Mechanical Questions Thread

"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
1. How does the slow from Chill and Temporal Chains interact?
Does it stack multiplicatively, additively or not at all?

They're multiplicative.

"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
2. Since Dying Breath increases the effect of curses on enemies by 18%, does that mean it is multiplied by the curse effect?

Dying Breath grants the exact same modifier as Curse passives, namely "Increased Effect of Curses". It stacks additively, as such.

"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
3. There is the "Unbound Ailments" support gem in the Beta that increases the effect of ailments on enemies, does that only apply to DoTs or also to chill and shock?
Also, if it does, would it increase the effect if chill/shock weren't caused directly, but through ground effects like Vaal Lightning Trap or Arctic Breath?

1. Yes. Shock and Chill are also ailments.
2. Dunno, sorry.

"
muir wrote:
If one player has a lower damage Caustic Arrow with high rarity/quant, and another has a high damage ED/Contagion, what determines who gets the kill credit?

The first-applied DoT that is still in effect when the monster dies gets the kill.
A questions about shrapnel shot:

1) Does concentrated effect affect both the cone and arrow of shrapnel shot?
2) How does point blank interact with cone of shrapnel shot? Is the distance calculated still as a distance from player to monster or is it always zero distance?
3) How does 3.0 drillneck 50% inc. arrow dmg which pierces a target interacts with shrapnel shot cone?
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!
"
Filousov wrote:
A questions about shrapnel shot:

1) Does concentrated effect affect both the cone and arrow of shrapnel shot?
2) How does point blank interact with cone of shrapnel shot? Is the distance calculated still as a distance from player to monster or is it always zero distance?
3) How does 3.0 drillneck 50% inc. arrow dmg which pierces a target interacts with shrapnel shot cone?

1. Just the cone.

2. Distance from player to monster.

3. Cone also does projectile damage and counts as having 100% pierce chance, it will get the same increased damage bonus from drillneck as the arrow.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Hi Mark,
I have a question about the stun mechanic. So my character have 56% stun and block recovery, if I reach 100% stun and block recovery is that mean that my character will avoid any interruptions from stun, I mean will be immune to stun?

I will be happy like an angel if I know the answer!
Best wishes! :)

The Holy Bible
"
Scryer16 wrote:
Hi Mark,
I have a question about the stun mechanic. So my character have 56% stun and block recovery, if I reach 100% stun and block recovery is that mean that my character will avoid any interruptions from stun, I mean will be immune to stun?

I'm not Mark, but the x% increased stun and block recovery modifier is a speed modifier, meaning actually the formula is 1/x, aka 100% increased recovery is 1 / (100% + 100%) = stun duration is 1/2 base, 200% increased recovery is 1 / (100% + 200%) = 1/3 base duration, and so on

What you might prefer looking for is the "x% chance to avoid stun" modifier, which I believe gives you practical immunity to stun if you get 100%.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"
Scryer16 wrote:
Hi Mark,

I'm not Mark, but the x% increased stun and block recovery modifier is a speed modifier, meaning actually the formula is 1/x, aka 100% increased recovery is 1 / (100% + 100%) = stun duration is 1/2 base, 200% increased recovery is 1 / (100% + 200%) = 1/3 base duration, and so on

What you might prefer looking for is the "x% chance to avoid stun" modifier, which I believe gives you practical immunity to stun if you get 100%.

Thank you very much for your replay! I apriciated that! I tought that, if I reach 100% stun and block recovery, the interruptions from stuns will not apply, but 1/2 reduction of the stun duration is also not bad!
Thanks for explaining me the mechanic!
The Holy Bible
Last edited by Scryer16 on Jul 10, 2017, 1:29:00 AM
Can labyrinth only uniques like Death's door crusader boots be chanced?
how does this new support gem http://cb.poedb.tw/us/gem.php?n=Ruthless+Support work with blade flurrys release ? does it mean i have a 30% chance that the release does more dmg or that only work with the normal attack
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
I was referred here from an email sent to GGG

Hello GGG

So i made a ticket on Reddit to start a discussion about an issue that i found, none really understood me and i got burried. So instead il send it directly to you guys.

When i picked up Pain reaver for one of my characters in latest week race i looked at the character stats.

The following struck me;

The point itself is really simple 1% dual leech and then an additional 2% when killed recently. That's all fine

The problem is when you look at the real ingame stats. If i deal only physical and fire damage i get 1% leech from each, that is whatever teh case always 1% leech for my total damage total, that's great. But there is this line i marked below that mentioned ANY damage as well.

There is no "ANY" for mana

Any in this case whould mean all kind of damage, so that includes life and phys. a straight up normal leech. But that means that i whould get a total of 2% life leech base, and then a total of 6% when killed recently.

this used the logic; if i get leech from phys dmg, then general leech (duellist area) and if i happen to deal only phys, my total leech is the total of both of these values.

Any chance that one of you ppl can look into this, I mean there might be a reason that none talks about it, it is a positive "bug" for us so to speak... but right should be right...

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Pain_Reaver

//Nivius
IGN: Nivius
Ty for scam <3
Last edited by Nivius on Jul 11, 2017, 2:48:52 AM
Hi Mark,

I was directed to this thread by CJ at GGG for a question about Righteous Fire TOTEM damage and the ability to calculate it. I have been EVERYWHERE on the web, spreadsheets, etc and I can't pin down how to calculate my DPS. When I hover over the tool tip for RF Totem, it only gives a cast time.

Please tell me there is somewhere you can point me to determine my DPS. Many people's calculators deal with RF as if THEY were running it THEMSELVES and not for a totem. I'm in despair!! I need to know my DPS!!

Thank you!
SimplyChieftan

PS: This would be an EXCELLENT addition to 3.0 if you could include the running DPS for RF Totems!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info