Mechanical Questions Thread

"
adghar wrote:
That statement is not true and has never been, although there are a few things that sound close.

The closest fact that is actually true is that default life leech rate is 2% of your max Life/s per Leech effect, which means if you have zero of the stat "increased leech rate," then, no matter how much damage or leech percent you have (you could deal 1,000,000,000 damage and leech 0.4%), each Hit will only add 2% of your max Life per second.

You will gain benefit from the ring just fine. In technical terms, the only thing increasing damage per hit or % leech does is increase the duration of leech effects - but increasing duration increases total recovery over the whole period, assuming you're a Slayer with endless hunger, or do not reach full life. (Also, without enough duration, your "top speed" will be lower than the stat cap of 20% of your maximum life per second, which can also be modified.)

Sorry, I tend to nerd out about leech. All you need to know is that there is no such cap, and you can safely stack 2% and 0.4% to reach 2.4% leech. Hope that helps!

I like that you nerd about leech because i have had trouble gaining a complete understanding and it's sort of been a gradual process.

The question i asked was my attempt at finally getting rid of something i've long suspected to be false. I've been aware of the 2% of max life/s limit for a while and suspected that there was either a misunderstanding on my part of what this person told me about this rule or that he had misunderstood it himself.

I went around a long time however, believing this to be true, so thanks for finally and truly getting rid of this idea once and for all.
can scorching ray leech? im using a fire doryani's invitation and id like to know whether im actually leeaching that damage?

i know it doesnt hit but according to people it does work as they claim to have tested it out?
Last edited by lichdeath on Jan 2, 2017, 10:29:35 AM
"
lichdeath wrote:
can scorching ray leech? im using a fire doryani's invitation and id like to know whether im actually leeaching that damage?

Leech is an on-Hit effect. No Hits -> no Leech.
Adghar answered the same question but about Righteous Fire on this page :P

"
lichdeath wrote:
i know it doesnt hit but according to people it does work as they claim to have tested it out?

Some people are really terrible at testing things. Odds are they're using Cast While Channeling Firestorm or something, and just see FS Leeching.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jan 2, 2017, 10:44:31 AM
Question.

Can a frozen corpse still explode from "gratuitous violence"?(=duelist - gladiator ascendancy node)

A frozen corpse shatters upon death, but does the explosion precede the shattering or is it the other way around?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
If I use Pyre with Wild Strike would the random converted cold damage from the skill be converted to fire or just the cold damage of the initial hit?
I'm not sure if this was asked before but I would like a clarification on it.
Thank you in advance.
if i use a blessing of chayula on a legacy 20 attribute chayula will the presence (upgraded one) have legacy attributes too or will it have the new ones
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
"
If I use Pyre with Wild Strike would the random converted cold damage from the skill be converted to fire or just the cold damage of the initial hit?
I'm not sure if this was asked before but I would like a clarification on it.
Thank you in advance.

"The Skill" and "the initial hit" are ~the same thing :P Both benefit from Pyre's Conversion.
I still have 2 Decanter Spiritus and 1 Chitus(?) Plum in my inventory. How do I get rid of them? I've done the quests but I still have 2 of the same item?
"
Domenioski wrote:
I still have 2 Decanter Spiritus and 1 Chitus(?) Plum in my inventory. How do I get rid of them? I've done the quests but I still have 2 of the same item?

I'm guessing they're from various different difficulties, you can't get duplicates tmk.
Otherwise, just dump 'em on the floor.
Atlas Drops:
I forgot to corrupt my first gorge map. I finished it, so it's lit up on the Atlas, but no 'completed'. If I run a tier 14 Volcano, or a Tier 13 High Gardens or Scriptorium, all of which are not next to Gorge, can a Gorge map drop?
Last edited by roddyriot on Jan 3, 2017, 2:09:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info