Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Mark_GGG wrote:

"
kot0005 wrote:
Also do the poison stack with the ascendancy affixes in the assassin tree?
Meaning, will the ring affix apply another stack of poison if I already applied poison from the flat % that Noxious strikes gives?
Any given hit either does or does not apply poison. It cannot apply multiple instances of poison.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:

"
a_z0_9 wrote:
Is it possible to apply Bleed, Poison and Maim by a single 'lucky' hit if Noxious Strike (assassin) node is allocated?
Yes, but only if the enemy was already bleeding and poisoned. Noxious Strike cannot apply poison unless you hit a bleeding enemy. If you hit a non-bleeding enemy, and caused them to bleed, you still hit a non-bleeding enemy.

With the above answers in mind, how does this interact with Tornado Shot(with GMP):

i) Does the initial hit and secondary projectiles count as 2 separate instances?
i.e: the parent projectile apply bleed and the secondary projectile apply poison (assuming assassin's noxious strike is taken) (or parent projectile apply curse and secondary projectile apply poison - assuming cospri's will is equipped and a CoH on glove implicit)

ii) Does the secondary projectiles (from each parent) count as separate instances - hence capable of applying bleed/curse and/or 1 stack of poison each per (i)?

iii) Independent of the above questions, does the secondary projectiles from Tornado shot inherit the parent's rolls? : i.e: crit/miss

Last edited by SieghartX2 on Aug 11, 2016, 6:43:36 PM
"
osman256 wrote:
Hello, I have question about Righteous fire. Can I increase RF damage with fire damage, damage over time , spell damage and elemental damage from passive skill tree ?

All of the above. Also burning damage would be another one.
"
SieghartX2 wrote:
With the above answers in mind, how does this interact with Tornado Shot(with GMP):

i) Does the initial hit and secondary projectiles count as 2 separate instances?

Yes

"
SieghartX2 wrote:
ii) Does the secondary projectiles (from each parent) count as separate instances - hence capable of applying bleed/curse and/or 1 stack of poison each per (i)?

Yes (kind of the same question)

"
SieghartX2 wrote:
iii) Independent of the above questions, does the secondary projectiles from Tornado shot inherit the parent's rolls? : i.e: crit/miss

Yes also. However if you roll a crit with the skill and crit with one proj it doesn't mean all proj will crit on different enemies. Any conditional or enemy-specific crit chance modifiers would determine the outcome. Same goes for missing (evasion/dodge/block rating of the enemy).
"
"
osman256 wrote:
Hello, I have question about Righteous fire. Can I increase RF damage with fire damage, damage over time , spell damage and elemental damage from passive skill tree ?

All of the above. Also burning damage would be another one.

So when I have 7000 ES and with RF enemies burn for 50% of my max ES ( which is 3500 dmg per sec ) and I will have for example 100% increased damage from all damage types in passive skill tree ( for example fire/elemental damage and damage over time together) which increase damage of RF so that RF damage will be 7000 damage per second ?
KoKid missed a step, oopie-daisy; Spell Damage does not apply to Damage over Time by default. Other than that, yes, if you have 100% Increased Damage then you effectively deal 100% of your Life+ES in Damage :P
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 12, 2016, 7:39:11 AM
Were there any key relevant mechanics changes between the various Headhunter leagues this season, such as in how Nemesis mods were selected, applied, or the effects they had? It seemed like sometime after the first the rate of Volatile Bloods went up MASSIVELY, especially in the first few areas. They weren't a problem in the first one, but after that they made the first several areas completely unfun in stark contrast with the first one.

What happens if you take the keystones Blood Magic, Eldritch Battery and Mind Over Matter together? Is Mind Over Matter completely deactivated by Blood Magic? Does Eldritch Battery become outright negative if taken with Blood Magic? Is there any reason behind this, or is it purely arbitrary? I really don't see why the Blood Magic keystone should reduce mana to 0 in the first place when the support gem does not and clearly does not need to, rendering it compatible with the other keystones while keystone BM seemingly isn't...?
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
For Ancestral Warchief Totems who has to be Full Life, so that the support gem Melee Damage on Full Life takes effect?

My instinct tells me the totem and only the totem matters, but I had people claim that either you or the totem having full life will make it work.
"
TheLastZica wrote:
What happens if you take the keystones Blood Magic, Eldritch Battery and Mind Over Matter together?

You would spend life for your skills, ES would absorb up to 30% of the damage before it is applied on life.

"
TheLastZica wrote:
I really don't see why the Blood Magic keystone should reduce mana to 0 in the first place when the support gem does not and clearly does not need to

BM keystone then gives access to 35% inc. max life and 50% less reservation in only 3 points spent ...
"
Vipermagi wrote:
KoKid missed a step, oopie-daisy; Spell Damage does not apply to Damage over Time by default. Other than that, yes, if you have 100% Increased Damage then you effectively deal 100% of your Life+ES in Damage :P

Yes my bad for the spell damage ... I was playing around with Vortex atm which is one of few exceptions where spell damage affect the DoT portion ... =)
"
tzuiop wrote:
For Ancestral Warchief Totems who has to be Full Life, so that the support gem Melee Damage on Full Life takes effect?

My instinct tells me the totem and only the totem matters, but I had people claim that either you or the totem having full life will make it work.

My instinct tells me the same thing, and it would make sense but I read that only your life matters. Totem uses the skill as YOU would use it, so it would check your life.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info