BREXIT!

"
raics wrote:
The worst stereotype you can stick on Americans is being naive and uninformed, it's hard to hate someone just for that. I suppose it's the lack of natural enemies, the society tends to stagnate if nobody opposes it, over the years we saw attempts to create some with varying success.

However, American foreign politics is another story, many would have a lot to say on that subject. Kinda similar to this whole Muslim situation, they're decent people but their policies suck and not enough of them have the will to say no.

So, the bottomline being that the best kind of American you will meet is one that never heard of Saddam or North Korea and the best Muslim you will meet is the one that takes his holy book as a general guideline on how not to be an asshole. In both cases the ability to do the right thing is measured on lawful/chaotic scale, not good/bad. That's something popular media sometimes gets right, see Tactics Ogre game or Night Watch book series.

I watched the Zero days doc last night. All about StuxNet and how the US and Israel deployed that virus in Iran to KO their nuclear reactors and it worked. That's scary af. Knocking out peoples water or food supply, turning a whole country dark for x amount of days, that's scary and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

For anyone interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VgIayOpjEc
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
Last edited by TheWretch on Jul 9, 2016, 5:18:05 PM
"
raics wrote:
So, the bottomline being that the best kind of American you will meet is one that never heard of Saddam or North Korea and the best Muslim you will meet is the one that takes his holy book as a general guideline on how not to be an asshole. In both cases the ability to do the right thing is measured on lawful/chaotic scale, not good/bad. That's something popular media sometimes gets right, see Tactics Ogre game or Night Watch book series.

Real world is the best D&D campaign ever.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
off-topic:

"
raics wrote:

So, the bottomline being that the best kind of American you will meet is one that never heard of Saddam or North Korea

Nah, the best american you will meet is atheist, not materialistic and is probably not born in america.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
Nah, the best american you will meet is atheist, not materialistic and is probably not born in america.

True, the best kind of American is Canadian.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:

lol, more true than it probably should be
"
raics wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:

I'll take the compliment but we really aren't that special or different from Americans
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
raics wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Remind me again of what 21st Century Christians whose culture has anything remotely comparable? =0[.]o=

Hmm, if you believe in Antichrist that means you believe in Christ so Satan worshippers might count as Christians.

I sometimes wonder what would a country ran by Satanists look like. Maybe it wouldn't be all that different, there's only so much you can deviate from the norm and retain a functioning society.

Huh? I'm an agnostic. I believe that a man called the Christ (and there's historical evidence that there may have been more than one) may have lived and said some things. Not sure what that would make an "Anti-Christ" (a man who may NOT have lived, or kept his mouth shut?).

As for Satanists, they mostly seem to follow the creed "Do what you will shall be the whole of the law," with the rest being just window-dressing. Y'know, Anarchists. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Huh?

It's fine, I wasn't serious.

And I agree the reactions to 'satan worshipper' are kinda funny.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
Remind me again of what 21st Century Christians whose culture has anything remotely comparable? =0[.]o=

Hmm, if you believe in Antichrist that means you believe in Christ so Satan worshippers might count as Christians.

I sometimes wonder what would a country ran by Satanists look like. Maybe it wouldn't be all that different, there's only so much you can deviate from the norm and retain a functioning society.

Huh? I'm an agnostic. I believe that a man called the Christ (and there's historical evidence that there may have been more than one) may have lived and said some things. Not sure what that would make an "Anti-Christ" (a man who may NOT have lived, or kept his mouth shut?).

As for Satanists, they mostly seem to follow the creed "Do what you will shall be the whole of the law," with the rest being just window-dressing. Y'know, Anarchists. =^[.]^=

You can be Christian Agnostic, Hindu Agnostic, Muslim Agnostic or Atheist Agnostic. Just so you know...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info