I died to normal labyrinth at lvl 66

I'm disgusted.... In Prophecy HC I tried for the first time the labyrinth at lvl 66 in NORMAL difficulty...

I thought I would be really eassy as I'm high lvl... I died to traps like a noob.

Am I bad? WTF is this trap damage? should I stop the game? all these hours of xp to die on a trap?
Last bumped on Aug 9, 2016, 2:43:27 AM
"
I'm disgusted.... In Prophecy HC I tried for the first time the labyrinth at lvl 66 in NORMAL difficulty...

I thought I would be really eassy as I'm high lvl... I died to traps like a noob.

Am I bad? WTF is this trap damage? should I stop the game? all these hours of xp to die on a trap?

Your fault, but hey... you can try again.
Its kinda PoE fault for changing the rules when it comes to damage from the traps, and the labyrinth itself is counter intuitive to what the rest of the game is.

Cheer up.
"

The traps can be very dangerous since the damage isn't a flat number but rather percentage based.
Even at a high level you still need to exercise caution.

Just take a second and watch how the trap works:
  • Maybe you could use a movement skill to pass over a sawblade before it comes back.
  • Or just run past while the floor spikes are resetting.
  • Or duck through a doorway while the whirling spike-post moves along the rest of its assigned path.

Take a moment to see where the traps aren't.
  • Maybe a sawblade runs through the centre of a corridor but there are raised sections on the sides you can go up on while the sawblade is going by.
  • Is that a safe zone where those poison dart traps aren't shooting?
  • Is there one section of those floor spikes which isn't timed like the rest but only triggers a couple of seconds after you've stepped on it.

"
I tried for the first time the labyrinth

This was your first time?
Dang. Shame about the death, but it's good that you're learning.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Jun 20, 2016, 9:16:52 AM
Justice is served.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Justice is served.

why so many haste? ...

Yes I'm learning thanks !
I've found that phys mitigation flasks don't work well enough in the lab, life flasks are better. Get some instant/half-instant ones and you're ready to run through the traps like a madman. Switch to phys flasks and fill them right before the boss fight.
Last edited by XibalbaL on Jun 20, 2016, 9:32:50 AM
They make you go through the trials before doing the labyrinth so that you learn what the traps do and how to get past them. Sorry you died but practice is how you learn to get past the traps. Maybe try some in softcore until you get the hang of it.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
No way should a Normal Lab trap be killing a level 66 build.

The best way to get help is to claim total ignorance and provide links to your build (gear and passive tree) so that we can advise and help. Everyone was new at this at some point in the past. No shame in asking for advice from knowledgeable veterans.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
No way should a Normal Lab trap be killing a level 66 build.

The best way to get help is to claim total ignorance and provide links to your build (gear and passive tree) so that we can advise and help. Everyone was new at this at some point in the past. No shame in asking for advice from knowledgeable veterans.

This is sarcastic right? If not, what are you gonna tell him about his gear? To go pvp to lvlup Leo so that he can craft reduced dmg over time on his shield if he is using one?
And about the build what? Take all the endurance charges and life regen you can see, leave a mob alive before a trap gauntlet, get full endurance charges and just run praying you don't die before charges run out and ignore all other builds?

Might work.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
I'm no expert on lab by any means, but i've found if you have flame dash and lightning warp you basically steam roll the whole of lab and barely get hit, from my experience anyway, movement skills are key as in some areas the traps are very close together.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info