Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Illviljan wrote:
I was wondering about Glitterdisc and its chance to Avoid Fire Damage. How does it work?
When calculating a hit of damage against you, if it would deal fire damage, you have a chance to not have that damage happen.
"
Illviljan wrote:
Is it similar to dodge but works against secondary damage as well?
It's quite dissimilar to dodge - dodge prevents hits, avoiding damage stops some of the damage of a hit. You still will be hit (even if only for 0 damage). They apply in different ways, at different times. It applies to any hit.
"
Illviljan wrote:
How are you categorizing these mechanics that averts damage (evade, dodge, avoid, etc.)?
I don't know what you mean by this.

"
Lordsidro wrote:
Why does Melee Damage on Full Life not actually scale "melee" damage. It currently only scales Melee "physical" damage. Shouldn't the support be renamed Melee "Physical" Damage on Full Life? Alternatively make it scale all melee damage on full life. It would be really fun and cool to do melee elemental CI attackers.
Support names are indicative in general of what they do. They are explicitly not supposed to be full descriptions of exactly how they work. That's what the stat descriptions on the support are for.

"
AllDevourer wrote:
I heard that monsters do have some amount of base armor, even without the blue "Armored" mod. Is that true?
Yes.
"
AllDevourer wrote:
Could we know how high is it?
Not really. That depends on all kinds of factors. If I tried to list armour values for every monster at each level they could spawn at, the list would be out of date before I finished it.
"
AllDevourer wrote:
Does any type of a monster have some kind of % increased armor, so that for example, the 300-350 additional base armor it gets from a Skullhead if it's raised as a Spectre is in reality something more
Not inherently, no.

"
AllDevourer wrote:
Do monsters have passive trees of their own?
No. Monsters do not have passives.
"
AllDevourer wrote:
For example, do Undying Grapplers have something like "200% increased life, 100% increased lightning damage" from their tree, and as such the damage they deal with Discharge is at it's highest when Power Charges are being Discharged?
Monster's skills may have such damage modifiers. In addtion, monsters get increased life and damage (among other modifiers) for being magic/rare/unique, and get increased life based on the number of players in the party.

"
Ruisleipa wrote:
Does "Singularity" unique items hinder effect boost detonate dead damage?
Yes.
"
Ruisleipa wrote:
DoesIf so, is it only for initial hit or also double dip from burn?
Only the hit. Modifiers that are conditional on some state of the enemy cannot affect damage over time.
Hi, i made my RF vortex (not blade vortex! That new vortex) build. I choose pyre ring to convert all cold dmg from vortex to fire. After putting that ring, i still does not see any changes in tooltip (in damage over time, that normal dmg is converting normaly). Is that a bug ? And second think, if it will convert that dot cold dmg into fire, will burning dmg affect that dot ?
"
NightMareeee wrote:
Hi, i made my RF vortex (not blade vortex! That new vortex) build. I choose pyre ring to convert all cold dmg from vortex to fire. After putting that ring, i still does not see any changes in tooltip (in damage over time, that normal dmg is converting normaly). Is that a bug ? And second think, if it will convert that dot cold dmg into fire, will burning dmg affect that dot ?

DoT won't be converted. It currently can't.

Edit: Actually, a Question:

Will multipliers apply before or after applicable limits?
If I have, f.Ex., high block, and I pick Acrobatics, will it lessen the block after I hit the block limit, or before, aka, could I sort of "overcap" block rate to keep more than 51% with Acrobatics?
How about Spell-Block when generated from regular Block rate, like with Reckless Defense or Gladiator, in interaction with the above?
Thank you.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Last edited by UnDeaD_CyBorG on Jun 22, 2016, 11:38:56 AM
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
"
NightMareeee wrote:

DoT won't be converted. It currently can't.

Edit: Actually, a Question:

Will multipliers apply before or after applicable limits?
If I have, f.Ex., high block, and I pick Acrobatics, will it lessen the block after I hit the block limit, or before, aka, could I sort of "overcap" block rate to keep more than 51% with Acrobatics?
How about Spell-Block when generated from regular Block rate, like with Reckless Defense or Gladiator, in interaction with the above?
Thank you.

After.

Lets say you have 100% block. Normally you'd be capped at 75%(78% with anvil)
With acrobatics, you'd have 70% block.

I'm not sure if the reduction to block "Double dips" but I think it doesn't.
If you have 100% block, and from that get 100% spell block, i think you end up with 70% block and 70% spell block.

Testing insufficient.
IGN: TsuruyaNyro
Last edited by Suzumiyaharuhi on Jun 23, 2016, 9:17:04 AM
Hold on, what? Your words and your calculations directly contradict each other.

Based on what I've heard multiple times, the truth is after, i.e. with 9999% additional chance to block, with Acrobatics, you get 52% final block chance or 54% with anvil.

Probably doesn't double dip, yeah, I'd agree.

100% -> 70% final is consistent with applying multipler before limit, so I'm not sure which side you're actually saying is right.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
does hatred aura and added fire support gem double dip on stats like trap damage, minion damage, projectile damage, meaning that those stats increase both the physical portion of the hit and the % added cold / fire?
Last edited by heiderhof on Jun 22, 2016, 3:03:19 PM
Last league, I was playing a sunblast trapper (100% reduced trap duration), and I wasn't sure if I needed clever construction, so I specced out of it and threw some traps on burning ground. They still exploded, so I assumed that I didn't need clever construction, and left myself specced out of it. I never had any other problems on that character, but I didn't play him for very much longer.

This league, I'm playing another sunblast trapper, and I can VERY clearly see my traps dying to almost any ground effect. Was a change made? Was my testing last league done incorrectly?
What do you mean by double dip? In this game, a given modifier can only ever apply to a Hit once. By that definition, nothing can ever double dip on Hits.

Minion, trap, and projectile damage would mainly provide the benefit of "whole-dipping" over "half-dipping" in that case, not "double" over "single," i.e., the physical, fire, and cold portion all get to benefit from your bonus (once)

E.g. you have 100 base phys, add 30 as cold and 30 as fire, that's 160 base damage, and 100% more projectile damage would double that to 320 damage dealt (also can be calculated as 100 × 2.00 + 30 × 2.00 + 30 × 2.00; distributive property for the win!)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
If a kill with an AOE skill linked to poison procs Profane Bloom's or Oblieration's chaos explosion, can the chaos explosion proc poison also?
Last edited by Sonto on Jun 22, 2016, 3:47:08 PM
I was wondering, since Commander of Darkness is worded as
"Auras you Cast grant 10% increased Damage to you and Allies
Auras you Cast grant 5% increased Attack and Cast Speed to you and Allies
You and Allies affected by your Auras have +20% to all Elemental Resistances", shouldn't the bonus affect a spell totem twice if the aura is defensive?

I thought that theoretically a totem would receive double the bonus, because they are considered allies. For example if I have Discipline on (defense aura), I would receive 5% increased cast speed which would be applied to my totem, and then since my aura also affects my totem it would receive 5% cast speed for a total of 10% increased cast speed.
However, at least based upon the tooltip, this doesn't appear to be the case. When I cast an aura, I receive the buffs, but when I place the totem the tooltip doesn't change even though I'd assumed it would.

Is this intended, or should I be able to "double-dip" with the aura bonuses of Commander of Darkness?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info