Mechanical Questions Thread

Hii mark, A question regarding Aura effectiveness and Item-granted auras, like the ones from Dying breath, Leer cast and Victario's Flight. U probably can see it coming now, but since Aura effect applies to the commander of darkness bonusses (the damage and attack/cast speed that is), I was wondering if it also applied to item auras, like the ones mentioned (or possibly even other ascendancy granted auras, like Inspirational from champion?)
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
"
Fyndel wrote:
how does this new support gem http://cb.poedb.tw/us/gem.php?n=Ruthless+Support work with blade flurrys release ? does it mean i have a 30% chance that the release does more dmg or that only work with the normal attack

Chance modifiers always roll on a per-Hit basis. I can't imagine the Ruthless Support functioning different with no explicit mention as such.

"
leary93 wrote:
Hii mark, A question regarding Aura effectiveness and Item-granted auras, like the ones from Dying breath, Leer cast and Victario's Flight. U probably can see it coming now, but since Aura effect applies to the commander of darkness bonusses (the damage and attack/cast speed that is), I was wondering if it also applied to item auras, like the ones mentioned (or possibly even other ascendancy granted auras, like Inspirational from champion?)

Increased Effect modifiers for Auras all specify "non-Curse Auras you Cast". Items from Auras or Passives are not Cast by you, and thus are unaffected by Increased Aura Effect.
Commander of Darkness applies its Damage/Speed bonuses to Auras that you Cast - CoD's bonuses become part of the Aura, as opposed to being a separate effect. That's why these two modifiers also scale with Aura Effect :)
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 11, 2017, 4:42:25 PM
Tala Moana, warriors!

Me and my friend often farm uber lab together. And it seems to us that partying makes 4 keys uber lab farm less profitable.

For example, when I run Uber Lab alone, I open 4 chests and get 10 gems with 20% quality from one of chests.

When me and my friend do the same run, we get the same 10 gems with 20% quality, but divided for two of us. So me and him get 5 gems each.

I read that items drop in a map is better for a party member (considering for +10% increased item quantity and 40% increased item rarity for each person in a party). But I don't feel it works in the same way when opening Uber Lab Chests.

Looking forward to hear your thoughts on it.
Hi, I have a question about Deidbell/Deidbellow.

I was just wondering if anyone knew exactly how the "cannot leech when on low life" works?
Does it shut down all leech, incl the instances you got before you got to low life, or just the instances you get while attacking at low life.
If it's the first, does the old leech instances disappear or would they continue if you regen or pot up above low life?
IGN Hardcore: Muppman
IGN Beyond: TheTrueAuraBitch or BlixtarOchDunder
Hi Mark, I have a question about Abyssus and volatile mobs. I have a sneaking suspicion that Abyssus is scaling the elemental damage taken by volatile mobs. I made a reddit post about it (https://tinyurl.com/y9ymzz2p), but I thought this would be the best place to ask.

I tank all volatile mobs without Abyssus on, and get rekt as soon as I stick on Abyssus. Please can you tell me if my theory about the calculation is correct?

My theory; cannot prove ofc but:

Without abyssus; you see a volatile mob, if you get hit by its default attack its 1000 physical damage say, so the volatile calculation is, for example, 2.5x 1000 = 2500 damage

With abyssus; you see a volatile mob, if you get hit by its default attack its 1000 physical damage say, but oh, you wearing an abyssus, that defaul attack damage is now 1400, and the volatile calculation goes, 2.5x 1400 = 3500

This is making sense to me, and from experience, this seems to be what is happening.
Hello!

I have a question in regards to the fated unique Cragfall and its relation to the Slayer Ascendancy passive "Overwhelm." The passive has a mod that says "20% chance to double stun duration" and Cragfall has a mod that says "50% chance to double stun duration." Most other things in the game that read like this are added together, so my intuition tells me it should equate to a 70% total chance to double stun duration. Do they work this way? Or do the mods give you a 50% chance to double stun and then another 20% chance to double it again?

Also, while I am posting here, I made the assumption that Temporal chains increases the duration of stuns because it says "temporary effects expire slower." Is this also the case?

Thanks
I'm new to writing in forums so hopefully this is the correct location for this question. Thanks for being so interactive Mark.

I'm curious if shocking yourself is damaging yourself. I'm thinking of combining Malachai's Loop (Shocks you for 4 seconds on reaching Maximum Power Charges) with Elementalist skill Paragon of Calamity. I'm likely not wording my searches correctly but I'm having a hard time finding anything with the combo online. I'm guessing that shocking myself is not considered damaging myself, but considering the complexity of the game and character building, I'd like to know for sure instead of guess.

Thanks for your time, even if it's not to respond to this post. I appreciate all the answers you and your team have given me in other searches I've made.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
sherkhan wrote:

1. Do uniques and bosses have different evasion / armor values than regular monster?

This is largely unknown and isn't a simple thing to extract from the game's data files. Vipermagi once told me that someone tested monster armour rating somewhat during the 0.9 era during open beta, and found that most monsters have so little that it might as well be zero.

However, a lot has changed since then.

Another stat of pretty solid interest is monster accuracy values. Are the "estimated" chance to evade on our character sheet mostly accurate for monsters of the correct level? Or do monsters of different base types have more or less accuracy rating? No data.

I'm also interested in finding all these things out. It would take a bit of testing, and also since flat reduction is an unknown as well, the test isn't trivial. One possible method for testing armour rating and percent reduction is below:

Spoiler

Choose a bestiary entry or boss to be tested (has to be something without regen, doing it for types with regen is way too difficult)

Make ourselves a pure physical bow character with vaal pact just for this purpose.

Run the map white, and let the boss damage us. Then, we shoot it 20 times and record the amount we heal ourselves for each time we hit.

Now, swap in a bow that does lower damage. Repeat the same exercise.

Next you'd have to roll the map with "monsters have additional physical damage reduction". We need to collect data one more time on the boss from this map.

--

Three trials, two unknowns: armour rating and flat additional percent damage reduction.
When we're making estimates or solving equations using collected data (instead of exact known numbers) sometimes you need more than one equation per unknown to know whether or not your results were valid. That's why I expect to need the 3rd trial.

So you see, this is why nobody has gone to the effort of testing it :)
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Jul 14, 2017, 2:42:17 PM
Does the "100% increased global defenses" On the skin of the loyal also scale flask effects that add flat attributes? Like 3000 Evasion becomes 6000?
Hello, i have a question about combination of two unique rings.
How many staks of burning will recieve target, which will take burning from neighboring dead monster? And how will work these rings with Eficacy Support or Elemental Proliferation Support gems. Sry for bad english.
Last edited by Zzz.boy on Jul 15, 2017, 11:36:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info