A Postal System.

I'd love to see something like this put in place. It would be a *huge* QoL improvement and make the game much more approachable to the casual market. Like this guy that is taking forever to make this post because he has to run back and forth to check on a new batch of mash... Anyway.

Talk to a NPC, and say send item X to player Y with a C.O.D. of Z. No auction BS. Just "Hey, I want to buy your Blah for three Ex." If the seller likes that offer they can send it to the person and that person needs to drop those three Ex into a dialog that would send them to the seller. Could maybe setup an escrow system but that might be a bit much.

As for items in limbo I'd say Player Y has 24 hours to collect or it's sent back to the seller.

Hell, even have a fee for usage. An alt or something on each side. Or make it's use a microtransaction. I'd totally give GGG good money for this. Or pants on the templar. Rather this though.

I don't know, just an idea. I make booze not games!
Last bumped on Jun 29, 2016, 10:47:58 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
can't have that.

would break immersion.

would make trade OP.

would destroy balance.

would improve QoL.

would make people pissed off that it took so long to implement something so good.

--all some of the excuses that GGG staff and whiteknights will come up with.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
what do you want to do with the item posted if neither the receiver nor the sender has the space to store it?

making 2 new accounts one could use the mechanics to store away additional items by just using the postal system.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jun 28, 2016, 2:18:10 AM
"
vio wrote:
what do you want to do with the item posted if neither the receiver nor the sender has the space to store it?

making 2 new accounts one could use the mechanics to store away additional items by just using the postal system.

that's a brilliant idea
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
"
vio wrote:

I'd expect the buyer would have the foresight to make room before accepting the item. As for the seller issue, just make single remove only tab for returned mail.

Right now you can make as many accounts as you have email addresses. And as far as I know it is totally legit to run two clients from one computer as long as they are each manually given commands. So at the moment, in theory, one could have infinite storage. They just need to make the trade "face to face", with the system I described they would at least have to pay a postal tax.

Date: September 7, 2010 11:31 PM
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/59

"
Chris wrote:
We intend to add an item mailing system.
"
joachimbond wrote:
can't have that.

would break immersion.

would make trade OP.

would destroy balance.

would improve QoL.

would make people pissed off that it took so long to implement something so good.

--all some of the excuses that GGG staff and whiteknights will come up with.

Brutal LOL

Then again, who doesn't love going to a different gateway's hideout and exhanging t4t's :>
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Siochan wrote:

Date: September 7, 2010 11:31 PM
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/59

"
Chris wrote:
We intend to add an item mailing system.

This made me actually laugh! I used to play Anarchy Online... a lot. Important fixes and upgrades were always "Coming Soon!" It took them 10 years to put out a beta engine... it has grass and better lighting.
I don't understand why they don't have a simple system where player x sells an item to a new "merchant" vendor or maybe instead when selling a unique to Hargan say instead of a flat 5 shards it will look up the price based on poe.trade or an economy equation which shouldn't be hard to figure out, supply vs demand and all that, and vice versa for selling.
It would completely cut out the wheeler dealers who prey on ignorant noobs and will give said noobs an easier go at amassing some currency to be able to build up there charcters and completely level the trading playing field without being terribly invasive or immersion breaking, because at the moment trade is a royal pain in the a$$ and I don't see where it is written that everything needs to be complicated.
Last edited by Qualanqui on Jun 29, 2016, 4:45:07 AM
"
Qualanqui wrote:
I don't understand why they don't have a simple system

just watch some of their interviews, they invent some mechanisms which they think is interesting for the gameplay,just implement it and see what players make out of it and how they try to use it to their advantage.

simple systems don't serve that purpose.

"
Deathride wrote:

Important fixes and upgrades were always "Coming Soon!" It took them 10 years to put out a beta engine..

no it's just that a postal system for items is a dead horse, players can abuse the system to no end and they luckily saw that coming.

"
Deathride wrote:
I'd expect the buyer would have the foresight to make room before accepting the item. As for the seller issue, just make single remove only tab for returned mail.

having read only stash tabs on demand (by selling to my alternate account) in the current league? really?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info