Mechanical Questions Thread

Could you please explain how Growing Agony (viper strike threshold jewel) works? Does the per poison mechanic a) increase damage dealt by the player or b) increase damage taken by the enemy? I have the same question regarding The Taming + Emberwake combo. Thanks!
This could probably be answered with a little testing, but: with the Guardian and Necromancer "Auras You Cast Grant X" notables, are these benefits scaled by increased Effect of Auras you Cast?
I found a possible bug with Unstable Payload and Zero duration Traps. For the people who do not know If you use a sunblast belt and two Cheap Construction jewels you have zero duration on your traps. This means that after they have armed they trigger and go off.
Unstable payload effect is "x% Chance for Traps to Trigger an additional time". Sunblast's effect is "Traps Trigger at the end of their duration". So our key word here is trigger. Since we have zero duration we know that the moment they are armed they trigger and the jewel should give us a chance to trigger a second time. But it doesn't work.
Unstable payload by it self works if a mob or another player triggers the trap although so i know the problem isn't just the jewel not working.
Hi Mark!

Thanks a Bunch for doing this!
I have a lot of question about mechanics.. but suddenly I just got none on my head haha

So, I would like to ask you a single thing. (didn't find anything about that on the web... maybe it's a common knowledge.. sorry if it is..)

When Does the Critical Strike Chance, from Blade Vortex gem, rolls?
1 - When I cast it? (like Vaal Storm Call)
2 - When the blade hits?

I'm asking this because... I want to use a Diamond Flask to help me on getting more critical hits to..
SECRET!
(shhh , recharge other flasks faster )

Thanks Again! Hope you get good sleeping time! ('cuz of u from GGG, we are getting none! =P)

[ If anyone knows the answer feel free to say your thoughts, but I would like an answer by Mark anyway haha]
I have a couple of questions...

If totems, traps and mines aren't counted as "You/You've" why is it that I get corrupting blood stacks when killing corrupted bloodlines monsters with my mines?

Also, if the logic is as we've been told before where the totem/trap/mine is the entity doing the killing and not you why is the Assassin's "Poison you inflict with critical strikes..." exempt from this as opposed to Chieftain's "Gain 20% of physical damage as fire if you've killed recently"?

Neither case is you doing anything if you use a totem/trap/mine, at least not using the above logic...

It's quite frankly very inconsistent and confusing.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
Hello Mark,
Is Star of Wraeclasts Illusory Warp skill considered a cold skill? What other tags does it have? Movement? Duration?
Thanks.
"
Redblade wrote:
Spoiler
I have a couple of questions...

If totems, traps and mines aren't counted as "You/You've" why is it that I get corrupting blood stacks when killing corrupted bloodlines monsters with my mines?

Also, if the logic is as we've been told before where the totem/trap/mine is the entity doing the killing and not you why is the Assassin's "Poison you inflict with critical strikes..." exempt from this as opposed to Chieftain's "Gain 20% of physical damage as fire if you've killed recently"?

Neither case is you doing anything if you use a totem/trap/mine, at least not using the above logic...

It's quite frankly very inconsistent and confusing.

Hi man, on response to that part of corrupted blood i will quote this thread.

about poison
"
Dejavi2 wrote:

so here is explanation
"
Why southbound?
1. It gives a load of cold res and HP for very low price (mentioned already)
2. While using Poison on Traps, Totems or Minions the "On Killing a Poisoned enemy" Bino's effect only works if the Poison kill the enemy.
Therefore, we face a huge problem: most of mobs are killed with Bladefall's first impact, not Poison => Bino's affix doesn't work and we don't get our poison spreading (which greatly slows down our clearspeed).
However, Southbound unique affix "Your Hits can only Kill Frozen enemies" fits this case perfectly. It does apply to Bladefall initial damage, but don't apply to Poison DoT. Therefore, Bladefall will lower HP of mobs to 1, but won't kill them. Then Poison applies and finish mob instantly, and Bino's spread the poison. Works like a charm!
(open-post doesn't mention this mechanic, and it can confuse a lot of beginners (like it did with me :D )

so i would say, you get the kill if, by any chance, you kill the mob with the poison effect.

(can't say anything about the second part of ur message.. hope i could help a bit)
What are numerical values for new (nerfed) experience gains?

"
"2.3.0
The experience penalty for higher levels is now slightly higher. The penalty starts taking effect a few levels earlier than it previously did."

No details about it were posted anywhere afaik.

http://poedb.tw/us/unique.php?n=Hrimburn

Is the burn damage from this cold based or fire based? Say I hit a mob for 100 cold damage and it burns - what happens if I use frostbite? flammability?
"
DarqKiller wrote:

Hi man, on response to that part of corrupted blood i will quote this thread.

about poison
"
Dejavi2 wrote:

so here is explanation
"
Why southbound?
1. It gives a load of cold res and HP for very low price (mentioned already)
2. While using Poison on Traps, Totems or Minions the "On Killing a Poisoned enemy" Bino's effect only works if the Poison kill the enemy.
Therefore, we face a huge problem: most of mobs are killed with Bladefall's first impact, not Poison => Bino's affix doesn't work and we don't get our poison spreading (which greatly slows down our clearspeed).
However, Southbound unique affix "Your Hits can only Kill Frozen enemies" fits this case perfectly. It does apply to Bladefall initial damage, but don't apply to Poison DoT. Therefore, Bladefall will lower HP of mobs to 1, but won't kill them. Then Poison applies and finish mob instantly, and Bino's spread the poison. Works like a charm!
(open-post doesn't mention this mechanic, and it can confuse a lot of beginners (like it did with me :D )

so i would say, you get the kill if, by any chance, you kill the mob with the poison effect.

(can't say anything about the second part of ur message.. hope i could help a bit)

This answers why I get the corrupting stacks I suppose but then again I'd say it still only adds to the confusion. Either the totem/trap/mine skills should be counted as their own entities consistently or they shouldn't at all and the distinction between you and your totems is unnecessary. Now it's in between where some parts counts as you and others don't.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info