[2.3] Explosive Arrow Elementalist - Insane Clear Speed with 11 Grand Spectrum

"
NocturnalWolf wrote:
Why Elemental Equilibrium... it just gives resistances to the mobs. Unless I'm missing something. I Don't see a separate skill to apply EE (like Phys to lightning split arrow for curse on hit) for the explosions.

If you stack 3 elements on your skill it EE won't work for the explosions (It takes the highest element last i checked, so if you do 1k fire and 500 ice, they will still be fire resistant).

Or are you using something else not linked in your guide that I'm missing?

EDIT: I should clarify that a buddy of mine is playing this build, and with hatred aura (which is giving some cold damage) he is still getting "Resists fire, weakness to cold, weakness to lightning" on mobs from EE.

You simply get cold or lightning dmg on jewelery or gloves and every attack with the actual explosive arrow projectile makes the mob vulnerable to fire - once the explosion goes off <1 second later the mob becomes strong to fire because a fire attack just went off. EE is applied instantly on elemental dmg based on the type recieved
IGN: fuBzski
GMT-7:00 - PST
attack the monster with an attack of your choice that isn't fire based before the fuse explodes, or get it hit with a herald. your choice.

My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1338089
Last edited by conall88 on Jun 21, 2016, 7:39:18 AM
What jewel would you recommend if some of us couldn't get 6 grand spectrum yet? I'm currently using %DOT + %ProjectileDamage Jewel and %FireDamage + %AOEDamage. And I'm having issue with my single target during boss fight. Any suggestions to help improve?
How about Starkonja as a replacement for the helm ? Gives 10% attack speed and up to 100 life. Crit and reduced damage on low life are negligible since you're almost never low, and the global eva on low life actually matters when you need it. No resists either, but a good mix of offense and defense imo. Plus it's dirt cheap
You think Sibyl's + the new reflect reduction Ascendancy point makes this hardcore viable?
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
can this build farm uber labyrinth?
Few notes to the creator, equilibrium doesn't benefit from the prolif, which means most of the time only the first few mobs are affected by it, the bigger packs are not.

Frostwall is bugged, the game sees it as a "hill" or "mountain" which means the arrows fire OVER the wall, its hard to see because from our perspective they go in a straight line, then sometimes they do collide with the frostwall but the game doesn't know what to do with them and they just disappear. bottom line, very buggy and unreliable setup.
"
JumpAttacker wrote:
can this build farm uber labyrinth?

I have almost the same build with only 10 gs, i successed in the uber lab the second try. Uber lab is ok as long as u switch haste for grace in +2 ring. Then u have to dodge and run fast, it is not so difficult after some training.
"
NocturnalWolf wrote:
Why Elemental Equilibrium... it just gives resistances to the mobs. Unless I'm missing something. I Don't see a separate skill to apply EE (like Phys to lightning split arrow for curse on hit) for the explosions.

If you stack 3 elements on your skill it EE won't work for the explosions (It takes the highest element last i checked, so if you do 1k fire and 500 ice, they will still be fire resistant).

Or are you using something else not linked in your guide that I'm missing?

EDIT: I should clarify that a buddy of mine is playing this build, and with hatred aura (which is giving some cold damage) he is still getting "Resists fire, weakness to cold, weakness to lightning" on mobs from EE.

You have some form of lightning or cold damage added to attacks on your ring/ammy/lightning coil and it will apply negative fire resistance on the monster before the explosion goes off.
I have a lvl 85 Whispering Ice build right now.

Am getting kind of tired of the playstyle (it was fun as hell, but meh) and was looking to switch over to this one. She's an elementalist as well. Do you think it's a good idea? How rare are those jewels do I need them for this build to be good? How about survivability compared to the whispering tri curse build? I really love the gameplay of this and want to switch so bad, thanks! This build looks amazing!
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Jul 8, 2016, 11:50:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info