[2.3] Explosive Arrow Elementalist - Insane Clear Speed with 11 Grand Spectrum

Intro

Although witch has poor starting nodes as Blood magic EA, you get really good ascendancy points.

This EA build is a bit different than the other common EA builds out there (mixed with old EA prolif build), it uses burning as main damage with Double Dipping with Ele damange grand spectrum jewel.

Elemental damage increases your initial explosion AND the burning damage as well.

By having 605% elemental damage from jewels, with free prolif from Elementalist, you will have insane clear speed.

You also don't have to worry about proccing burning since we get it free from elemental conflux from ascendancy point as well.

Furthermore, having 50% reduced reflected damage with 2.3 buff is HUGE for your survivability.

Video

Gorge Map (5L): https://youtu.be/JFRLRAV4pV4
Village Ruin (6L): https://youtu.be/CsolPibdfGo

Gear

Important: You should not have added x-y Fire damage to attacks on your gear, and you will need at least one of cold or lightning damage to attacks to proc your EE. (If you choose to use lightning coil, you get lightning damage)

Weapon

Quill rain, BiS

Body Armour

Or

Kaom's Heart

Personally, I suggest Lightning coil since:

- It had better EHP than Kaom's according to the calculator. (better defense)
- Extra Gem Sockets are always nice.
- Free lightning damage x-y to proc EE
- You take 8% reduced converted lightning damage, thanks to the ascendancy point.

Helm

or

Rare helm with priority of:

- Life
- Resist

Gloves

- Life
- Resist
- Attack speed

Boots

- Life
- Movement speed (20%+)
- Resist

Quilver

Or

Rare quiver for better survavbility:

- Life
- Resist
- Attack speed

Accessory

One Free buff:
- Haste
- Purity of Fire
- Grace
etc

Rest should be prioritized on:

- Life
- Resist

Jewels

These are not required, but get them slowly as you play.
You can start using them when you have at least 6:

Links

Weapon or Body Armour:
4L: Explosive Arrow - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Less Duration - Life Leech
5L: Explosive Arrow - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Less Duration - Life Leech - Fire Penetration
6L: Explosive Arrow - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Less Duration - Life Leech - Fire Penetration - Slower Projectiles (Empower if you have it lvl3+)

*You can switch out life leech with AoE when you get life leech% on your boot enchant or leech from Atziri belt.

4 Links
All of these links are personal preferences:

1) Blink Arrow - Frost Wall - Spell Echo - x (Anything)
2) CWDT - Immortal Call - Increased Duration - x (Anything)
3) Summon Flame Golem - Summon Lightning Golem - Minion Life - Culling Strike

You should have these on free spots (body armour):

- Blood Rage (linked with Inc duration)
- Flammability
- Vaal Haste (linked with Inc duration)
- Enduring Cry

Bandits

Normal: Life
Cruel: Attack Speed
Merciless: Passive Point or Frenzy Charge (I suggest frenzy charge)

Last edited by GeGuRi on Jun 13, 2016, 3:17:58 AM
Last bumped on Jul 8, 2016, 11:55:17 PM
Why so much attack speed? I thought you only needed 5 charges in < 1 second for EA.
why no rearguard?
kaom is not defensive option, it's offence chest, while lc defensive, at least in this build with not that much %hp
secondary and prolif damage isnt reflected and you cant do reflect maps anyway, so no use in paragon at least for sc

weird choices, overall.

No rest for the wicked
Also wondering myself, 60 % ele damage from jewels is in my waste of jew. Slots. every other fire node also increases Explosion and burning dmg. also asking myself how to mage enough single target dmg, conflux only Triggers on kill
"
ILIAS wrote:
Also wondering myself, 60 % ele damage from jewels is in my waste of jew. Slots. every other fire node also increases Explosion and burning dmg. also asking myself how to mage enough single target dmg, conflux only Triggers on kill

Maybe you want to try this calculator out and see how much ele damage you get per grand spectrum jewel.

http://codepen.io/anon/pen/wWBdQg?editors=0010
Last edited by maddoxeu on Jun 10, 2016, 4:44:05 AM
ah ok, thats how it works ; )
"
mezmery wrote:
why no rearguard?
kaom is not defensive option, it's offence chest, while lc defensive, at least in this build with not that much %hp
secondary and prolif damage isnt reflected and you cant do reflect maps anyway, so no use in paragon at least for sc

weird choices, overall.

Kaom can't be considered as offence chest in my case since 40% fire damage is nothing when I have 700%+ increased damage. Also I don't think 218% life is "not that much %hp," yea it has bit less life compared to other ea builds but I am using life leech with reduced ele reflect which kind of makes up for it.

Paragon is my main reason why I went elementalist. Even with paragon, I sometimes lose like 2k+ life against ele reflect rare monsters, imagine without paragon. I feel like it's one of the most OP ascendancy point that you are calling it out as weird choice.
Is it uber viable?
"
Hiken_No_Ace wrote:
Is it uber viable?

Didn't really try, but maybe possible if you do frost wall shotgun.
Not uber focused build though, since she can't be ignited
Is the reduction in reflect damage enough to be able to do reflect maps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info