[PHC 2.3] AutoHerald Elementalist

oh. thank you for you reply.
i'll try to explain problem.

i'm asking about two heralds. without any other auras

now both heralds works fine:

and now i will link Added Lightning Damage. both Heralds grayed out, inactive and show tooltip about not enough mana:

there is a lot of mana from Eldritch battery and energy shield.
what's wrong?

---
UPD:
they grayed out but they still works. lol
Last edited by scifi on Jul 10, 2016, 4:53:14 PM
"
scifi wrote:

---
UPD:
they grayed out but they still works. lol

Ahh ok now I understand. Yeah they should be working but if in doubt try turning them off, waiting for your mana to regen, and turn them back on. The aura calculator definitely shows you should have no problem running them with your tree/links. I'm not at my gaming computer to check but I'm guessing it just shows the "not enough mana" message regardless once it's active as it's saying you don't have enough mana to activate "another" aura of that same percentage.

On a side note with the new eldritch battery the mana it gives you isn't available to be reserved by auras. It does allow you to reserve nearly 100% of your mana though and still be able to cast. So it's functionally the same in that regard.
Last edited by Zenzen on Jul 13, 2016, 6:14:35 PM
Is there a reason not to use Hypothermia instead of added lightning on the Herald of Ice setup?

It has less mana reservation
a more multiplier if against frozen/chilled enemies
If we are Elementalist with Beacon of Ruin won't everything be frozen/chilled if the herald of ice secondary explosions are activated?
Last edited by Pandura on Jul 10, 2016, 11:01:35 PM
I've been testing out this setup tonight. So far I'm really liking it as rampage is quite fun. Also it allows me to setup a defensive Immortal Call since trigger gems are supposed to proc before the daresso on hit effect.

I'll probably go with a curse on hit frostbite in the chest if I end up getting a 6L.

is it possible to play this as a crit version instead of freeze chance ?
"
Majin111 wrote:
is it possible to play this as a crit version instead of freeze chance ?
You have to invest a ton of points into crit, and start as Assassin, and then you get just enough crit that you have 100% crit against enemies on full life (Deadly Infusing + Ambush). I tried it and failed miserably. However, Raizqt did a guide on it and he seemed to get it working okay. In my opinion Elementalist is better and can scale higher.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Done some changes to the last time i posted here. changed it up a bit for a bit more single target dps as well as changed out a few gems to maximize effectiveness of this build overall while still following close to OP build. here is my Gear/Gems, my Jewels, my Flasks, my Passive Tree at lvl 83 and a few screenshots of the overall dps. This is in no way maximized as it will continuously increase as I level myself and gems. The pics of my dps do not reflect the dps with the flasks buff. I forgot I even had it on when I was screenshotting. And yes this build now puts out a ton more dps with dual golems as shown below. I hope this helps anyone who is up and coming with this build. Let this serve as an updated version of the Original Post

Gear

Jewels

Flasks

Ascendancy Tree

Order of Importance:
Normal Lab: Elemental Damage, Status Ailment Duration + Shaper of Desolation
Cruel Lab: Elemental Damage, Status Ailment Duration + Beacon of Ruin
Merciless Lab: Elemental Damage and Resistances + Paragon of Calamity
Uber Lab: Elemental Damage, Status Ailment Chance + Liege of the Primordial

Stats

These stats have not changed with current setup with the exception of the Chance to Freeze is now maximized at 65% for Herald of Thunder and Herald of Ice. Ball Lightning has a 50% chance to freeze.

DPS

Herald of Thunder

Herald of Ice

Ball Lightning

Dual Golem

░█▀▀▀░█▀▀█░█░░█░█░░░░█▀▀▀░░░░░█▀▀█░█▀▀▀░░░░░█▀▀▀░█▀▀█░▀▀█▀▀░█▀▀█░█▄░░█░
░█▄▄▄░█░░█░█░░█░█░░░░█▄▄▄░░░░░█░░█░█▄▄▄░░░░░█▄▄▄░█▄▄█░░░█░░░█▄▄█░█░█░█░
░░░░█░█░░█░█░░█░█░░░░░░░█░░░░░█░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░░█░█░░█░░░█░░░█░░█░█░░██░
░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░░░░░▀▀▀▀░▀░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░▀░░▀░░░▀░░░▀░░▀░▀░░░▀░
Last edited by S0S on Jul 13, 2016, 12:40:36 AM
"
S0S wrote:
Spoiler
Done some changes to the last time i posted here. changed it up a bit for a bit more single target dps as well as changed out a few gems to maximize effectiveness of this build overall while still following close to OP build. here is my Gear/Gems, my Jewels, my Flasks, my Passive Tree at lvl 83 and a few screenshots of the overall dps. This is in no way maximized as it will continuously increase as I level myself and gems. The pics of my dps do not reflect the dps with the flasks buff. I forgot I even had it on when I was screenshotting. And yes this build now puts out a ton more dps with dual golems as shown below. I hope this helps anyone who is up and coming with this build. Let this serve as an updated version of the Original Post

Gear

Jewels

Flasks

Ascendancy Tree

Order of Importance:

Stats

These stats have not changed with current setup with the exception of the Chance to Freeze is now maximized at 65% for Herald of Thunder and Herald of Ice. Ball Lightning has a 50% chance to freeze.

DPS

Herald of Thunder

Herald of Ice

Ball Lightning

Dual Golem

You have almost zero defences/life. How do you possibly make this build work with your passives and gear setup without dying from everything? Honest question.

Also I think it's important to note you're using Standard/legacy gear (ie. old surgeon's life flasks).

Lastly, how do you keep both golems up?
Last edited by Nicksiren on Jul 13, 2016, 4:50:09 PM
"
Nicksiren wrote:
"
S0S wrote:
Spoiler

Gear

Jewels

Flasks

Ascendancy Tree

Order of Importance:

Stats

DPS

Herald of Thunder

Herald of Ice

Ball Lightning

Dual Golem

You have almost zero defences/life. How do you possibly make this build work with your passives and gear setup without dying from everything? Honest question.

Also I think it's important to note you're using Standard/legacy gear (ie. old surgeon's life flasks).

He's got the double golem ascendancy trait. The amount of life though is a bit scary. Nearly everything in T8+ maps will one shot a character with 3k life without layered defense of some sort.

On another note I still play the build a bit but I'm using thunderfist to give my herald of thunder a 5L corrupted with elemental weakness on hit. I'm also using a Doryani's Catalyst which feels quite a bit better to me. Helm, boots, shield, and belt are all rares to squeeze in as much +life as I can.
"
Nicksiren wrote:
"
S0S wrote:
Spoiler

Gear

Jewels

Flasks

Ascendancy Tree

Order of Importance:

Stats

DPS

Herald of Thunder

Herald of Ice

Ball Lightning

Dual Golem

the life is not that big of a deal. double golems act as distractions and take the majority of the hits if any. I run t15 maps with ease. everything dies before they have a chance to hit me or my golems. as for bosses, if you know how to kite properly your golems will take any hits from the boss/bosses while your Vaal Storm Call and Ball Lightning take down the boss fast. double golem comes from the ascendancy tree. if I had more life which I am working on, I would take out the second golem and go for more damage from the ascendancy tree instead and switch out the single golem for a fire golem for more damage instead of ice and lightning golems (lightning golem damage is also converted to cold damage). I can add a final tree if you need to see the life nodes added. Also take into consideration that 30% damage taken comes from mana instead of life so even in t15 maps you can take a hit without worrying about it too much. endgame life pool will be around 5.5k

░█▀▀▀░█▀▀█░█░░█░█░░░░█▀▀▀░░░░░█▀▀█░█▀▀▀░░░░░█▀▀▀░█▀▀█░▀▀█▀▀░█▀▀█░█▄░░█░
░█▄▄▄░█░░█░█░░█░█░░░░█▄▄▄░░░░░█░░█░█▄▄▄░░░░░█▄▄▄░█▄▄█░░░█░░░█▄▄█░█░█░█░
░░░░█░█░░█░█░░█░█░░░░░░░█░░░░░█░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░░█░█░░█░░░█░░░█░░█░█░░██░
░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░░░░░▀▀▀▀░▀░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░▀░░▀░░░▀░░░▀░░▀░▀░░░▀░
Last edited by S0S on Jul 14, 2016, 8:05:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info