Mechanical Questions Thread

Why doesn't the elemental damage from "Gain 110% of Bow Physical Damage as Extra Damage of an Element" on Doomfletch (and its fated version) show on the tooltip dps?
Also, if all the physical damage is converted, for example, by a Lightning Arrow gem plus a Physical to Lightning gem, will I still get 110% for each element from the physical damage that was fully converted over to lightning?
"
Fhen wrote:
Why doesn't the elemental damage from "Gain 110% of Bow Physical Damage as Extra Damage of an Element" on Doomfletch (and its fated version) show on the tooltip dps?

The tooltip has issues with conditional modifiers, i.e. randomly selected elements. It can't know in advance what element was added. That explains Doomfletch, but not Doomfletch's Prism...

My guess as to why Prism still doesn't show it is that it is a variation on the conditional modifier of simple Doomfletch, and thus retains similar code that is similarly not accounted for in the tooltip.

"
Fhen wrote:
Also, if all the physical damage is converted, for example, by a Lightning Arrow gem plus a Physical to Lightning gem, will I still get 110% for each element from the physical damage that was fully converted over to lightning?

Yes

(See the Wiki page on Damage conversion. The wording in text is a little ambiguous, but rest assured that all Added As in this game has acted in this way, and read the examples if you're skeptical. Also, you can test something like this by doing full conversion, looking at the tooltip, then activating Hatred or Herald of Ash, or slotting in Added Fire Damage to the link up, and see that it still adds its element)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

"
Khisanth wrote:
Does Hypothermia's more damage affect Vortex's DoT?

No. Conditional modifiers cannot apply to DoT, because the condition could change during the DoT.

Then how are resistances checked vs the cold damage over time? Because they can be conditional, for example i could cast elemental weakness AFTER I casted vortex on the mob that stands on it, or drop a frost bomb, or proc EE. How is this checked?
RIP King of the Forest view-thread/1738625

My Lootfilter: view-thread/1696052
Is it intended that Ghost Reaver heals your life instead of your energy shield if your energy shield is full? It is nice to have if you drop an life reserving aura on accident when paired with Vaal Pact, but I wasn't sure if this was a bug.
Hey @MARKGGG

I was reading mixed information about whether or not The taming + emberwake counts past the first ignite tic.

Any clarification on these interactions would be lovely. Thank you.

I guess I am asking if each ignite proc gives 10% ED
"
cmphx wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

"
Khisanth wrote:
Does Hypothermia's more damage affect Vortex's DoT?

No. Conditional modifiers cannot apply to DoT, because the condition could change during the DoT.

Then how are resistances checked vs the cold damage over time? Because they can be conditional, for example i could cast elemental weakness AFTER I casted vortex on the mob that stands on it, or drop a frost bomb, or proc EE. How is this checked?

Resistances are not being 'checked' and never do. All creatures (monsters, players, etc.) have resistances, it's their own stat, which can be modified in many different ways (equipment, curses, penetration, etc.). Cold DoT deals (surprise!) cold damage, which is reduced/increased depending on creature's resistances.

By cursing an enemy with Elemental Weakness you directly reduce enemy's resistances.
IGN: Freeeeez | /u/Freeeeez
Last edited by Freeeeez on Jun 29, 2016, 5:17:32 PM
"
Duji wrote:
Is it intended that Ghost Reaver heals your life instead of your energy shield if your energy shield is full? It is nice to have if you drop an life reserving aura on accident when paired with Vaal Pact, but I wasn't sure if this was a bug.

Certain you don't have a bit of Life Regen or Life Gain on Hit in there somewhere?
Actually I think I might now the cause. I forgot Divinarius has life gain on kill.
Last edited by Duji on Jun 29, 2016, 6:36:04 PM
How does Maim duration work? It's not listed on any of the sources that apply it, and I haven't seen any reference to an implicit duration. Is it a set duration, is it based on %max life damage dealt like elemental ailments or stun? Is it affected by skill duration modifiers?

Also, why is it only movement speed? As a melee, reducing movement speed only is about the most worthless debuff... enemies you strike are rarely going anywhere anyway if you're already up close. Yet maim is only found on primarily melee-aligned sources (Gladiator, Assassin, a unique sword...). Seems like a waste of potential, to be honest... couldn't you give it a little extra something to help out melees a little more, like 'maimed enemies take 10% increased melee damage'?
thanks!!!
Last edited by Deke206 on Jul 1, 2016, 9:35:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info