3. Highgate
4. Belly of the beast
5. Upper sceptre of god
1. Acton's Nightmare
2. Solaris Temple
3. Atziri's Influence
4. Crypt
5. Vaal Oversoul Theme

Honorable Mentions for Kaom's Stronghold, (act 3) Piety's Theme, and Hall of Grandmasters

In general, I think this game has done an absolutely excellent job of setting the scene through the music. Especially going back and listening to each track individually, the pacing of the music with the story is simply top notch.

Negative feedback: King Kaom's fight sounds too much like an arcade-esque bossfight. TMNT style.

On a side note, I think "The Coves" should be repurposed as Act 5's Town music. ;)
#1 Acton's Nightmare, because it is DRIPPING with atmosphere
#2 Piety's Theme, because it lends an epic feeling to the encounter
#3 Vaal Oversoul, because of the almost industrial/mechanical riffs mixed in with the generally intense sounds
#4 Main Menu Theme, because same as #1 but to a lesser extent
#5 Sarn Encampment, primarily because of the first 30 seconds or so

Might not be in the perfect order and there are others that are REALLY close to top 5.
Get laid, get paid, drink Gatorade.
Favourites:

1. Izaro's Theme
2. Grand Arena
3. Belly of the Beast
4. Kaom's Stronghold
5. Aquaduct

The only piece I recall disliking is that monotonous hum that plays in Battleground and Chamber of Sins.
Five best:
The Grand Arena
The Crypt (Old)
Main Menu
Solaris
Izaro Exterior

Runners Up:
Daresso's Dream
The Dried Lake

Not a fan of:
Slums
Sarn Slums
The Sewers

PS Is there a way to get access to digital downloads of the latest songs (eg Pale Council)?
1. Acton's Nightmare (might not be that the soundtrack is amazing in itself, but the entire feel it gives)
2. Outdoors labyrinth
3. Lioneye's Watch
4. Dominus theme
5. Highgate

Overall, the music gives an amazing atmosphere to the entire game. Really well done.
Current IGN: Trying_Yet_Again, IKillMyChars
My favourites, in no particular order:

Highgate
Crypt
Any and all of the Labyrinth music
Lioneye's Watch
Mines

I was generally very impressed with all the music in Act 4, you can consider all of that just outside this top five. Labyrinth also notable mention.

Only things I don't especially like are the track that plays when there's a timer in Master Missions (also Hall of Grandmaster music, if I recall correctly) - not that I think its bad, but some bits of it are just not to my taste.

Also, the Brutus fight music is great, but I don't think it works when used as a map background (Dungeon, Torture Chamber).
Favourites:
1. Whakawairua Tuahu
2. The Library
3. The Coves
4. Dread Thicket
5. The Warehouse District
"Tangata ako ana i te whare, te turanga ki te marae, tau ana"
I know these are not 5 tracks, but they are really stuck in my mind when I think about PoE Soundtrack:

1. Lioneye's Watch
2. Forrest Encampment
3. Highgate

I need to say, my favourite is really Lioneye's Watch by far in front of the other ones.
Huge fan of your work.

Best:
1.malachai fight,orchestrated very nicely
2.Acton's nightmare,like the music box idea and sound
3.lab as a whole(interiors exteriors and izaro
4.Highgate,though it drags at moments is one of my favs
5.vaal oversoul fight,I like the mixture of electronic music and that eerie feeling

Though I like more those are my favourites

Great runner up music is a music that is not in the game and that suddens me a lot,the atziri trailer music.oh and of course pale council.and catacombs.

Bad:
The wardens quarter,its outright stolen from mortal kombat,which admittedly as a whole gaming music,is maybe one of the worst soundtracks.
Though I can understand the appeal,I us usually turn lower my sound if all,when reaching this part of prison

Bye bye desync!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info