Survey - Music

Man, is Overseer's Tower theme good.

Twilight Strand has always been amazing. Every time I go away from PoE for a break and come back fresh, I'm awed at just how awesome it is.

Overseer's Tower is really growing on me, though!
My five favorite tracks:

1. Legacy <--- put this song into game please.
2. Abyss
3. Act 6 town
4. Templar Courts
5. Chaos and Order mystery box
Permanent Hardcore only.
Uh... I forgot to add one song.. it's the song used in the arcane wings mtx video that you guys released a month ago. Put that song in game too. Please?
Permanent Hardcore only.
My favorite list:
1. Lab interior
2. Lab exterior
3. Innocence fight
4. Elder fight
5. Izaro fight (especially ending)

And much more, for the ambient music i especially like mines theme and aquaduct.

Which i dont like is Brutus music, its too loud and noisy. It's ok for the short locations, but when It's used in the maps it became too annoying.
I'm actually cant remember if it still used for the maps.
Last edited by Nikuksis on Mar 12, 2018, 7:07:54 AM
1. Solaris Temple
2. Church Dungeon
3. Overseer's Tower
4. The Chamber of Innocence
5. Four Guardians

Honorable Mentions:

Path of Exile (main theme), Lioneyes Watch, Dominus - High Templar Theme, Hall of Grandmasters, The Dried Lake, Lunaris/Solaris Mystery box trailer
Best:
1. Merveil
2. Awakening - Trailer
3. Four Gaurdians
4. Kaom's Dream
5. Belly of the Beast
6. Lioneye's Watch A6
7. Solaris Temple
8. too many

Worst:
1. Vaal Oversoul
2. Highgate
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Hello!

I won't be reading previous comments, but I will input my own thoughts.

Path of Exile lacks what predecessor games like Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 include. D2 basically featured ONE particular song that soothed and calmed players throughout their demonic journey -- and that's the Rogue Encampment theme. Seriously, go listen through the D2 soundtrack and you won't remember most of the music. It all sounds very similar at best because it's more of environmental sounds with a continuous chord. I'm not a music major and I don't understand music theory -- I'm generically describing what I hear -- and I may simply be WRONG in my description. But it doesn't change that this is how *most* people view the music.

Path of Exile doesn't have a single memorable song. I'm not joking. You don't need to change the entirety of the PoE soundtrack, you just need to add ONE memorable song, which can be used simply for hideouts in the end game. It would also help if this song appeared in the initial stages of the game -- or to make it more difficult, you would produce an equivalent song that soothed, calmed, and made players feel almost euphoric.

Technically, Diablo had a world full of dark and demonic creatures, blood, background -- which gave the satanic overtones a much higher value. I'm not saying PoE needs to become dark and satanic, but I'm saying you need music that fits the environment while also pleasing the player....at least one song.

You may need an orchestra using specific instruments to create fantasy music. These instruments represent RPG culture and fantasy worlds:
https://youtu.be/P3ZrN-m7VJA?t=1h1m22s

You don't remember that song, right? I surely don't. But it reminds me of LoTR and Lineage 1 music. Because of the instruments used and tune. That could be used as standby music... but you want something that fits the environment of PoE.

PoE for some reason concentrates on Oceanic culture (yeah, I'm aware you're a bunch of Kiwis who made the game), but you want music that includes everyone. Stray away from trying to symbolically include NZ and AU, and create tunes which everyone finds appealing.
Last edited by keshanberk on May 14, 2018, 11:20:50 PM
Greetings to all fellow exiles.

Well, I'm quite a lurker here, but it's about time to participate in this thread!

I am a big fan of movie/game soundtracks in general, and the PoE music is just fantastic. I always use soundtracks as background support for magic the gathering drafts or shadowrun pen & paper with friends, it just adds a lot of awesomeness =)

Best (no ranking)

1) Old Intro Theme. The new theme is great of course, but I miss the old theme a lot :'(

2) Mines Act 4
When Act 4 was released, I instantly LOVED this track (the early version too!)
So creepy. Intro, slowly building up, the drums and stuff, the long scream..
Perfect track for the mines with old-school-Diablo 1 feeling, and I love the mines area.

I hope The Tunnel (Act 9) will get it's own track too, but still similar.
For example, although I never played this game, Anno 1404 has 4 tracks in different variations, just brilliant:
-Crowned King
-Crowned King VAR
-The Outpost
-The Outpost VAR

3) Kitava Act 10
Hell Yeaaaahh!!

4) Abyss (Dephts/Lich)
Instant love again, so creepy. I like the slower version a bit more though hehe

5) Prison Act 6
Guess what, more creepy stuff yeah

It is really hard to pick only 5, so I focused on my "creepy-fetish".

"Worst"
Well, Prison Act 1 is a great and creepy soundtrack and when you play PoE for the first time you crap your pants in this area, especially with Brutus as boss. But when running some Dungeon maps in a row it can get a bit annoying :P

Thank you Kamil for your great work!
I was wondering, is there a way to only purchase the soundtrack? Kamil Supporter Pack?

Besides, lurkung around this forum is quite fun and really hilarious sometimes. I_NO seems to toss around a lot of walruses, especially at Bex :P

Best:
1. Lioneye's watch for ever
2. labyrinth
3. Grand Arena

🌞 Designer of SimpleFilter see My Item Filters 🌞

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info