Mechanical Questions Thread

Hi, does Spirit Offering + Mistress of Sacrifice Necromancer ascendancy + CI not heal ES (since it's based off HP, and CI sets your max HP to 1)?

Seems like a weak skill then, Bone Offering is better as a defensive skill for both hybrid and life-based necromancers, and Flesh Offering is the superior offensive skill.
If I have 30 instances of Blade Vortex acctive and i hit a mob. Does it count as 1 hit or 30 hits.

How often does a BV hit?

When does the BVs crit calculation occur? When i cast the BV or every time the skill hit.
Why Spark or vaal spark cannot hit animate weapons casted by monsters or spawned by prophecy ?
"
Why Spark or vaal spark cannot hit animate weapons casted by monsters or spawned by prophecy ?

It's an inherent problem/property with sparks. Sparks are projectiles that travel on the ground, while things like animate weapons or raging spirits are considered "flying" monsters (it's why they can go up and down ledges, over gaps), so sparks just don't hit those mobs.

Yea it sucks playing sparks when facing those things.
If you have a item that gives you endurance charges on hit/kill but looses all when you are hit and you have a Cast When Damage Taken Immortal Call setup will the endurance charges be consumed by the immortal call or will the charges just burn?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617494/page/1
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Commander of Darkness is explicitly not any kind of separate buff. The node does not give you a bonus while your aura is active, it changes the effect granted by your aura by adding damage, attack speed and cast speed bonuses to each aura skill you cast.

Just as the node says, this bonus is granted by the aura, so can only be granted to a thing the aura can grant bonuses to.
Does this mean that any aura effect nodes from the passive tree will push the granted bonus from Commander of Darkness? E.g. 30% increased effect of non-curse auras you cast from passives will result in 13% increased damage and 6.5% increased attack/cast speed per aura?

Does Rejuvenation Totem count for Commander of Darkness as an aura cast by me through a remote skill? Does it give me and my minions +10% increased damage and 5% attack and cast speed?
Last edited by knivil on Jun 30, 2016, 7:25:57 AM
What is the calculation sequence for the Assassin's Ambush ascendancy, and Assassin's Mark?

Does Juggernaut's Unbreakable node, which gives you double armour from chest piece, work with evasion base if you have Iron Reflexes?
Hi Mark.

I recently started a character that was going to try to utilize the Necromancer node Beacon of Corruption for dps.

After doing some research i have made a build i think im happy with.
and as i understand it Beacon of Corruption now gains damage from minion damage and supports to the minion.

so my question is this

My plan was to support a Stone golem like this.

Stone Golem - Minion Life - Void Manipulation - rapid decay - Minion Damage - Trap

but since i know that supports like rapid decay don't effect things that cant be reduced in duration i did not expect that to work with stone golem.

but when i finaly got to link everything together rapid decays icon pops up when i add the trap support.

Im fairly sure that this will reduce my trap duration.
But what will happen with the more damage over time part, will that be applied to my golem and there for also the cloud from Beacon of Corruption?

Edit: saw now that the tooltip say my minion deals more damage over time, so i guess my question is am i correctly informed that all supports will be transfered to Beacon of Corruption even in this special case wherer it normaly should not be applyed to it.

Last edited by Nelzy87 on Jun 30, 2016, 9:42:32 AM
I just asked support if they could answer me on this, but I got reffered to this thread. Forgot about this, but anyways here's my question(Copy pasted from mail):

Hey, hope I can bother you guys with some technical ish questions about mirror arrow and blink arrow.

When I activate herald of ash/light/ice, it adds dmg to my attacks. Does this dmg apply to the attacks of the minion that's summoned by MA/BA gems? I can see that it adds to the initial hit of the arrow, but can't figure out if it adds to the minion.
And does it still work (wathever answer I get) if I link Trap with BA/MA?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info