to do this quest.

The question is whether it's worth doing the quest at all. If you could walk out of the cave straight away after killing the dweller it would be a more attractive option.

Fair enough but im pretty sure this quest in particular is a passive point which i would think would be worth it no matter what. Then again i dont race and i also do ALL these quests as i lvl because i dislike backtracking. This is also counter productive in a racing scenario since most racers skip alot of these for that reason so.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
I doubt it would make racing harder/easier, it would make it different for sure.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Im not sure if this is sarcasm or serious post. For the audience sake I really hope its the former, but sadly I cannot be sure.
"
raxleberne wrote:
Simple method to make this quest less painful that everyone should know:

-instead of rushing into flooded dephts in submerged passage run towards ledge. Important part here - before you cross bridge in submerged passage place a portal next to it
-run to ledge, take a wp, back to submerged passage via portal
-go kill that big ass crab
-you've saved time and mental health by eliminating need to backtrack from depths to passage; you've both done quest and reached ledge in less time than you would usually do

what lol this doesn't even make sense. How do you take your portal back to submerged? Or log out and your portal remains right?

Unless you are playing in a party, in which case i'm sure people are already doing this, one person just ignores side quests and goes forward and the other person ports them in before crab is dead and then they can continue. Similarly with act 2 parties split up.
"
biyte wrote:

what lol this doesn't even make sense. How do you take your portal back to submerged? Or log out and your portal remains right?

Get to Ledge WP. WP back to town. Run to portal.

For the thread topic, I agree. Backtracking sucks. I gain absolutely nothing from wasting time running over the corpses of monsters I already killed. All backtracking needs to be removed from the game. It's just bad design in an ARPG.
"
Jennik wrote:
"
biyte wrote:

Get to Ledge WP. WP back to town. Run to portal.

For the thread topic, I agree. Backtracking sucks. I gain absolutely nothing from wasting time running over the corpses of monsters I already killed. All backtracking needs to be removed from the game. It's just bad design in an ARPG.
no, it's not - if you attempt to generalize you have to have some arguments.

go play Nox. ARPG- check. great game, lots of backtracking. and traps. and oneshots. its glorious.

all you guys trying to turn this game into a super linear rails A->B game, WHY ? jesus christ.
Last edited by grepman on Jun 29, 2016, 6:29:06 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this was just an excuse for the TC to post a picture of a poorly drawn penis?

Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info