☆ [2.3] SarangNoPants | LA Inquisitor | 80K+ LA | Uber Down | 40/40 PSC Done ☆

"

Next step is to run Uber Lab with my EQ Character using Twice Enchanted's to get some decent enchants on gear. Taking a break with this character for now.

I really wish I could find a character for uber lab farming that wasn't a miner or EQ...just can't stomach playing them. Oh...and doesnt' use a volls devo or some other crazy expensive item haha.
@KeenSenses: While i'm usually very lucky with 6L's, this luck has faded and i had to buy one.

You can easily do uber labs with this build, just avoid getting hit by Izaro and disable the nastier buffs if needed. Probably going to need a 5L Reach, but that should be possible to get.

If you can't manage it with this build, here's some alternatives. Don't wanna derail this guide, so i'll put them in a spoiler:

Spoiler
I've done my runs in Prophecy with a CI Xirgils BV Occultist at a fairly low budget. BV is known to be a super fast boss killer, while high ES and block keep you alive long enough.
My Arc guide in sig works too, a guildmate has also done it rather easily with Explosive Arrow, but both of these builds require manual dodging just as with this build.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
@KeenSenses: While i'm usually very lucky with 6L's, this luck has faded and i had to buy one.

You can easily do uber labs with this build, just avoid getting hit by Izaro and disable the nastier buffs if needed. Probably going to need a 5L Reach, but that should be possible to get.

If you can't manage it with this build, here's some alternatives. Don't wanna derail this guide, so i'll put them in a spoiler:

Spoiler
I've done my runs in Prophecy with a CI Xirgils BV Occultist at a fairly low budget. BV is known to be a super fast boss killer, while high ES and block keep you alive long enough.
My Arc guide in sig works too, a guildmate has also done it rather easily with Explosive Arrow, but both of these builds require manual dodging just as with this build.

Not an issue with the derailing, good to give guidance where needed ^^

And yeah, before I get an SSD I basically have to do it with EQ or else it's like 50% success rate, if Izaro spews the green stuff my FPS instantly drops to <10 and I can barely move so the risk for me is pretty high. That said, Evasion based characters can do the content, but requires some good dodging ability. I only made the EQ character because I already had a Kaom's, and the rest of the gear, including the 5L Marohi (which has now been upgraded to a 6L Coronal from Uber Lab profit) was pretty cheap to put together, largely in part to farming very well with this character.

(Congrats on 40 btw!)
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Thanks, grats on your 40 too!

Lv93 now, still haven't died but got close a few times while i was tired, which is not really the builds fault. Decided to throw an ex on my gloves and ring, not quite what i hoped for but can't win if you don't try.

I'm doing an overnight stream today, it might be very laggy cuz my laptop sucks but should be enough to see the build in action, for those interested.

€: Finally gave up on Sanctify and Pious Path. The extra regen and other stuff is nice and all, but it's too inconsistent and laggy. Switched to Instruments of Virtue and Augury of Penitence as suggested in this guide, and it's just so much better. Also really surprised how big the radius of the latter is.

Had to switch some stuff around for selfcast FW, since it doesn't trigger the extra attack damage with Spell Totem. Took some time getting used to this but it works fine now.

Closing in to 94 and it still doesn't get boring. Looking for some top tier quiver and gloves to upgrade to, but it's really hard finding something insanely good that's not hopelessly overpriced.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Jul 11, 2016, 4:10:44 AM
Ah, my condolences on the Yolo Exs. Unfortunately I did miss the stream... any chance for some highlights? (I can put it in the main post)

Just a few minor updates, finally had to stomach running Lab again as I had 8 more Unbearable Whispers V to fulfill. No Helm enchant for me, might be the carrot on the stick I'm chasing for the rest of the league.

I originally wanted Commandment of Reflection or Commandment of Winter (just from experience playing with Decree of Winter in Perandus) on Gloves and ofc Leech on boots. The two enchants I got are probably not up to par with those enchantments, but I found them working nicely in this build:

If you did path to Heart of Oak, after killing there is now 100% Stun Avoidance. Commandment of Spite launches a kind of GMP chilled ground effect, so the two work very nicely together in terms of survivability. Pleasantly surprised. I am kind of bummed out that after running Uber Lab ~120 times or so this league that I still have yet to get any of the following:

- Any meta bow skill (Barrage, Tornado Shot, Lightning Arrow)
- Any meta curse effect, got duration maybe 7-8 times and wanted to seppuku immediately (Temp Chain, Enfeeble, Vulnerability, even no t2 curses like Ele Weak, Flammability, Poacher/Assassin)
- Any EQ or Ancestral Warchief related enchant

Super burnt out now, lmao.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Amazing write-up Sarang - Very well thought out and explained. Great job all around man!
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Hi Sarang, great guide. Its been a blast to playthrough. I had a question about Kintsugi and reflect though (Possibly Enki would know more since he's playing evasion?).

Does reflect trigger the on hit reduction and therefore the cooldown? From googling it seemed like it didn't trigger the cooldown but still gave the damage reduction. Would just like to know any first hand experience you or Enki have had - Thanks!
@MisterCai: If you evade or dodge the reflected hit, nothing happens. If you don't, 20% less damage taken counts towards the first reflected hit and then get's disabled, while 50% inc evasion gets triggered for the next 4s.

95 now, solo mapping is masochistic at this point. 94 > 95 felt like 99 > 100 before Ascendancy to me.

Switched the HoI setup with Blasphemy Enfeeble. I've learnt even as ranged build it's inevitable that something will get into close range when having to run hundreds of maps per level, and i wanna keep any dangers of a surprise volatile, ghosted exile or whatever may happen at an absolute minimum now. I'd only recommend this while soloing at very high levels and playing evasion, otherwise the regular setup is way better.

Chaos'd myself some new gloves, attack speed and damage seem perfect now but i think there's still some room to optimize movement speed and crit consistency for my setup to cut down time from long mapping sessions. Most obvious solution seems to be jewels, pretty unfortunate that there's no good spot for Lioneye's Fall in the ranger section, or i'm just blind.

I'll definitely do more streams, usually around the weekend but not sure if i run any content that's worth highlighting, mostly just running the same old meta maps right now.
twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Jul 15, 2016, 10:38:04 AM
"
Enki91 wrote:
@MisterCai: If you evade or dodge the reflected hit, nothing happens. If you don't, 20% less damage taken counts towards the first reflected hit and then get's disabled, while 50% inc evasion gets triggered for the next 4s.

Ah, I figured as much, thanks!

Edit: Today has been a pretty amazing day with this build. Decided to blow through my sac sets I had stacked up from uber lab farming.

x3 after 15 sets

Then proceeded to go through uber lab today since I had twice enchanted and needed to finish lab for pale council key.
my second one of the league!

And then finally I decided while my luck was hot I'd run the pale council once with the set I just finished aaaand
:D.

TLDR: This build is awesome fun and sometimes rng blesses you.
Last edited by MisterCai on Jul 15, 2016, 4:14:54 PM
Just got to 97, the build is absolutely capable of going all the way to 100 but i can't get myself to push any further right now. HC-viability is also a given, never died on my journey, the closest i got was always during performance issues, but even survived that.

It's one of those builds that's really good for red maps. Haven't kept track before 95, but from 95 > 97 i was consistently pushing 5-8m more exp/h in fast red map layouts (Shipyard, Village Ruin, Wasteland, Courtyard, Waterways, Palace) than in the typical Gorge/Arid/Plateau meta maps.

For the record, here's my final setup for the evasion based version of this build:
Gear

For future leagues, considering they may not have access to RotC, i could see Nuro's Harp working very well at a low budget. Damage will obviously be somewhat lower, but should still be more than enough to oneshot packs. Gotta give that a try when i'm back to poe, unless someone else already tested it.

twitch.tv/enki91

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info