[PHC 2.3] AutoHerald Elementalist

This build is heavily inspired by the old shatterbolt build from version 1.3- one of my favourite builds I had ever played.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1096610/page/1

Concept
Spoiler
The way my autoherald build works is simple. We convert all lightning damage to cold damage through the use of two call of the brotherhood rings and take all chances we can to pick up freeze related nodes and itemization.

Our Herald of thunder gets proc'd via elemental conflux from the elementalist tree (all damage can shock , ignite, and chill) and our massive freeze chance, coupled with converting all of our lightning damage to cold damage causes things to freeze and shatter, causing herald of ice to chain(which causes shock on monsters, repeating the cycle).

Current Gear
Spoiler

Passive Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAPuBAcEswceCPQRDxM1FLAWbxcvF1QXpBo4GmwbJRzcHb4fAiKBJKonLyj6MtEzhzWSNsU26TeBOlg62DrhOw08BT1fQYdFR0WdRlJJUUuuTC1Ms03jUlNSslNSU9RVxlXWVkhWSl9qZOdmVGjyakNrem0ZcLt-x4Ckgh6Cm4LHg9uFMoV7iEKNgo48jxqP-pBVlS6XlZf0mjua4J2unqGfAZ_fogCmV6cItz64k8BUwGbBxci_0B_Q0NHk2CTYvdlb2t3bC9-K41bjauTr5YvpAuvu7BjsOO987-vwH_DV8kX52_no-tL8TP4K_o8=

Required items and budget

Two Call of the Brotherhood rings are highest costing required items for the build, costing roughly an exalt a piece.

Supplement Items

These items will greatly increase the power of the build, primarily focused on having a higher chance to freeze enemies. Chance to freeze ties greatly to your clearspead and general build safety. With enough chance to freeze, the build becomes very safe in very high level content. Carcass Jack is just icing on the cake.

Links
Spoiler
Storm Call-Less Duration-Controlled Destruction-Spell Echo-Cold Pen

This is the skill I use to begin proccing the heralds, as well as to finish off any rares or tankier monsters more quickly.

Herald of Ice-Ice Bite-Inc Aoe-Added Lightning

-I use ice bite for the freeze chance and frenzy charge generation, inc aoe to cause bigger overlapping aoes and bigger chain freeze explosions and added lightning to build on the base damage of the skill
Herald of Thunder-Ice Bite-Added Lightning-Cold Pen(Optional)

-I use a very similar link setup for our herald of thunder and adding cold penetration instead of further increasing the area of the skill.

General Note
I feel that many different link combinations could potentially work better than my current one, but have not extensively tested many other combinations.
I feel that ice bite is too good to give up, as it essentially keep permanent max frenzy charges.
However I feel the others are essentially interchangeable depending on how you prefer your heralds to act as well as your budget and level or skill tree setup.
Depending on your skill tree setup and itemization, many different setups would be all relatively viable as the skills themselves are actually quite powerful.

Blasphemy-Frostbite
Just increases damage and safety- super strong for the build.

Vaal Storm call- Vaal Storm Call- Spell Echo- Controlled destruction

-Double Vall Storm call setup is just very powerful for bosses (I use a chill of corruption in the skill tree to keep these going permanently through most maps) - Using vaal storm calls properly will increase clear speed and safety greatly.

Lightning Warp-Faster Casting-Less Duration

-Just a good movement skill for the build.

Bandits
Spoiler
Oak-Kill-Kraitlyn

Videos
Speed Gorge
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DsdThU8U20

Shipyard
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdgZx3UgA_w

Plateau-enfeeble-monster life showing
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etOYMrXMgS0

Ascendancy priority
Spoiler
-Shaper of desolation->beacon of ruin-->Paragon of Calamity->Pendulum of Destruction

Jewel Priority
Spoiler
Life->Cold DMG->Increased Damage-Area Damage-Lightning Damage-Freeze chance/duration

Getting a chill of corruption helps keep vaal storm calls more available and some setups may require conqueror's efficiency
Last edited by pandahands on Jun 19, 2016, 11:26:54 AM
Last bumped on Dec 18, 2016, 3:46:41 PM
I've run t13+ maps with this guy. Build does insane damage and freezes everything even versus the hardest content in the game. Awesome build :D
Gosh rampage is a nice buff for this build. Move speed and generic damage, both of which you can't get enough of. You could offhand a Dancing Dervish pretty easily. Also, have you tried Doryani's over Spine?

How do you handle ele status immune maps, or do you just roll over them?

Kudos for making a Herald build late-game viable, I tried myself in Perandus and it wasn't even map viable :'(
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
"
Gosh rampage is a nice buff for this build. Move speed and generic damage, both of which you can't get enough of. You could offhand a Dancing Dervish pretty easily. Also, have you tried Doryani's over Spine?

How do you handle ele status immune maps, or do you just roll over them?

Kudos for making a Herald build late-game viable, I tried myself in Perandus and it wasn't even map viable :'(
I don't do full immune maps, blood magic or ele reflect. Everything else is fair game.

I am currently using spine because when I made the build I was broke, but as soon as my empowers ding 3 i'm going to try a few different combinations of links and weapons.

Also I just got 21/20 heralds( post video) :D
Love the concept! Could you post a Passive Tree Leveling section? Also what skills do you use to level your character?
will this build still work with just one ring or do we have to have 2
"
will this build still work with just one ring or do we have to have 2

he said using one was good for low tier maps and dried lake but it wasn't enough to freeze in higher tier maps. With two you can freeze mobs even in high health mod t15s, its disgusting
Super cool build. The first map I ran put a big old smile on my face. I slap this together in standard where I have a pair of Doryani's Catalyst. Tooltip Dps for HoI is 3,091 and for HoT is 5,282. Just barely able to cap resist.

edit: I also ran with 2 "3% chance to freeze" jewels for a total to 51% chance to freeze.
Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Jun 16, 2016, 3:11:35 AM
I'm sorry If this is a stupid question but at what level does the build kick-in? And how do you go about lvling b4 that?
"
Jauua wrote:
I'm sorry If this is a stupid question but at what level does the build kick-in? And how do you go about lvling b4 that?

I was about to ask that to, how does leveling work ? I'm pretty interested by this build, might be the one I'll go for once I'm done with my current one.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info