Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Necronus2828 wrote:
If detonate dead isn't a spell (but a "cast" which do secondary damage), why is the gem able to be supported by spell echo?

Actually DD is a spell, it just doesn't deal spell damage. Sort of like how EA is an attack that doesn't deal attack damage. You'll notice that SRScan also be supported by spell echo. The confusing part is that DD doesn't have the spell tag but that was to ease confusion over the spell damage/secondary damage question. DD is just as much a spell as SRS or fireball.
Last edited by MannerPots on Jun 19, 2017, 12:37:01 PM
"
MannerPots wrote:
Does blocking a crit count as taking a crit? I know it doesn't count as taking damage, but the wiki says that blocking still counts as being hit.

Hmm, good question. I think yes, but iam not 100% sure.
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
"
MannerPots wrote:
"
Necronus2828 wrote:
If detonate dead isn't a spell (but a "cast" which do secondary damage), why is the gem able to be supported by spell echo?

Actually DD is a spell, it just doesn't deal spell damage. Sort of like how EA is an attack that doesn't deal attack damage. You'll notice that SRScan also be supported by spell echo. The confusing part is that DD doesn't have the spell tag but that was to ease confusion over the spell damage/secondary damage question. DD is just as much a spell as SRS or fireball.

Thank you all for your answers. I think they should show the spell tag, and put an explanation regarding the missing spell damage scaling. ^^

Another question, why is vengeance unable to be supported by fortify ?
I shall purify you in flame, noob of nightmare!
"
Necronus2828 wrote:

Another question, why is vengeance unable to be supported by fortify ?

Simply because it would be just to easy than, and would make the use of such skills mendatory. Thats why fortify support gem only works with active skillgems that you use.

"
sherkhan wrote:
If Decay is linked to Vortex, will spell damage modifiers affect Decay?

They current wording on Vortex (in beta) seems to imply they should, but in testing it seems spell damage modifiers have no effect on Decay.

Yes it should.
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
flame totem range is 100
siege ballsita totem detection range is 80
then why have much larger range ingame the siege ballista totem?

ty for the explaining
Dyadus
have "Enemies Chilled by you take 100% increased Burning Damage"
and "Chill Enemies for 1 second on Hit with this Weapon when in Off Hand"

wiki told increased Burning Damage effect only applies to enemies chilled directly by the player, notably not by the chilled ground effects

my question is

when i chill enemy by Dyadus (in Off Hand) but they are on chill ground

is Dyadus increased Burning Damage effect works ?

my old question
As far as I understand it, you can chill more than once, even though it does not stack (like bleed, the standard burn, freeze). If at least one chill is ticking on a monster, it is chilled. All chills are ticking at the same time. As long as at least one of the ticking chills is caused by the Dyadus in off hand, the moster takes 100% increased burning damage.

Btw. as far as know, the BURN does not even have to be caused by you...
I understand that things like critical strikes, accuracy, damage etc. are calculated when an attack or spell begins. If I throw an Ice Trap with the Cluster Trap support gem so that it throws four traps, is their critical hit chance calculated at the time the traps are thrown, or when the traps are triggered?

Do all four traps have the same critical roll (i.e. if one crits, they all crit) assuming no outside modifiers like Assassin's Mark are on the enemy?
IRON MAN
"
111derivi wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:
why do i keep getting stacks of bleeding/corrupting blood on me when i am playing summoner and not attacking anything?

If something dies from your DoTs, like ignite or poison, it's considered to be your kill. For example a totem casting flameblast, if the flameblast hit kills the corrupting bloodline monster, you won't take the bleed, but if it's ignite kills it, you will.

ahhh that makes sense now. it explains why it has never happened to my summoners before. first time i do a bleed/poison (dot) type of summoner.
Does the shaper of desolation in the witch elementalist ascendancy provide conflux from a pure phys damage source?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info