I died to normal labyrinth at lvl 66

"
Traps are one of the few, if not the only, part of this game that is an actual test of skill and not just a stat check. Traps are kind of the great equalizer, you live and die by your own navigation, timing, and reaction speed.

So unless it was due to a latency spike or pathing being a ditz, which are entirely possible in this stellar monument to programming, I'm gonna have to put the blame on you.

What a bunch of bullshit watch the lapracer videos on youtube with 500%runspeed running past everything
yeah pure skill...we play the same game?
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Jun 20, 2016, 5:48:29 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:
A lot of regen and life, Aim? That's what trivializes the DoT traps.

Yeah good call.. like 6000 and 700 lps
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 20, 2016, 5:52:51 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Not sure but I am literally able to leisurely walk through all traps with my jug and he doesnt even wear coil I will use for vid.

"
ventiman wrote:
What a bunch of bullshit watch the lapracer videos on youtube with 500%runspeed running past everything

Great, nice to know that there is, in fact, literally zero skill required to play this game. Lab actually gave me a shred of hope, but nope, pure stats all the way.

God why the fuck do I even play this farce...
This is a buff™
Lab traps do percentage damage based on your life/es so being high level only protects you vs mobs not the traps. It is extremely important to have your flasks properly rolled and ready before you go to lab. When it comes to traps: never rush it unless you are 100% sure what you are doing. There are usually safe spots you can sit to regen and timing traps is vital if you don't have the movement skills/speed to run in one go. DO NOT undervalue flask nodes on the spec tree. They help a lot. If you wanna play Energy Shield based in Hardcore play life/hybrid intil you have good enough ES gear to respec. Life regen is too handy for early labs plus instant heal flasks gives you an option ES character don't have access to most of the time.

There are very very few builds that can walk on traps over an extended period and sustain through it even with optimal gear.
Last edited by arknath on Jun 20, 2016, 6:23:49 PM
Traps are both percentage and flat damage, with the exception of the floor spike trap which is only a percentage.

Just run into a sawblade trap with 50 life and 70 life regen and you'll die instantly.
Last edited by Jaille on Jun 20, 2016, 9:12:17 PM
Sounds like the game is functioning as intended. As others have mentioned, the traps do percent health damage, instead of flat damage. So, merely having a high level character will not allow you to stand in the traps and survive.

That being said, I'd recommend bringing instant flasks to the lab. They'll save you when you're caught in a bad situation with traps :)

You should be able to get familiar with the trap systems after 5-10 lab runs, maybe less. Don't be too hard on yourself, though! The game is supposed to be unforgiving in a lot of places :)

You'll get better if you persist and learn the game.
"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Not sure but I am literally able to leisurely walk through all traps with my jug and he doesnt even wear coil I will use for vid.

"
ventiman wrote:

Great, nice to know that there is, in fact, literally zero skill required to play this game. Lab actually gave me a shred of hope, but nope, pure stats all the way.

God why the fuck do I even play this farce...

There is skill here. Like about half of mathils so called uber builds I cant do with shit ping and poor reaction time. thats why I have to find the math and gear solution to beat em . My only point is there is a gearing solution to all obstacles in this game with very few exceptions and lab isnt one.

If you want 100% skill and no gear check Starcraft 2 is it.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 20, 2016, 10:06:57 PM
"
Justice is served.

I would rather noodles be served.
"
wehrberg wrote:
I've done normal lab on every character after beating normal Malachai (around lvl 38-40), and I don't think I've ever died in normal lab.

I'm far more likely to die to Malachai in normal rather than the lab. I usually do the normal lab immediately when I get the 6th trial. I want the 2 ascendencies before doing act 4.

I do cruel and merc based on when I'm comfortable fighting Izaro. I consider the rest of the lab irrelevant and of no concern.
But I don't understand, when you do the normal lab : you gain 2 ascendancy points.
But how do we "get" those points?
Because when I was in the labyrinth, I only found areas with chests and traps..

is it the right way or there's others paths I should have take to get to the end?
It's not really clear for me. Can someone explain?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info