The Lab's pacing

There are just a few two many zones to go through, and the majority of them are just a bunch of filler with monsters to reset flasks...which...why not just have little wells instead, and make those filler areas smaller, and get back to dodging traps quicker? Maybe have actually threatening mobs guarding them, occasionally?

And 9 zones, excluding zones where you need to search for keys, is a little excessive, especially when you can't press a pause button, or come back later.
Last bumped on Mar 17, 2016, 3:47:05 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Lab sucks in every way. Once you get your points never go back and you start liking the game again.
I don't understand why GGG can't grasp the concept of player fatigue. The content is fun, but it is mentally draining.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
That's not to say that there should be even more traps. Simply that the non-trapped zones should be much more confined. This will cut the length of the labs by a fairly large margin, one would speculate, and allow more people to actually want to finish it through to the end.
"
Chadwixx wrote:
Lab sucks in every way. Once you get your points never go back and you start liking the game again.

Yeah until you are thinking about how much fun it's going to be to make another character now that you're high enough level to start feeding gear to other charters, but wait you have to do it all over again. No thanks I will never go through the lab ever again after this character. I was really excited to come back to this game my friends telling me that they were releasing a new expansion. I really thought they would have fixed some of the issues with the game but no they are still there, but they added more content. I try to stay out of stuff like this because well... It only seems to cause more frustration GGG I don't know why you thought your players would like this sort of gameplay. I understand that some of them do but you had to realize that you were only appealing to maybe 50% of your audience with this content? Couldn't you have done something else maybe less tedious? This reminds me of why I didn't play diablo until they added the expansion and that was because I didn't want to farm their Whimsy isle but honestly I'd rather spend a few hours killing teddy bears and unicorns than finding keys through of series of traps to unlock a door that behind it has more traps to find a key to open a door to fight a boss and then more traps and then find a key and the door and fight the same boss rinse wash repeat ect. ect.. ect... until mad and perhaps a little salty.
Last edited by shoc on Mar 16, 2016, 9:35:22 PM
"
shoc wrote:
"
Chadwixx wrote:

Yeah until you are thinking about how much fun it's going to be to make another character now that you're high enough level to start feeding gear to other charters, but wait you have to do it all over again. No thanks I will never go through the lab ever again after this character. I was really excited to come back to this game my friends telling me that they were releasing a new expansion. I really thought they would have fixed some of the issues with the game but no they are still there, but they added more content. I try to stay out of stuff like this because well... It only seems to cause more frustration GGG I don't know why you thought your players would like this sort of gameplay. I understand that some of them do but you had to realize that you were only appealing to maybe 50% of your audience with this content? Couldn't you have done something else maybe less tedious? This reminds me of why I didn't play diablo until they added the expansion and that was because I didn't want to farm their Whimsy isle but honestly I'd rather spend a few hours killing teddy bears and unicorns than finding keys through of series of traps to unlock a door that behind it has more traps to find a key to open a door to fight a boss and then more traps and then find a key and the door and fight the same boss rinse wash repeat ect. ect.. ect... until mad and perhaps a little salty.

Grim dawn is really good. I was playing til i got to farm zones, they require a skel key. You cant tp or die, if you die you lose your skel key. Its like the lab only the lab requires a key. Still give it 9-10, lab has tainted me for life apparently :)
Last edited by Chadwixx on Mar 16, 2016, 10:14:45 PM
Well I have to run lab again to reset my ascendancy class..... I have been holding it off for days because IMO it's quite possibly the worst thing I've ever experienced in PoE. It feels like super annoying mapping and the typical grind aspect to create as much content out of the $$ that went into its development costs as possible.
"
Chadwixx wrote:

you needed 140+ deaths to kill Merc Malahai

i do not know if you know it - but it tells and explains A LOT

And I didn't need 140+ deaths to kill Merc Malachai. I needed one, but probably fact that Malachai teleported from offscreen, ignoring my 3 totems, and oneshooted me from 5.3K HP through 18 lvl Enfeeble, it's quite normal and means that my build sucks. So let it sucks, at least its fun to play.

Funny fact, I killed Merc Malachai first time in like 1 hour after it was released, before all nerfs and bugfixes and never looked back on him, though I leveled quite few characters since then. And it seems, that taking such approach to Lab makes this game much more enjoyable.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info