Mechanical Questions Thread

I have a question about Ice Crash: Since it does (170-208)% of Base Damage you need to get 170-208% of Physical Damage converted to X Element to make it all Elemental Damage? Or with 100% of Physical Damage converted to X Elemental Damage it becomes all Elemental Damage?
Last edited by Vexdrel on Oct 5, 2017, 6:09:29 PM
hey mark GG BTW. Does lightning strike projectiles applied intimidate from the champion ascendancy ?
"
Vexdrel wrote:
I have a question about Ice Crash: Since it does (170-208)% of Base Damage you need to get 170-208% of Physical Damage converted to X Element to make it all Elemental Damage? Or with 100% of Physical Damage converted to X Elemental Damage it becomes all Elemental Damage?

You only need to Convert 100% of that 170-208% to Elemental in order to deal exclusively Elemental Damage, not 200%+ :P
"
DrewSprintall wrote:
Does lightning strike projectiles applied intimidate from the champion ascendancy ?

Yep; First to Strike, Last to Fall applies to all Hits, and LS' Projectiles do Hit.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Oct 6, 2017, 8:19:09 AM
Jewel offers mods: of Resilience
(Minion resistance)
Almost useless, it is stupid, it almost completely lost the functionality, it should, be sure to be added part of the minion element damage (like Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance Support)

Jewel提供的mods:of Resilience
(爪牙抗性)
近乎無用化了,這很愚蠢,它幾乎完全喪失了功能性,它應該、務必被添加上部分爪牙元素傷害(如同Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance Support)

I wish your a wonderful day, love your, my dear GGG.

祝你們有美好的一天,愛你們,我親愛的GGG。
Thanks for the answer <3
Hi Mark and team thank you for the great game! Anyways got some questions.

If I have hawmophilia gloves and I use lightning strike, will the bleed only apply to the initial hit or will the projectiles also apply bleed?

If I have chain on that lightning strike and elemental proliferation then even if I don’t crit I have 20% chance to shock right? How can I tell if I shocked an enemy? Also lets say I shocked the first enemy I hit, does that mean that the second hit will do more damage because of the shock? Then since the first hit shocked does that mean that the projectiles will 100% cause shock because lightning strike says that if the firdt hit does not miss then the projectiles will not miss? or will the game roll 20% chance from elemental proliferation to shock and since it is being chained will it roll again for a 20% chance to shock each time it chains to something else? Lets say I also have herald of fire and added fire damage on that lightning strike and I shocked the enemies and ignited them would they take increased damage over time from the burn damage because they are shocked? Also since there is elemental proliferation does that mean if one is affected by burn and shock then whoever monster they are close to in a radius of 10, will 100% get thr ailment? Also if the projectiles would also apply bleed and I hit them with shock and ignite and chained all of the three then would the shock increase DOT of bleed and burn, if it indeed does work like that? Will each chain roll for each application of the ailments each chain? Like reallly a second and third set of shock and burn and bleed? I think elemental proliferation would automatically add the shock and burn because of the way it is worded and not bleed.

Also which will do more damage over time? Gems that say increased duration or damage over time?

Shock is like bleed in the way that the DOT is determined by the initial hit?

Which will cause more damage to the mobs in the scenario’s I described above: vulnerability, elemental weakness, conductivity or flammability in terms of DOT damage or just overall which curse would be the most beneficial?

Would ruthless support be the best in slot for a 6 link since the third hit does the most damage if bleed and shock does base it DOT on the initial hit? Right now I have added fire damage, multistrike, lightning strike, elemental proliferation, faster attacks and chain/ruthless support

I have the other support gems like unbound ailments and the other ones like that on the side and I am trying to figurr out which combination would do the most damage once all the gems are level 20 and I use elemental weakness and I have a support gem on groundslam to cause bleed.

I appreciate any help because its hard to tell how these things interact on the build I just started making. If you have any suggestions on how to make it better that would be great, my other character is currently struggling to do maps cuz lack of gear so I figured I would make a tanky raider to farm gear for my other character. Thank you very much.
"God does not conform to your imagination"
- Me
"Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
- The Lord (John 14:6)
"
I appreciate any help

Good! Some people refuse to listen to anybody but a gold border.

"

If I have hawmophilia gloves and I use lightning strike, will the bleed only apply to the initial hit or will the projectiles also apply bleed?

Both the initial hit and projectiles are considered Attack Damage (one way you can tell is that the skill doesn't have a Spell tag and doesn't have any base damage listed, so it must use your weapon's base damage), so both parts are able to inflict Bleeding. Be wary that you can't inflict zero-damage Bleeding, which means that if you have 100% physical to lightning conversion, you can't apply Bleeding.

"
If I have chain on that lightning strike and elemental proliferation then even if I don’t crit I have 20% chance to shock right?

Yes

Beware that like with Bleed, if you have less than 1% Shock Effect (as determined by Lightning Damage per Hit divided by enemy's maximum Life, times 5, to a maximum of 50%), you can't Shock an enemy.

"
How can I tell if I shocked an enemy?

There's a graphical effect where the enemy sparks.

Spoiler

(courtesy of the wiki)

"
Also lets say I shocked the first enemy I hit, does that mean that the second hit will do more damage because of the shock?

Yes
"
Then since the first hit shocked does that mean that the projectiles will 100% cause shock because lightning strike says that if the firdt hit does not miss then the projectiles will not miss?

No, Chance to Shock is a different mechanic from Chance to Hit

"
or will the game roll 20% chance from elemental proliferation to shock and since it is being chained will it roll again for a 20% chance to shock each time it chains to something else?

Something like that. Chance to Shock is rolled per hit.

"
Lets say I also have herald of fire and added fire damage on that lightning strike and I shocked the enemies and ignited them would they take increased damage over time from the burn damage because they are shocked?

Yes

"
Also since there is elemental proliferation does that mean if one is affected by burn and shock then whoever monster they are close to in a radius of 10, will 100% get thr ailment?

Yes, pretty much. Proliferation is a bit strange, it doesn't exactly spread per se - it radiates its effect to nearby monsters. So if Bob and Carl are your enemies, and you hit Bob and Shock and Ignite them, Carl will then be under the effect of Bob's Shock and Ignite. Carl will take fire damage over time and increased damage just like Bob does. However, if Bob moves away, or if you kill Bob and eat his corpse, then Carl won't suffer from Shock and Ignite anymore. You can also Shock and Ignite both Bob and Carl at the same time, at which point the stronger effect will be active and the less strong effects won't be active, and if you kill Bob and eat his corpse, Carl will still have his own Shock and Ignite to suffer from.

"
Also if the projectiles would also apply bleed and I hit them with shock and ignite and chained all of the three then would the shock increase DOT of bleed and burn, if it indeed does work like that?

Yes
"
Will each chain roll for each application of the ailments each chain? Like reallly a second and third set of shock and burn and bleed?

Yes, as I described in two separate sections above - each Hit rolls for a new application, but only the strongest application takes place - Shock, Ignite, and Bleed are not stackable effects by default.

"
I think elemental proliferation would automatically add the shock and burn because of the way it is worded and not bleed.

Bleeding is not an Elemental Status Ailment, right. Proliferation only does its "automatically add" thing if you succeed at Shocking or Igniting one of the enemies.

"
Also which will do more damage over time? Gems that say increased duration or damage over time?

Increased Duration don't increase the damage per second of damage over time effects.

"
Shock is like bleed in the way that the DOT is determined by the initial hit?

Yes, sort of. See above for shock effect calculation.

"
Which will cause more damage to the mobs in the scenario’s I described above: vulnerability, elemental weakness, conductivity or flammability in terms of DOT damage or just overall which curse would be the most beneficial?

Would ruthless support be the best in slot for a 6 link since the third hit does the most damage if bleed and shock does base it DOT on the initial hit? Right now I have added fire damage, multistrike, lightning strike, elemental proliferation, faster attacks and chain/ruthless support

I have the other support gems like unbound ailments and the other ones like that on the side and I am trying to figurr out which combination would do the most damage once all the gems are level 20 and I use elemental weakness and I have a support gem on groundslam to cause bleed.

If you have any suggestions on how to make it better that would be great, my other character is currently struggling to do maps cuz lack of gear so I figured I would make a tanky raider to farm gear for my other character. Thank you very much.

Mark_GGG, the original thread author, says in his opening post that he's not going to answer "what is better"-type questions.

However since I've already written up this huge post I can go back and address some of your questions of that type.

Increased Duration will only increase your DPS from DoTs if those DoTs can stack in some way - so, by default, only Poison, although Bleeding can have this effect and Ignite to a lesser extent. There's a Keystone that lets you stack up to 8 bleeds on an enemy, and a couple effects that allow you to stack +1 ignite on an enemy, for I believe a maximum of 3 or 4. (2 or 3 for Lightning Strike).

Since each of the effects you were describing is more or less based on specific damage types of initial hit, I don't think going for everything at once is a good strategy - when you convert Physical to Lightning, your Shocks get stronger (or are allowed to be applied in the first place), but your Bleeding gets weaker. If I were in your situation I would probably:
  • drop the Haemophilia to focus on elemental damage instead
  • Use: Lightning Strike - Physical to Lightning - Faster Attacks - Multistrike - Lightning Penetration - Elemental Damage with Attacks

though your mileage may vary. Herald of Ash is fine to keep since added-as occurs in the same step as conversion and calculates in the same way.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Oct 7, 2017, 3:31:52 PM
Hi. I am whichdoctor and I have a character Shrap__Shooter who uses trap support with shrapnel shot and also with blast rain and a Chin Sol bow. I believe that even though I use traps they are still considered attacks. I have not been getting the .4% attack dmg life leech with Blood Drinker and I am considering other passives like vitality void and spirit void. Please help.
Thanks for the answer i dont know how to tag u so i hope u see this lol
"God does not conform to your imagination"
- Me
"Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
- The Lord (John 14:6)
"
whichdoctor wrote:
Hi. I am whichdoctor and I have a character Shrap__Shooter who uses trap support with shrapnel shot and also with blast rain and a Chin Sol bow. I believe that even though I use traps they are still considered attacks. I have not been getting the .4% attack dmg life leech with Blood Drinker and I am considering other passives like vitality void and spirit void. Please help.

Traps are considered their own entities, like Totems. This means that the Traps are leeching life to themselves, not you.

"
Thanks for the answer i dont know how to tag u so i hope u see this lol

No problem, I stalk this thread a lot :)
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info