Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Kleintje wrote:
Question

Freeze duration is based on the amount of damage versus amount of life the target has.
If the duration is below a certain threshold it will not freeze.

Does this imply that increased freeze duration effectively lowers the amount of damage needed to freeze?

regards
Kleintje

yes.
IGN: TsuruyaNyro
Hello Mark! Hope you are doing well.

Does the 39% MORE DOT modifier of Rapid Decay linked to your main non-dot melee skill benefit bleed+poison DOT gained from the Voidheart ring? Or only from a weapon with inherent bleed like the disfavour or Jack the axe?

Thanks!

-Ahfack
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 Phys/Impale Life Ring!
🎆🎆 NEW #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet!
🎆🎆 #1 Spell/Stat Stick Dagger, LLRF, Hybrid Gear + MORE!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Jun 23, 2016, 7:13:04 PM
"
Hello Mark! Hope you are doing well.

Does the 39% MORE DOT modifier of Rapid Decay linked to your main non-dot melee skill benefit bleed+poison DOT gained from the Voidheart ring? Or only from a weapon with inherent bleed like the disfavour or Jack the axe?

Thanks!

-Ahfack

Yes, if you can support your melee skill with Rapid Decay, it will also benefit DoTs created by this skill.
IGN: Freeeeez | /u/Freeeeez
Last edited by Freeeeez on Jun 23, 2016, 9:05:05 PM
"
Saegys wrote:
Can a monster give the Punishment buff to the player with reflect?
No. The buff is only granted to things they hit with melee attacks.

"
xcamdacopx wrote:
Each Ichimonji give 10% increased buffs on you.
...
1) How does this interact with Elemental Conflux? Are the effects more potent or does it not buff it at all? (Are the Ignites doing increased damage? Is the Shock made more potent? Is the chill slower?)
Elemental Conflux is boolean. Damage either does or does not count towards applying a status ailment - you can't increase "does" by 10%. Similarly, it makes all hits apply each status ailment, and you can't increase "applies". It's already having as much effect as it can.
"
xcamdacopx wrote:
How does this interact with Golems and Liege of the Primordial? Is the 100% additive with Ichimonji?
Yes, as they are both "increased" modifiers applying to the same value (the effect of the buff).
"
xcamdacopx wrote:
2) How does this interact with Ranger's Avatar of the Chase Onslaught buff? The 50% is additive with Ichimonji(s)? How does this interact? (Dual Wield Ichimonji as a Raider and get 70% increased effect of Onslaught?)
No. Onslaught is not itself a buff, it's a bonus that can be granted by a buff (or by other things). A buff granting onslaught is saying "you have onslaught", and this is a boolean thing which cannot be increased. Having the onslaught property grants your character some numerical bonuses, which are what Avatar of the Chase is affecting.
"
xcamdacopx wrote:
3) Are Righteous Fire and Blood Rage's degeneration effect on the player made more potent? (This is currently what the wiki says is true)
Yes, those are buffs, and one of their effects is dealing damage to the player.
"
xcamdacopx wrote:
Dual wielding Ichimonji increases these effects additively, I assume? (From 10% to 20% buff effect)
Yes. "increased" modifiers to the same value stack additively.
"
xcamdacopx wrote:
Any additional hidden effects when buffs are scaled? Is there unfavorable or favorable rounding involved? (Arctic Armor, Blood Rage, etc)
Rounding is done as is standard in this game, by truncating values to just the integer part. Whether this is favourable or unfavourable depends on what's being rounded and how much of it there is.

"
Sungazer12 wrote:
If I get buffed in anyway i.e rallying cry, power or frenzy charges, phase run, etc, does the totems get the damage increase at the same time I do? Or do I have to recreate the totems for them to have the damage increase?
Totems are using your skills. Your skills benefit from the bonus when you do.

"
lokomotor wrote:
Does crafting +2 weapon range to weapon or adding AOE gem increase acquisition distance and attack range to Ancestral Warchief? What about increase AW radius helmet enchants.What is the default Acquisition and attack range of AW?
I don't know what you mean by "acquisition distance". Increasing weapon range will increase the range he can target at. Increasing AoE will increase the size of the AoE slam, and the range it can be targeted at, since the slam is restricted such that the edge of the area must be in range, not the centre.

"
Pekkanator wrote:
How does a multiplier to physical damage taken (Abyssus) interact with physical damage taken as X? Does it multiply the elemental damage since it in a way has been physical damage in the start of the calculation, similarily to how dealing converted damage works?
No. The point of "X damage taken as Y" modifiers is to change what things scale that damage. Increased physical damage taken will only apply to the physical damage you take, not damage of any other type.
"
Pekkanator wrote:
What do modifiers to area of effect exactly do to Bladefall? They don't seem to change its width. Do they lenthen/shorten the individual volleys and the distance between them?
Area modifiers affec radius. The volleys are effectively sections along the edge of a large circle. Increasing radius makes them "longer" (more distance from closest to furthest area covered from player). Increasing the "width" is effectivly changing the angle along that circle that's covered, which is not available as a modifier.
"
Pekkanator wrote:
Do the modifiers change the chance for monsters to be hit by multiple volleys?
Both the spacing and the "length" are increased the same, so the overlapping area is increased as well (but not as much if only the "length" was increased and they kept the same spacing).

"
_Interrupt_ wrote:
Does Shock "50% increased damage taken" also increase secondary damage of ignite/poison/bleed?
Damage taken modifiers affect all damage taken, including from damage over time. However, that damage is not secondary damage.

"
allirog wrote:
I've made several late game Doomfletch characters, and it sure seemed like the map mod Armoured (+20% physical damage resistance) was lowering my elemental damage as well as my physical. This suggests that Doomfletch does it's bonus damage on the actual hit, not based on the weapon attack like is usual. I figured this was a result of the unusual randomness in the attack. Is this true, or am I just wrong?
You are wrong. Damage conversion does not and cannot occur after mitigation. It applies to the damage stats of the item, before they're used to calculate damage for a hit. Armour has no effect on the elemental damage dealt.
"
allirog wrote:
Doomfletch's Prism, the new upgrade to Doomfletch, also doesn't add the damage to tooltip, even though it's not random and could be determined like other stats.
It is not random, but due to the way it works, it also cannot be determined that way in advance. This may be possible in future if it gets refactored.
"
allirog wrote:
The new Hrimburn grants "Cold damage can burn". If you are attacking with a mixed fire/cold damage attack while wearing Hrimburn and you crit, will the resulting burn be a combined cold and fire sized burn, or will each element apply a separate burn?
A hit can only apply one instance of each status ailment, and all damage that can contribute to that status ailment does so.

"
Drusek wrote:
I'm already stunned. I'm also hit by hit that will stun me. Can Cast when Stunned proc in that situation?
Yes.

"
zeus242 wrote:
If I socket the skill gem Elemental Focus into Whispering Ice, will my Icestorm be able to inflict status elements from elemental conflux? Not sure because it's indirectly supporting ice storm.
No, Icestorm cannot apply status ailments while supported by Elemental Focus.
1. Does Izaro's mortar skill (green globs) bypass the taunt mechanism? I've had him target me multiple times despite having the taunt red glow around him (procced by my Decoy Totem). The same happens on the Plaza boss, so I imagine the potential bypass/break is attached to the skill, and not the bosses.

2. Do "when hit" effects (e.g. Punishment) apply when the character blocks?

3. Does AOE radius only increase in integer increments? I.e. if a dagger cyclone has +10% AOE, will the resultant radius be 7 or 7.7?

4. How does Powerful Precision interact with Tornado Shot? If the initial projectile lands 120 units away, do the secondary projectiles start off with zero chance to pierce or 100% chance to pierce?
Last edited by sherkhan on Jun 24, 2016, 1:53:15 AM
Question about the new unique Hiltless

The unique have the following line on it "Enemies you attack reflect 100 physical damage to you"

How exactly is that handled, I'm assuming having high armor reduces the damage since its physical and if we take increased damage like the berserker with Aspect of Carnage the 100 physical dmg will also increase.

However what about dodge/evasion can we dodge the damage completely or is it guaranteed to hit us?


And just a bonus question, what if we have Lightning Coil the physical part will also be converted to lightning, just like any normal physical attack damage would? What if we convert some physical damage to lightning with our gear is that affected by it at all since it isn't really our own attack or is it?


Thank you for taking the time to answer!!
"Had they not taken my home with fire, I would not have taken their children." Witch -
Last edited by Rmpz on Jun 24, 2016, 2:23:27 AM
"
Rmpz wrote:
Question about the new unique Hiltless

The unique have the following line on it "Enemies you attack reflect 100 physical damage to you"

How exactly is that handled, I'm assuming having high armor reduces the damage since its physical and if we take increased damage like the berserker with Aspect of Carnage the 100 physical dmg will also increase.

However what about dodge/evasion can we dodge the damage completely or is it guaranteed to hit us?


Reflected damage can be avoided. Your evasion will be checked (vs your own accuracy, I believe), as well as dodge - to see whether the reflected hit lands.


"
And just a bonus question, what if we have Lightning Coil the physical part will also be converted to lightning, just like any normal physical attack damage would? What if we convert some physical damage to lightning with our gear is that affected by it at all since it isn't really our own attack or is it?


After you take the damage, it's modified by your resists, etc. So 100 physical damage would come in as 70 physical, 30 lightning. The physical would be modified by EC/AR, the lightning by lighres to figure out what your net dmg taken would be.

Your damage conversion (e.g. Hrimsorrow) would not affect the incoming damage at all.
Last edited by sherkhan on Jun 24, 2016, 3:27:57 AM
So, Mark!

I was wondering if the new Taunt mechanic (10% less damage taken part) + Decoy Totem helps against Porcupine death needles. My guess is no, with justification as the combination of these two facts, the 1st my guess, and the 2nd one you have confirmed:

1. One effect of the Taunt debuff is the granting of a stat that essentially reads "Deal 10% less Damage to Targets-that-are-not-X"
2. Damage can only be calculated at time of Hit
Conclusion. At time of Hit, porcupine is dead and cannot have Taunt debuff, and thus cannot have a deal-less-damage stat. Taunt 10% mitigation is not applied against Porcupine death needles.

I'm hoping the conclusion is wrong and Taunt can actually modify the base damage of the death-needle skill itself, allowing it to have less base damage at time of porcupine death, and persist until time of Hit. But that's probably wrong.

Similarly, wondering if Taunt mechanic would reduce Volatile Xblood and similar modifiers.

My guess would be yes, with justification of same fact 1 above, plus fact 3, which I think you have confirmed:

3. Damage calculation for Volatile Xblood and other on-Death effects is completed before the entity is removed from the game world
Conclusion. Having an entity that is not You taunt an enemy with Volatile Xblood will help you take 10% less damage from the explosion if you're near it

EDIT: Apologies if these have already been asked and answered somewhere
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues, or techsupport@grindinggear.com for technical support! Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Jun 24, 2016, 5:20:46 AM
"
sherkhan wrote:
3. Does AOE radius only increase in integer increments? I.e. if a dagger cyclone has +10% AOE, will the resultant radius be 7 or 7.7?
4. How does Powerful Precision interact with Tornado Shot? If the initial projectile lands 120 units away, do the secondary projectiles start off with zero chance to pierce or 100% chance to pierce?

Radius is an integer value, yes.
Tornado Shot's split projectiles are a continuation of the original projectile. 0%.
I only forgot to ask for three days straight, but: Spark has a re-arm time of 1000 milliseconds. What exactly does this mean?

When a Spark volley hits an enemy, no other Spark in that volley can hit the same enemy; no shotgunning allowed. Does it take 1000 milliseconds before that volley can hit the same target again? (guess: yes)
In the past, a spark that bounces erased its memory. Does that still happen? (guess: no)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info