☆ [2.3] SarangNoPants | LA Inquisitor | 80K+ LA | Uber Down | 40/40 PSC Done ☆

Hello!

After getting an advice from Enki, on his own Arc guide thread, I decided to start building this character about ~5days ago.
I'd like to thank you for this guide, Sarang, aswell as Enki for getting me into it.

I am having MASSIVE fun so far and for some reason, it feels such an overpowered character! Granted, I play this game for no more than 2 months, so Arc Witch and LA Inquisitor are the only two characters I've ever played.

I was lucky enough to drop a Reach on my very first Pale Council run using my Arc Witch, just a day after I started leveling this character! Made it 6-link with ~250 average fusings, could not believe it!

I do have one question tho. Currently lvl82 @ 5.6k life, 45k unbuffed (just my auras) DPS, still missing a few important passives + Uber Lab but its pretty okay so far.

My question is, apart from building life (using the Traditional talent tree on this guide), what else would you guys suggest for better survivability ? Quite a few times, even at 5.6k life, I find myself feeling uncomfortable getting more than 2 random hits. I have even died once or two times by one-shot while mapping on an additional crit chance affix map.

For science, here is my gear so far! I'm really happy how it turns out. Comments and suggestions always welcome!

Spoiler
@Checkmeit: Glad you are enjoying the build man. For survivability concerns, one option if you do not feel completely safe in terms of monster interaction is possibly the addition of Phase Acro in the tree (I think basic defense like Acro + Arrow Dancing are okay, Phase and the additional Attack Dodge passives prior are nice). Can I take a look at your Tree too? One-shot saver is also the Lament ring. Your gear is very nice so I can imagine Reflect to be more risky.

And big thanks to Enki for refining his interpretation of the build. I apologize for not updating as much, just a tad burnt out lately, but I'll clean the first post up a bit this weekend.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Had a chance to update just now.

Cleaned up the first page a bit + put current gear and Gems. Did level 2 sets of Gems for the build, got lucky and hit some nice Corruptions so damage is (still) fairly good.

Added some other things to Page 2, including an Atziri Guide and Enki's Evasion interpretation of the build.
Update looks good, and thanks alot for including my evasion tree!

As promised, i gave Nuros a quick test out of curiosity. Best gem setup turned out to be LA - WED - Pierce - GMP - Added Lightning - Added Cold, or Inc Crit Strikes if you dont wanna rely on charges.
Also switched Hatred with HoI + HoT, regular version of this build can probably run AA or something on top.

Unbuffed DPS was at 24k, 52k with charges, Vaal Haste and Instruments of Virtue buffs. A little bit below my expectations, but have to add that except ALD and ACD all other gems came from vendor, so there's a bit more room with 20/20 gems.

Will probably give that a go in next HC temp league, assuming Reach won't be available.
twitch.tv/enki91
@Sarang, Indeed update looks good! And thanks for your reply!

I'm now level91, changed few stuff around and I've been trying Enki's build with a few changes. I'd say its a mix between your setup and Enki's. I just love this character so much, really enjoyable, apart from just this one thing, which I'll explain down below..

.. Alright, the last 2 days have been a nightmare. Its funny because I've been grinding up to T14's and quite a few 10's and 11's, yet for two days I'm sitting @ lvl91 and 30% ~ 55% exp, I could never go higher than that..

After a certain DPS point, there is NOWAY to deal with Reflect at all or I'm doing something really wrong.. My last 2 days of grinding are like this.. lvl91 55% -> Reflect mob -> 45% -> Reflect mob (same map) -> 35% -> another 4+ hours of grinding to 50% -> Reflect mob -> 40% -> 4 T10's after, which got me around 47%, reflect mob again -> back to 37%...............

While I'm enjoying this build so much, I might be done for this league.. Its just annoying that even if one single arrow hits a Reflect rare out of screen, I just blow up. WITH Lament's Ring and 6k Life.

Hiya, and thanks for your kind reply on the "other koams heart Lightning arrow/frostwall build" thread. I looked at the tree on your ranger alternative, and it's pretty much what i wanted. Coupla questions though. Does the herald of ice curse setup work well enuff to keep frensy charges up most of the time? I'm guessing the HOI is the reason for the Ice aura buff.
It depends on shattering, so i was kinda worried about bossess and where nothing would shatter so you wouldnt get the charges? Also, is the tree viable with something else besides the koam's heart? I play pretty casually, so It'd be a while before I have enuff for it. Do i want an evasion piece to fill in the gap, or another armor? Also, since i DO have the sockets (i have a coupla 5 Links in my stash-who doesnt in this league :P) what would be a nice set up for the chestpiece?

Oh, you said your transferring the gear over to your archer(and that it is pretty high level) were there any changes to the gem links or gear?
@Checkmeit: Gah, sorry man. I personally did what I could to make the DPS mid-tier and even got the advice to go dual curse for more protection, that could be the case of what is happening here. Would say to use a test setup with Windscream or Doedre Ring (cheap +1 Curse) items and see how the QOL changes with Assassin's + Poacher's working for you. The upside is massive flask uptime, main difference I noticed is that the non-Legacy Vinktar I was using was filling up very quickly, I even picked up this:

Just to test with, as I found it interesting.

"
Tenembre wrote:
Hiya, and thanks for your kind reply on the "other koams heart Lightning arrow/frostwall build" thread. I looked at the tree on your ranger alternative, and it's pretty much what i wanted. Coupla questions though. Does the herald of ice curse setup work well enuff to keep frensy charges up most of the time? I'm guessing the HOI is the reason for the Ice aura buff.
It depends on shattering, so i was kinda worried about bossess and where nothing would shatter so you wouldnt get the charges? Also, is the tree viable with something else besides the koam's heart? I play pretty casually, so It'd be a while before I have enuff for it. Do i want an evasion piece to fill in the gap, or another armor? Also, since i DO have the sockets (i have a coupla 5 Links in my stash-who doesnt in this league :P) what would be a nice set up for the chestpiece?

Oh, you said your transferring the gear over to your archer(and that it is pretty high level) were there any changes to the gem links or gear?

Since the build is focused on Critical Strikes, you have a very high rate and therefore Herald of Ice will always perform its secondary effect:

"
If you shatter an enemy, they explode and deal AoE cold damage to enemies near them.

This allows for not only rapid clear of mob packs (sustaining Frenzy Charges with Blood Rage), but also very good Curse application. If you run a dense map, which is what T11+ should be rolled for in terms of Pack Size, this isn't an issue. For Bosses, it is true you won't get to Curse them the majority of the time, but then again if you watch the Lightning Arrow/Frost Wall interaction, there really is no need to, they melt very quickly.

The tree is definitely viable without Koam's Heart. The recommendation would be, since we travel through the Scion Life Rectangle anyways, is to fill out more of that section so you can balance your % Increased Maximum Life. Enki used Kintsugi in his build, but also in Prophecy, Belly of the Beast is probably still 1-3 Chaos and that works wonderfully as well, despite its low Evasion value. Since I assembled this early in the League, probably around Week 2 or so, and didn't feel like investing too heavily into better Evasion pieces, my Evasion is only ~5K or so, but combined with Acrobatics and Arrow Dancing, hasn't been an issue.

If you do have a second 5L, some that I've recommended this build to have a Tornado Shot setup, but you can also do things like:

- Frenzy linked with Curse on Hit for prolonged boss fights, something you might need for multi phase bosses like Colosseum and/or multiple bosses like Courtyard/Excavation.

- Run other Utility Gems like Vaal Haste, Vaal Grace, Ice Golem (I dropped mine when I went to Dual Curse). Flesh Offering is great for T11 Maps, Decoy Totem is great if you want some extra safety, and so forth.

When I transferred this gear to the Raider, it was with the intent to do the rest of my Atziri runs with it, so actually I dropped PTL Gem (no need since its not an Inquisitor) and used Crit Multi Gem instead so I could have balanced damages. If I had found another Diamond Ring similar to the one I posted, I would have dropped Lament and gone with Added Fire over WED.
@Checkmeit: Could you please make your character tab public? I got a few suspicions what may cause your problems.
twitch.tv/enki91
Just wanted to chime in with an update and say this build single-handedly got me to 40/40 challenges with ease and a bit of luck. I had an awesome time playing it and trying out different setups to see what worked best. I downed every single piece of content apart from double core (which isn't really the builds fault, its more you need specific characters built for that). But Uber Atziri just felt like normal atziri with this build.

Anyway thank you so much to Saranghaeyo_ for the original build and Enki for his evasion take on it. And now RIP reach next patch but everyone knew it was coming :P.
@Sarang, I've once again changed things abit. I went full out on resists, sitting @ ~175% on all of them, while before I was around 140% or so.
There is this thing I suspect.. Due to clearing every map mod (except from Ele Reflect) easily, I wasnt really paying much attention to the mods on my maps. There is a chance, whenever it happend to get Ele Reflect rares, it would be in maps with -resist mods, maybe even stacked so I'd be heavily undercapped and just instantly blow myself up with one shot.

I'm hoping to come across a single Ele reflect rare now and actually DPS it on purpose, see what happens.

@Enki, Yeah, sorry I did not know how to change it but it should be done now. Let me know!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info