Mechanical Questions Thread

One thing I've been curious about for a while is how more multipliers stack up together, when from different sources.

Lets say you are a bezerker, and have the 40% more damage from it (forget the name). Then you go ahead and get another 20% more damage from 5 frenzy charges.

Are these two simply added together to make 1.6x damage, or are they multiplied together to result in 1.68x damage.

Thank you for the answer!
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
SirDragos wrote:
Vortex says "Modifiers to Spell Damage apply to this skill's Damage Over Time."
Doe this mean that ANY DoT effect created by the skill is modified by spell damage or just the AoE ground effect it creates?
Example: If I support Vortex with Cold to Fire, is the burn it creates modified by spell damage? (It is not typically for other skills that can burn.)

It applies to all Damage over Time applied by the Skill. Essence Drain does the same thing with Poison :) This interaction makes Conflux pretty dang intense.

Is it confirmed by GGG somewhere?
IGN: Freeeeez | /u/Freeeeez
How does Assassin's Ambush interact with spells like Firestorm that roll crit when you cast them? Do spells like these just not benefit from this keystone?
If a weapon has a mod "Adds #-# Fire Damage to Spells", do all spell and fire damage modifiers apply to that added damage?
And, in case the spell is projectile-based, would that damage be added to each projectile?

For example if my Incinerate spell gets 30-50 added fire damage from my equipped weapon and I am running with 100% increased spell damage, would each projectile deal now 60-100 extra fire damage?
"
Rowanbladex wrote:
One thing I've been curious about for a while is how more multipliers stack up together, when from different sources.

Lets say you are a bezerker, and have the 40% more damage from it (forget the name). Then you go ahead and get another 20% more damage from 5 frenzy charges.

Are these two simply added together to make 1.6x damage, or are they multiplied together to result in 1.68x damage.

Thank you for the answer!

Multiplied. 1.4*1.2 = 1.68x
IGN: TsuruyaNyro
Hi, I have some questions about LA.

What does represent the DPS shown on the skill stats ? Is it DPS per projectile or total DPS if you hit every arrow on the same target ?

And finally, how does the AoE works ? Is it inculded in the DPS, or is there an additional damage to calculate ?

Does the AoE proc on every target it pierces, or does it only proc on the last hit (= no pierce hit)?

In this case, pierce isn't very effective on LA, because AoE will pretty much only touch the mobs behind the ones that you aim (if you got a high pierce chance), am I right ? You can even never proc the AoE if you have 100% pierce chance, am I right ?

TY for answering a newbie :)
The DPS display assumes you hit once.
Lightning Arrow's pseudo-AoE triggers on each Hit.
heyhey,
I have two question to Elemental Conflux and the interaction with Traps. Is it right that when I have the buff the trap will apply the shock, ignite and chill, is this how it suppose to work? And secondly, when I kill something with degen, so like the southbound gloves trick, you have a skill that poisons and you use the gloves, now the degen will kill it and you receive the conflux buff, is this suppose to work like it is now?

Would really appreciate an answer, because I don't want to make a build around a mechanic, which relies on a bug and get fixed in the future^^
I know crits tend to be all-or-nothing in this game, but does that hold true with Cyclone?

Say I cast it far enough away that my character's going to spin 5 times for 10 total hits. Is the crit check of the first hit going to determine whether or not the next 9 hits crit? Or is each spin (and thus every other hit) checked separately? I'm assuming checking each individual hit is definitely not how it works.
https://redd.it/p0hyul
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
dth3flash wrote:
How does Mjölner with 3 discharges, Juggernaut (Unrelenting), Voll's Devotion, Romira's Banquet (and Resolute Technique/Voll's Protector) work?

Assuming starting from zero charges, and only a single enemy, within discharge range, which never dies (and taking the Resolute Technique option as it's easier to describe)
1) You hit with Mjölner, with a non-critical hit.
2) You gain a power charge.
3) First discharge triggers.
- 3a) Discharge calculates damage, based on your one power charge.
- 3b) Discharge consumes all charges.
- 3c) You lost a power charge, so gain an endurance charge, which is replaced by you gaining your maximum number of endurance charges.
- 3d) Discharge deals damage, hitting the enemy, with a non-critical hit.
- 3e) You gain a power charge.
4) Second discharge triggers.
- 4a) Discharge calculates damage, based on your one power charge and maximum number of endurance charges.
- 4b) Discharge consumes all charges.
- 4c) You lost a power charge, so gain an endurance charge, which is replaced by you gaining your maximum number of endurance charges.
- 4d) Discharge deals damage, hitting the enemy, with a non-critical hit.
- 4e) You gain a power charge.
5) Third discharge triggers.
- 5a-e) Same as the second Discharge.
6) You currently have one power charge, and your maximum number of endurance charges, and have finished your attack.

Does it really work like this? From some testing I've done it seems that step 2) comes after 5e).
If I hit enemies with default attack when I already have charges (Mjölner with 3 discharges, Voll's Devotion, Romira's Banquet and Resolute Technique) and they don't die I am always left with 2 power charges. 1 from the default attack and 1 from the 3rd discharge. Also if I hit enemies without any charges I will get the power charge from Romira's but discharge will never proc.
Last edited by Timza7 on Apr 5, 2017, 3:29:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info