I died to normal labyrinth at lvl 66

"
I'm disgusted.... In Prophecy HC I tried for the first time the labyrinth at lvl 66 in NORMAL difficulty...

I thought I would be really eassy as I'm high lvl... I died to traps like a noob.

Am I bad? WTF is this trap damage? should I stop the game? all these hours of xp to die on a trap?

Some of the longer trap sequences can be daunting and if you panic it is easy to die accidentally.

Spend a few moments watching the trap patterns. Looks for the safe spaces where you can run to.

Use a quicksilver flask. Speed can save you.

Use a movement skill or two. Leap slam, blink arrow, whirling blades, flame dash and lightning warp can help you completely bypass some traps. Smoke mine can save your ass if you get completely fouled up in the middle of a trap.

Stone golems and rejuvenation totems give regen that will add survivability.

Some traps really suck, and will be hard to survive until you learn the patterns, then they get easier. Some of the ones in the lave pits are a big pain. Also the open areas with the poison arrows and pressure plates are unpleasant.

Good luck and keep trying.
Last edited by FarmerTed on Jun 20, 2016, 4:39:03 PM
"
Pyrokar wrote:
I said sarcastic because traps don't care much if you are tanky or not since they deal %dmg, so it doesn't make much sense to link his build or gear. In your second response you seem to be talking about Izzaro rather than traps.

Hmm... good point, the OP did specify traps and with my archer I use Blink Arrow to teleport past the traps. I guess the OP needs a weapon and shield on the 2nd set of hand slots and put a 3 link with Lightning Warp + Less Duration + fast Casting to jump over the traps (or any other teleport type of movement like leap slam).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
66? I do normal lab at 70-72 in SC, sometimes 75 even. Actually I just chain them all at that point but you catch my drift? No point in doing them until you have your end game full kit. First of all less time spent in there the better. Second end game gear has enough armor to take hits. Third, enchants. I'm not enchanting anything I'm not wearing to end game.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 20, 2016, 4:54:25 PM
Traps are one of the few, if not the only, part of this game that is an actual test of skill and not just a stat check. Traps are kind of the great equalizer, you live and die by your own navigation, timing, and reaction speed.

So unless it was due to a latency spike or pathing being a ditz, which are entirely possible in this stellar monument to programming, I'm gonna have to put the blame on you.
This is a buff™
Not really. You can walk on top of and with saw blades with 25K armor and lightning coil on. Pure stat check

I make a video when i get home. in uberville to debunk this skill myth lab supporters like to propagate
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 20, 2016, 5:08:02 PM
Ahhh, my signature comes in handy here.
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Not really. You can walk on top of and with saw blades with 25K armor and lightning coil on. Pure stat check

I make a video when i get home. in uberville to debunk this skill myth lab supporters like to propagate
Except neither armour nor lightning coil mitigate damage over time. Which is what the saws do, right? I think the spike traps might count as hits so maybe armour and lightning coil mitigate that.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
I've done normal lab on every character after beating normal Malachai (around lvl 38-40), and I don't think I've ever died in normal lab.
Last edited by wehrberg on Jun 20, 2016, 5:28:51 PM
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Except neither armour nor lightning coil mitigate damage over time. Which is what the saws do, right? I think the spike traps might count as hits so maybe armour and lightning coil mitigate that.

Not sure but I am literally able to leisurely walk through all traps with my jug and he doesnt even wear coil I will use for vid.
Git R Dun!
A lot of regen and life, Aim? That's what trivializes the DoT traps.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info