Labyrinth is not a Labyrinth

Did you guys notice this too?
Its a castle/estate with hallways, annexes, pathways, gardens etc.

It is more like a mansion with a fetish for traps.

To make it a real labyrinth they need to remove the "current location" thingie.. and make much more exits and entrances to confuse us.

Either that, or rename the labyrinth into Poorly Planned Estate.

I think this is a brilliant idea.

We could improve it by forcing the players to enter it to reach act 4. You reach sarn, when you kill dominus a NPC spawns in the town that shows you the Lab Plaque. You go in, and when you beat it, the portal takes you to oyun.

Therefore you ascend and only then you go to fight the beast. Reasonable.

Gosh, i make so much more sense than GGG.. they should give me some orbs...exalted... orbs.

for extra credit... this new lab would cap your XP along with gating the ascendancy points. So you have to go in at appropriate levels and avoid the clown fiesta that occurs when you do 3 labs in 10 mins with a level 70+ char.

Last edited by _Emperor_ on Jun 18, 2016, 2:27:21 PM
Last bumped on Jun 22, 2016, 3:43:46 PM
Things people like in an ARPG

- deep gameplay
- fast paced action
- rewarding loot
- general sense of progression
- insert other good stuff here

Things people like about labyrinths in general

- Send your enemies in one so you can drive them crazy
- Easy excuse if you want to suicide
- WoW's mage can backpedal without being called out
- You might die, but it's okay because you're in a labyrinth
"
Sygnano wrote:
Things people like in an ARPG

- deep gameplay
- fast paced action
- rewarding loot
- general sense of progression
- insert other good stuff here

Things people like about labyrinths in general

- Send your enemies in one so you can drive them crazy
- Easy excuse if you want to suicide
- WoW's mage can backpedal without being called out
- You might die, but it's okay because you're in a labyrinth

i agree
Labyrinth comes from the word Λαβύρινθος (la-verenthos, e as it pronnounced in the word leap), which means literally a maze. Cretan in origin, took its name probably from word Λάβρυς (Labrys - double-bitted axe). A very interesting part of Cretan/Greek ancient history and a very entertaining part of greek mythology. King Minos commanded Daedalus to make the Labyrinth to hold the Minotaur (Literally meaning the Bull of Minos), then imprisoned Daedalus and his son Icarus because they were the only two people that knew how to navigate it (and there starts another myth). And every year King Minos sent forteen teenager (seven girls seven boys) that were sent to him as a blood tribute from Athens to enter the Labyrinth so that Minotaur could feed. Myth and actual history intertwines regarding the labyrinth and its purpose.

Labyrinth in PoE is -simply put- a shit.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
It's not a labyrinth without David Bowie (RIP).
"900 runs Vol - 1 brittle emperor and 0 exalted orbs. that game best for slave. best for spend time."
-1ndig0
Their game. They could call it "sponge cake" if they wanted.
"
Regulator wrote:
Labyrinth comes from the word Λαβύρινθος (la-verenthos, e as it pronnounced in the word leap), which means literally a maze. Cretan in origin, took its name probably from word Λάβρυς (Labrys - double-bitted axe). A very interesting part of Cretan/Greek ancient history and a very entertaining part of greek mythology. King Minos commanded Daedalus to make the Labyrinth to hold the Minotaur (Literally meaning the Bull of Minos), then imprisoned Daedalus and his son Icarus because they were the only two people that knew how to navigate it (and there starts another myth). And every year King Minos sent forteen teenager (seven girls seven boys) that were sent to him as a blood tribute from Athens to enter the Labyrinth so that Minotaur could feed. Myth and actual history intertwines regarding the labyrinth and its purpose.

Labyrinth in PoE is -simply put- a shit.

+1 for classification
+1 for the myth

As for GGG...
-1 for Poorly Designed Estate
-1 for continuing to force it down our throat with uber lab

All in all, its sad that they think Traps and Mazes is what drives most people towards ARPG.
Even ideologically its lame logic.

GGG : "How can we explain and implement players ASCENDING to demigods in an ARPG???"
Random intern : " How about we force them to slaughter thousands of monsters in a king of the hill event or something similar "
GGG : " HAHAHA DUMBO, that is not what ARPGs are about"
Random intern : *cries*
GGG : Shush shush there... i know.... TRAPS.. TRAPS AND LEVERS... in a mansion with gardens and hallways...We will call it a Labyrinth!!
Random intern : But...sob sob... but... why set it in a mansion and then call it a labyrinth?
GGG : YOU ARE FIRED! I cant stand your lack of logic and general sense of progression.
Random intern : Please dont shoot me.

The dialogue above was done for comic relief and anecdotal illustration. No real events or people were represented. Please dont butcher my post Forum Moderator Himmlers-- Mucho graciando

Ahem... where am i? what happened
Sponge Cake, by Grinding Confectionery Games
The labyrinth is a forced "optional" gamemode in path of exalts that allows lifebuilds and tank/melee builds to excel while 90% of ranged builds struggle finishing izaro without fed gear and overleveling.

thus it must be finished with every new character in every new league every time for maximum potency of said character that wants to accomplish it.

so per se - it is a labyrinth but a really shitty one 2/3rd of it could be scrapped and put behind RNG running through 2 aspirants trialsjust to get to the last one gets really annoying real fast.

having to do every trial with every new char is the same.

"here is this new "optional" asscandy spec which basically gives you superpowers with every character free links and 100-300% more dmg given specs but you must run through our trapridden annoying content"

but wait there is more " you also have to run it 10-1000times to get a certain enchantment for your build or do it anyway everytime and sell buy headenchantments to other players so you can get even stronger"

yes , this is the state of the game and i didn´t even mention uber.

inb4 "haha i am le melee ic maxlife block movespeed char with stibnite flask and blablablbala" dont care
anyone can do lab if they want to , the fact is lab is garbage , always been garbage and doesn´t belong into this game.

remove the walking around for no reason.
you don´t walk around in maps for no reason you know them after a while
lab changing all the time is just stupid and aggravetaing.
"
Kechop wrote:
The labyrinth is a forced "optional" gamemode in path of exalts that allows lifebuilds and tank/melee builds to excel while 90% of ranged builds struggle finishing izaro without fed gear and overleveling.

thus it must be finished with every new character in every new league every time for maximum potency of said character that wants to accomplish it.

so per se - it is a labyrinth but a really shitty one 2/3rd of it could be scrapped and put behind RNG running through 2 aspirants trialsjust to get to the last one gets really annoying real fast.

having to do every trial with every new char is the same.

"here is this new "optional" asscandy spec which basically gives you superpowers with every character free links and 100-300% more dmg given specs but you must run through our trapridden annoying content"

but wait there is more " you also have to run it 10-1000times to get a certain enchantment for your build or do it anyway everytime and sell buy headenchantments to other players so you can get even stronger"

yes , this is the state of the game and i didn´t even mention uber.

inb4 "haha i am le melee ic maxlife block movespeed char with stibnite flask and blablablbala" dont care

anyone can do lab if they want to , the fact is lab is garbage , always been garbage and doesn´t belong into this game.

remove the walking around for no reason.
you don´t walk around in maps for no reason you know them after a while
lab changing all the time is just stupid and aggravetaing.

+1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info