Mechanical Questions Thread

Greets!

Jewel sockets - if A is linked to B and B to C and C to D , does a Support Jewel in A effect a Spell Jewel in D?

So... if A, B, & C are Support Jewels, do they all effect D?

Thanks!
Hi!

First: sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language.

I have a question similar to that one posted by XADRIM yesterday:

If I'll craft "+2 weapon range" on my coronal maul, will Ancestral Warchief totem benefit from this?

Or is totem attack range affected only by "increased area radius" modifiers?

P.S. Thanks for doing great job, Mark :)

I just never thought over the idea of getting powercharges with totems.
1. Powercharge on crit support in totem skill doesn't give charges.
2. Will the Conviction of Power give powercharges to me and my totems, if totems kill?
"
Regtrag wrote:
Can you explain to me, does quality on Vaal Righteous Fire gem affect damage of Vaal Righteous Fire itself?
And what value of ES is taken for calculating the damage if my char is CI? Always maximum for the energy shield or the value at the time of use of the skill?

1. Yes. It can't affect any other Skill.
2. Vaal RF deals Damage based on current Life + ES minus 1. If you have 10 ES left, VRF isn't going to save you.
"
WulfgangAdair wrote:
Jewel sockets - if A is linked to B and B to C and C to D , does a Support Jewel in A effect a Spell Jewel in D?

Jewels are socketed into the Passive tree, Gems go into gear :)
Yes, all three Support gems will apply to skill D, assuming they are compatible (Increased Attack Speed won't do much for a Spell).
"
Aerotrack wrote:
I just never thought over the idea of getting powercharges with totems.
1. Powercharge on crit support in totem skill doesn't give charges.
2. Will the Conviction of Power give powercharges to me and my totems, if totems kill?

1. Correct. Totem gets a Crit -> Totem gets the Power Charge.
Totems only use your offensive stats, not their own. They cannot benefit from having a Power Charge of their own, and thus their maximum is zeor.
2. No. It will only give the character Power Charges, which is the only sensible recipient. If you have Power Charges, your Totems will benefit from them.
"
WulfgangAdair wrote:
Greets!

Thanks!

Hi, I suppose you mean support gems in which case the answer would be yes. From the wiki:

"
Multiple skill gems may be linked to a support gem, in which case it will modify all of the skills, and multiple support gems may be linked to a skill gem, in which case it will be modified by all of them. However, if two copies of a support gem are linked to the same skill, only the higher level gem will be used.

pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Support_skill_gem
Last edited by Jojas on Jul 5, 2016, 6:19:10 AM
If I have Wyrmsign gloves ("Gain Rampage while at Maximum Endurances Charges") and reduce my maximum endurance charges to zero via jewels, will I have my own personal Rampage league?
a) Is it possible to finish the game without attacking or casting, ie relying on "thorns" reflect damage? I'm thinking of trying it out but some of the bosses might be spellcasters only and not melee?

b) Can damage reflect mods drop on normal difficulty twilight strand items outside of uniques? I'm thinking the only source of reflect to thorn hillock to death is by having bramblejack/goldrim/crown of thorns drop so I'm in for the long haul busting barrels, crates and rocks otherwise...
I'm not convinced. It's about when calculations happen. Moster snappshotting vs flasks is all about [something] being calculated when the monster starts an attack, and the calculated values being applied IF it hits you. So if that something reaches all the way to how much damage you take, then mitigation such as ToH won't help if you pop the flask too late. On the other hand, if that something is just monster damage, and you *taking* that damage is something that gets further calculated after the hit lands, then ToH will help even if you pop it at the last minute - unlike e.g. a granite or a basalt. So I'd still like to see a dev answer...

"
Freeeeez wrote:
"
Does monster damage get snapshotted if I pop Taste of Hate between them attaking/casting and scoring the hit on me? Or, since it's me modifying how I take my damage, can I use ToH to mitigate damage even after monsters start an action against me (e.g. rhoa charge)?

Thanks!! Awesome thread!!

ToH has nothing to do with the monster damage, it alters how you take damage.

p.s. how do I get notified about responses to a post I made within a thread? mmmmmmmmmmmm...?
If I'm using Arc (a non-aoe skill) as an Elementalist, do "% increased radius of area skills" nodes on the tree affect Beacon of Ruin radius?
IGN: somewittynamehere
Thanks, Vipermagi and Jojas for the jewel gem clarification and explanation of support!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info