☆ [2.3] SarangNoPants | LA Inquisitor | 80K+ LA | Uber Down | 40/40 PSC Done ☆

Would love some videos of you doing some difficult red maps and a gorge run, build looks quite solid defensive and offensive wise.
Any update on the build?

I noticed no Vaal Pact in the tree, you can survive reflect without it?
Alright, after my sudden urge to level a Frost Blades char i finally gave this one a try, and must say it's really sick!

Leveling went smooth thanks to all the good unique low level bows available in Prophecy, but as you mentioned the build really takes off once you equip Reach of the Council. I've went from 70-80 pretty effortlessly while chaining Atziri sets and then went into maps, currently 85 and still going strong.

Since i wasn't very lucky this league yet and don't wanna invest into a Kaom's, i changed the tree a little bit for more evasion and went with a Kintsugi, and overall the usual dodge/evasion gear setup.
Thought it would also be interesting to see how viable it is, for everyone who can't afford a Kaom's.
Survivability is really good, only deaths i have are from recklessly rushing to Merciless, haven't died yet with the actual build. I guess we can say it's HC-viable, if you go with a little more caution at lower levels.

Here's my current tree and gear at Lv85:
Gear

Got a few options to go from here. Don't need VP yet, but i've kept it in close proximity if i happen to need it with a 6L. Piercing Shots is also an option, how important is it actually to take? So far i don't really feel like i miss out on anything by not having it.
If none of the above, i'll go to Fury Bolts and more life next, then Druidic Rite or another jewel socket. Gearwise a 6L Reach will be the next investment, and after that maybe new gloves and ring.

All in all this build is really fun to play, gonna try to push this into the higher 90s and report back here.
twitch.tv/enki91
Eh, piercing shots is very, very important. 100% pierce makes a huge difference in clear speed as well as the frost wall trick.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
would also like to see some gameplay if you are able to record gameplay
Finally made some updates, so I apologize for the delays. Been playing EQ lately to do Lab... *holds back vomit*

Tree has been updated. I cut back on damage since I felt what I was doing was plenty, and went for Life Nodes in Ranger instead. Sitting at just under 6K Life now with ~80K DPS. I also managed to get a +1 Extractor Mentis, so now am sitting on dual curse with Assassin's + Poacher's. With an investment into Vinktar (lower DPS than Atziri Flask, but grants a good amount of Leech) and shuffling Flasks, gameplay has been very smooth overall. Gems are also 20/20 as well.

Next step is to run Uber Lab with my EQ Character using Twice Enchanted's to get some decent enchants on gear. Taking a break with this character for now.

Added 4 Tree Variants that this build can be used. Basically the tree is incredibly flexible and you can choose to go Templar heavy (Lioneye's Fall potential, or just Life + WED), or more of a traditional style as I find my tree.

Also added more questions to FAQ. I would like to record, but I play on a potato so atm I cannot make any videos. That said, I am hoping to get an SSD and new computer by the end of the month, so that may change.

==================================================================================

"
Enki91 wrote:
Alright, after my sudden urge to level a Frost Blades char i finally gave this one a try, and must say it's really sick!

Leveling went smooth thanks to all the good unique low level bows available in Prophecy, but as you mentioned the build really takes off once you equip Reach of the Council. I've went from 70-80 pretty effortlessly while chaining Atziri sets and then went into maps, currently 85 and still going strong.

Since i wasn't very lucky this league yet and don't wanna invest into a Kaom's, i changed the tree a little bit for more evasion and went with a Kintsugi, and overall the usual dodge/evasion gear setup.
Thought it would also be interesting to see how viable it is, for everyone who can't afford a Kaom's.
Survivability is really good, only deaths i have are from recklessly rushing to Merciless, haven't died yet with the actual build. I guess we can say it's HC-viable, if you go with a little more caution at lower levels.

Here's my current tree and gear at Lv85:
Gear

Got a few options to go from here. Don't need VP yet, but i've kept it in close proximity if i happen to need it with a 6L. Piercing Shots is also an option, how important is it actually to take? So far i don't really feel like i miss out on anything by not having it.
If none of the above, i'll go to Fury Bolts and more life next, then Druidic Rite or another jewel socket. Gearwise a 6L Reach will be the next investment, and after that maybe new gloves and ring.

All in all this build is really fun to play, gonna try to push this into the higher 90s and report back here.

Definitely looking good, and pretty nice for an Evasion version rather than Kaom's stacking (I have a bad habit of relying on that armor too much I think). I actually believe the build can be HC viable, maybe if not all damage is converted to Elemental, basically 50% Physical and 50% Elemental that takes advantage of Inevitable Judgment. I actually also considered Druidic Rite, and I still might take that. This build has some awkward moments where Flask Charges are dried up, and even I went to Primal Spirit when I updated the Tree.

I think Piercing Shots is very important for the synergy with Frost Wall, I'm actually transitioning all the current gear to a Raider, and before I got Piercing Shots, it definitely felt a lot more clunky.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Jul 3, 2016, 5:23:44 AM
Correct me if im wrong but... Why Retribution? Light arrow isnt melee and I dont think it counts as a spell
Toss a Chaos to your Leader
OH Red Maps a Plenty
oh Red Maps a Plenty
OHHH
Toss a Chaos to your Leader
"
lunaticwoda wrote:
Correct me if im wrong but... Why Retribution? Light arrow isnt melee and I dont think it counts as a spell

It does not. I actually took it because it puts me right at 192 STR, which lets me wear Kaom's. So if you path differently, you do not need this node.

Got 40/40 today, mostly playing this build. Atm it is retired for the duration of the league as I work on my Guardian and EQ characters, but is pretty solid as it stands. Its gear will probably be the first thing that I try to Enchant, though, although will be difficult to get things like +3 LA (I will settle for 40% Increased LA damage however).
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Alright, here's an update to my last post.

Lv91 now, still haven't died a single time which i guess speaks for the build. Sitting at 99k peak DPS (41k in hideout), 11.5/14k evasion and 5.3k life. Gear is pretty much maxed now, doubt i can find any reasonable upgrades in a temp league anytime soon.

Played around with a Vinktar flask, but didn't feel like i need it. A Diamond flask adds more consistency, and with Reflexes also some evasion if you go that path like i did.

What i really like is the flexibility in the passive tree. You can play around with some nodes until you find the perfect balance for your playstyle, while still keeping the general path and idea of this build.

Dropped Primal Spirit and Arrow Dancing. The latter is good for reflect if you go with evasion, but it can really hurt in surprise Devourer/Drop Bear packs.

Going to push further with this build. It has potential to reach Lv100, but let's see how long i can sustain solo mapping in a temp league.

Current gear and tree for reference:
Gear

twitch.tv/enki91

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info