Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Phagenius wrote:
So i have a question about the keystones elemental overload and pain attunement and how they interact with golem skills.
I have read that those keystone don't affect minion damage, is this correct? Also, do they affect minion skills (because those have a cooldown)

Those interactions don't have anything to do with cooldowns. The reason they don't interact is that the game developers originally wanted a sense of realism, or intuitive feeling of the game world, so they programmed minions as completely separate game entities from your character. Most people say this as "Minions are not You."

Thus, the only things that can affect any of your minions are:
1) Things that specifically say "Minion"
2) Support gems that can apply and are linked to the minions
3) Things that affect Allies (mostly, Auras)

there are no exceptions
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Hi! Can you confirm if the lifepoints of a lvl 20 flame totem are the same as a lvl 20 spell totem?
Old question 1:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
It's a known bug, GGG is looking into it.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1676002/page/180

Can you reply when the bug is about to be fixed?
------------------------------
New question 2:

helm: CwDT (lvl 10) + fireball (lvl 16)
chest: CwDT (lvl 1) + fireball (lvl 11)

How does both fireball skill interact together? Does the lvl 11 fireball put the lvl 16 fireball on cooldown? Does the lvl 10 trigger goes off when the cooldown is expired?
New question 3:
Discharge is casted with 6 endurance charges and 100 % ignite chance on one enemy. How often does ignite trigger - 6 oder 1 times?

Best regards
1. No. GGG doesn't give estimates.

2. Cooldowns are shared per Gem. One fireball triggers, the other goes on cooldown.
"Does the lvl 10 trigger goes off when the cooldown is expired?" - No. It will continue counting from wherever it left off, but no damage is tracked while on cooldown.

3. Same as always, one Hit = one Ignite. It's a more powerful Hit, but still just the one.
"
Vipermagi wrote:

3. Same as always, one Hit = one Ignite. It's a more powerful Hit, but still just the one.

Are there spells that allows multiple ignes with one cast e.g. firestorm, bladefall + Avatar of fire?
Hi Mark, question about minions.

Do minions benefit from generic +% increased damage modifiers such as from leer cast? As an example, if I have a leer cast or dying breath on my animate guardian that is affecting both me and my zombie, does that zombie's attack damage get boosted twice, and its poison get quad-dipped? Also, does it work for a +% increased generic damage jewel that I wear, double dipping on my minion's poison? Thanks!
Last edited by Beaufu on Jan 6, 2017, 5:50:25 PM
Hello dev's.

I have a question regarding crafting items I hope you can help me out with.

I have tried searching for quite a while around forumsand other sources of legitimate information.

So My question is as following : When you are crafting a Suffix
1. Does it first choose wich suffix to roll and then the tier?
2. Or does it pick 1 suffix out of a pool with all available suffixes.

Example:

Can I increase my chances of getting attack speed on a bow, by using a item level 83 base instead of 84.

Because that would exclude:
iLvl 84: 46 to 48 (of Tzteosh)
iLvl 84: 46 to 48 (of Haast).
etc

Thank you very much for all assistance.

Best regards.
"
Wp_blitzi wrote:
Are there spells that allows multiple ignes with one cast e.g. firestorm, bladefall + Avatar of fire?

Anything that hits multiple times per cast would do, yes.
"
Beaufu wrote:
Do minions benefit from generic +% increased damage modifiers such as from leer cast?

Yes.
"
Beaufu wrote:
As an example, if I have a leer cast or dying breath on my animate guardian that is affecting both me and my zombie, does that zombie's attack damage get boosted twice, and its poison get quad-dipped?

No. The Minions are affected by the Auras directly, and thus can benefit from the generic Increased Damage. Your modifiers do not apply to your Minions however, same as always.
Hello,
assuming you have no T14 in your Atlas, what happens when it rolls a T14? Will it be downgraded to T13 or will nothing drop?
Thanks in advance
I did some tests with CwDT + Blade vortex. I inflict enough damage myself via Scold's Bridle to trigger CwDT with each cast:

1. Cast per second 0.26 until dead ==> generates 6 blades
2. Cast per second 0.19 until dead ==> generates 6 blades

Since the cooldown of CwDT is 0.25 s I expected a different result. Am I missing there something or is it a bug?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info