Mechanical Questions Thread

"
CupcakeKitty wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

"
CupcakeKitty wrote:
Can a rare monster naturally spawn with both Elemental Reflect and Physical Reflect at the same time? I know that there are different visual aura's to represent each one, but can a mob naturally have both at the same time?

I have never seen a Rare monster spawn with both.
Way back when, the Reflect mod was an Aura, and Rare monsters can only have one Aura. I believe Reflect still falls under this same category.

I'm looking for a response from a game developer. I have plenty of anecdotal evidence to suggest you can only spawn one at a time but is there some concrete evidence to this?

Monster mods and item mods have many similar features. Magic/Rare/Unique monsters are crafted monsters and they cant get 2 same type mod/aura. Only some mods like local attack/cast speed and aura speed mods can stack together like items (for example jewels can have 3 attack speed mods with different type of buff like -with x weapon type) but still they are different mod types.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
It'll be a long while until Mark gets around to recent questions.
Increased Effect Aura's (purity of fire/cold/lightning) summary to Increased Effect Flask (ruby/saphire/topaz) ?
Exapmle purity of fire take 5% max fire resi (23 lvl)
i have 41% inc effect aura's
my max fire resi inc to 7% and (+0,05%)
and ruby flask take 6% max fire resi
i have 83% inc effect flask (pathfinder + alchemist + unique jewel)
my max fire resi inc to 10% and (+0,98%)

My result resi was 17% or 18%?
7,05% + 10,98% = 18,03% (mechanics <---)
What exactly "lucky" in diamond flask means mechanically?
To elaborate:
What exactly happens if both rolls are crit?
Is it simple "OR" function of both rolls or is it more intricate?
Does game then checks numerical value of dmg dealt?
For example, if we use some lightning gem with HUUGE difference between min and max dmg (Arc).
Does game picks bigger damage number, or is damage rolled after we have our crit rolls finished?
"
Khornaar wrote:
What exactly "lucky" in diamond flask means mechanically?

It's quite simple, two Chance rolls are made and the better one is kept. It doesn't affect damage rolls.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
I am still new when it comes to some of the mechanics of this game, I recently switched this Devoto's

out for this Devoto's

yet my tooltip says my damage only went up from 51,300 to 52,900.

How does Increased Cyclone Damage work?
Question about resistances and penetration.

I am playing a Fire Burst Crit build (CI Elementalist), which procs the fire burst skill of the staff through ball lightning.

Due to the fact that i dont know how the resistance and penetration calculation works I am not sure if my setp is efficient.
The facts:

I use EE witch gives -50% fire res to mobs. (lightning dmg from ball lightning)
I curse the enemies with Ele Weakness witch is -39% fire res.
I also curse the enemies with flammability witch is -44% fire resist.

In total this gives the enemies -133% to fire resistance.
The first question is, what the basic resistances of monsters are and if I can reduce them below 0% similar to the players resis which can be below 0%?

Then I also use the Wise Oak flask witch gives 20% penetration to fire resistance.
I also use the fire penetration support gem for my fire burst skill witch gives 37% penetration.
And I will pick up Mastermind of Discord witch gives 25% penetration to fire resistance after using a lihtning skill (ball lightning).

This gives a total of 82% penetration to fire resistances.
My second question is, if it is efficient to have 82% pen if I already reduced the enemies resist by 133%?

How does all this get calculated in game?
I have some questions about Coruscating Elixir, Nullifiers, and how they interact.

All of the following questions assume Coruscating Elixir is active and you have 1 hp:
1.) If a Nullifier that does chaos damage hits you, do you die on the first hit or the second? In other words do your flask effects get removed first or does the damage happen first when you're hit by a Nullifier?
2.) If a poison on hit Nullifier hits you, you die, correct? Same for getting hit on desecrated ground or any area poison degen?

And some questions just about Nullifiers:
3.) Are there any restrictions about which monsters can be Nullifiers, or is it just any Nemesis monster? If it's any Nemesis monster, are there restrictions on what monsters can be Nemesis monsters?
4.) If a Nullifier's projectile chains, it still Nullifies, correct? Same for pierce or any other similar mechanic?
5.) Do "On Death" effects like Porcupine Goliath's spikes Nullify if the monster itself was a Nullifier?

I think it's unfortunate that the way Nullifiers potentially interact with Coruscating Elixir makes it difficult to effectively use in Hardcore, but this isn't a suggestion thread so I'll go post somewhere else about that. Thanks in advance for the help and answers!
Last edited by dellaint on Apr 23, 2017, 1:21:50 AM
What is the relationship between %increased area of effect and +x to weapon range for cyclone. I am trying to work out how i can get the maximum aoe for cyclone and as far as i can gather, atziri's disfavour would be my best weapon to use compared to ones with %increased area of effect like starforge.

Is there a formula we can use to work it out? Since i hear that the more %increased area of effect you get, the less effective it is.
"
Increased Effect Aura's (purity of fire/cold/lightning) summary to Increased Effect Flask (ruby/saphire/topaz) ?
My result resi was 17% or 18%?
7,05% + 10,98% = 18,03% (mechanics <---)

You get +7 from Purity and +10 from your Flask, for a total of +17%.

"
Goatseid123 wrote:
I am still new when it comes to some of the mechanics of this game, I recently switched this Devoto's[..]
How does Increased Cyclone Damage work?

Increased/Reduced type modifiers are all additive. You already have a lot of Increased Damage that applies to Cyclone, and the helmet Enchant simply adds onto this existing pile.

"
iWaffel wrote:
Question about resistances and penetration.

Monsters use the same systems as players; their Resistances also work the same, and can go negative, yes.
"
iWaffel wrote:
My second question is, if it is efficient to have 82% pen if I already reduced the enemies resist by 133%?

Efficient? Not really. The Pen alone would be plenty.
That's out of the realm of this thread though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info