uber lab ruined this game for me

The forums are the funnest part about PoE.

JK, Labs are broken, and 75% of the community on the forums is a bunch of humpbacks.
"
morbo wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
Here's about a hundred threads about hating labyrinth. I suspect there is a bit more than three or four guys in there.

If you believe what you preach, then you have nothing to worry. GGG will 'fix' the lab in 2.4

But it might not be the fix you want.

E:
Just fyi, could link you 100 threads about "map drops suck". I know, because I've participated in like 50 of them during the last 3 years. Map drops still suck.

I'm not worried.

As long as there is no trap gameplay then it will be a fix I want.

Sorry don't believe that 100 map drops sucks threads are in existence.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
goetzjam wrote:

@Turtledove

You know all of those threads don't boil down to we hate lab, some of those want a better system for enchantments and such. If the issue was as large as you make it out to be GGG would have no option buy to make a change going forward, but despite all that Chris indicated weeks ago on the State of the Exile podcast that things weren't "slated" for change.

You just make stuff up all the time. I read the OP on all of them. if they had been about enchants only I wouldn't have included it but keep grasping at straws, if it makes you feel better.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

@Turtledove

You know all of those threads don't boil down to we hate lab, some of those want a better system for enchantments and such. If the issue was as large as you make it out to be GGG would have no option buy to make a change going forward, but despite all that Chris indicated weeks ago on the State of the Exile podcast that things weren't "slated" for change.

You just make stuff up all the time. I read the OP on all of them. if they had been about enchants only I wouldn't have included it but keep grasping at straws, if it makes you feel better.

Yeah I just make stuff up and you've read all these threads?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1618873

That thread is complaining about the damage ES builds take as compared to life, not only is that not a "lab hate thread" its just feedback and it was addressed in this leauge's patch.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1621396

This is a feedback thread about a suggestion to make the lab better, OP's post isn't I "fucking hate the lab".

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1626083

Thread in question, he says he dislikes it, but is trying to find a way to get enchantments without running the lab. Its been pretty well known since that post that people just buy bases or uniques with the enchantments they need. 95% of his post was in regards to feedback on enchantments

I didn't bother to check the less obvious ones, but these threads were even named in such a way that it is obvious that these are more focused on feedback rather then the large QQ you make them out to be.

I don't "make shit up" if anything you and your buddies post multiple topics on the same thing to inflate the idea that the lab is this massive issue that needs to be addressed. If it was so massive of an issue why are you still playing the game?

I'll give you a hint, because it isn't as big of a deal as you make it out to be.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
goatsjam, how do you know anyone posting here is still playing?

I'm not, but like an abused woman, I keep coming back here.

Why do I do this? Maybe because I'm holding onto that tiny shred of hope that before I become totally fed up and leave forever for real, GGG might show they give more than zero fucks about glaring QoL problems that have plagued the game since release, without exacerbating them with buggy DC prone service. (yes i'm rocking on my summoner hobby horse again)

But you know, that doesn't mean I'm playing. I'm not. I can't. All the joy has been sucked out of this game by the current league (it was just the last straw), the league of backtracking hell. Ive logged on a couple of times in the past week, and thought I might like to crank up my Guardian aurabot... But no. I was filled with disgust before I could even enter a zone.

TL;DR not everyone who's posting on the forum is still playing. They may be doing what I'm doing... holding onto that vain hope.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

@Turtledove

Yeah I just make stuff up and you've read all these threads?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1618873

That thread is complaining about the damage ES builds take as compared to life, not only is that not a "lab hate thread" its just feedback and it was addressed in this leauge's patch.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1621396

This is a feedback thread about a suggestion to make the lab better, OP's post isn't I "fucking hate the lab".

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1626083

Thread in question, he says he dislikes it, but is trying to find a way to get enchantments without running the lab. Its been pretty well known since that post that people just buy bases or uniques with the enchantments they need. 95% of his post was in regards to feedback on enchantments

I didn't bother to check the less obvious ones, but these threads were even named in such a way that it is obvious that these are more focused on feedback rather then the large QQ you make them out to be.

I don't "make shit up" if anything you and your buddies post multiple topics on the same thing to inflate the idea that the lab is this massive issue that needs to be addressed. If it was so massive of an issue why are you still playing the game?

I'll give you a hint, because it isn't as big of a deal as you make it out to be.

None of those are about enchantments only. You are just making up shit and then when caught in your nonsense you double down. Labyrinth is such a horrible mess there are a lot of things wrong with it but I did not include threads that were about Izaro, enchantments, and positive feedback on labyrinth.

I have told you many times that I love PoE and that is why I'm here. Non-optional Labyrinth is a cancer that must be removed in order to restore the game to its previous glory.
For me it was the opposite. Uber lab made game intresting again. I just love boss fights and mechanics.
"
joachimbond wrote:
goatsjam, how do you know anyone posting here is still playing?

I'm not, but like an abused woman, I keep coming back here.

Why do I do this? Maybe because I'm holding onto that tiny shred of hope that before I become totally fed up and leave forever for real, GGG might show they give more than zero fucks about glaring QoL problems that have plagued the game since release, without exacerbating them with buggy DC prone service. (yes i'm rocking on my summoner hobby horse again)

But you know, that doesn't mean I'm playing. I'm not. I can't. All the joy has been sucked out of this game by the current league (it was just the last straw), the league of backtracking hell. Ive logged on a couple of times in the past week, and thought I might like to crank up my Guardian aurabot... But no. I was filled with disgust before I could even enter a zone.

TL;DR not everyone who's posting on the forum is still playing. They may be doing what I'm doing... holding onto that vain hope.

The give away is challenges, if you have challenges completed that means you at least played the league for a little bit. Even if your activity dropped out before it typically would.

"
None of those are about enchantments only. You are just making up shit and then when caught in your nonsense you double down. Labyrinth is such a horrible mess there are a lot of things wrong with it but I did not include threads that were about Izaro, enchantments, and positive feedback on labyrinth.

I have told you many times that I love PoE and that is why I'm here. Non-optional Labyrinth is a cancer that must be removed in order to restore the game to its previous glory.

My God you don't fucking pay attention. I'm not making shit up actually read the content you link or don't fucking link it in an argument. If someone says "i hate the lab" then list a reason why they hate it like ES builds taking too much damage (which was addressed) or trying to get enchantments some other way, which the community has addressed by selling bases\uniques with various enchantments, then you can't just dump them into your massive thread of "hate the lab"

The lab, much like the AC points aren't going anywhere as soon as you realize that you can decide if you are going to part ways or just tough it out because you primarily play standard anyway and it really doesn't matter that much for you to spend 45 min or so per character to ascend, alternative methods would likely take a similar amount of time anyway.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
As much as I disagree with Goetzjam on many other topics, I agree with him to an extent here. Most of the community feedback has been "Here's how we can make Lab better" rather than "I hate labs/I quit." If you think about it a little bit, and ask yourself why you even bothered to post about it, is it to make yourself feel better by getting it out there for someone to see/hear--or do you actually expect GGG to do something about it? If it is the former, we can just /thread right now. If it is the latter, the onus is on you to state explicitly what you dislike about the Lab AND what changes could be made to make the experience better. Failure to provide either of those sides to the coin results in useless feedback.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info