[2.4] Silly Toy: 5M+ DPS Flicker, 2h/1h variants, poison 100% crit, with Cospri's Will

"
Just an FYI: the enchant will not double dip. "Increased Flicker Damage" will only occur on the hit, not during the dot, as the dot is not a flicker strike (in the same way that dots dont double dip from EQs more).

Hi, why are you so sure about this statement, have you a proof? if yes, please post it here

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1683701/page/1

otherwise, please restrain from posting false or unproven informations.
the % MORE EQ/ FB / incinerate do not share the same mechanics than the enchants... Well it's not sure but it shouldnt work like this... so!

There is no "skill specific" tag in the game, nor "flicker strike damage" alone. Some skills : EQ/FB... have specific % more for the entire skill but their functions arent the same.

EQ specifies "after shock", this after shock is not EQ itself and includes what GGG wants it to include. I believe it's based on the total damage of initial strike alone so it couldnt grants More to dots. However i havent tested it myself and it could maybe include dots.

For Flameblast, it specifies "SPELL damage", spell damage cannot improve dot damage unless specified otherwise (contagion)

for incinerate, it needs a test with ignite and poison.

I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Jun 19, 2016, 8:22:16 AM
what's better for this build? Hegemony's Era or Atziri's Disfavour? Got them both but I need to know before I respec :)

edit: nvm, I've chosen the Disfavour version just to get 40% quality on vulnerability and temp chains. God damn this build is crazy :) everything dies before it swings the weapon rofl
Last edited by presha on Jun 22, 2016, 7:10:35 AM
What about skipping the Dirty Techniques for Voidheart Ring?
Last edited by KingCaracticus on Jun 22, 2016, 11:55:23 AM
what about dual wield Breath of the Council?
160%increase chaos damage seems awesome to this build.
"
What about skipping the Dirty Techniques for Voidheart Ring?

hi, we do not use dirty technique for poison but for it's damage over time and increased duration, the total damage bonus is higher than what we could expect when looking at the % increased, because of the poison scaling with MORE, duration and vulnerability+shock. Void heart is unnecessary with cospri's will.

for void heart vs cospri's will, here is my answer
"
It's not an interresting option if you already have cospri's will.
We have 100% poison and 30% bleed, enough.

It's ok if you cannot get cospri's will but ! it also means that you will need a doedre's damning ring +1 curse for vulnerability + assa's mark! or you remove vulnerability and lose a lot of dps. It saves a gem slot so you can use void manipulation gem, and gain more or less 40% more. But you lose anti-Hexproof, from cospri.

You sacrifice two ring slots to gain an armour slot, to get almost identical functionnalities.
no hexproof but 100% bleed to trigger assa traits more often.

On thoses two ring slots, you lose a lot of intelligence, crit, res, life... To me it seems to hard to overcome.

It's not an optimal option but the ring is good and the build will still work if you find enough resistances on the gear, however well as i said before, you may lose more than you gain, especially with the cost of the ring itself.

"
hloooo wrote:

what about dual wield Breath of the Council?
160%increase chaos damage seems awesome to this build.

Definitively a good 1h choice, i dont know if the lack of shield is a good idea but you could make your own tree to try this combinaison. Also, Broken faith shield is a good choice.

There is one downside, it's lacking crit to reach the cap with my actual trees for 1H / shield; like 2% base crit! but if you get the dual wield crit nodes, you can make something extremely strong with two breath of the council. The chaos damage is an insane thing for the build but it's duration % increased is AWESOME, with 80% dura it adds 1.6 seconds to poison, a looot of damage! It will do nothing on weak packs but will help for big bosses.

"
what's better for this build? Hegemony's Era or Atziri's Disfavour? Got them both but I need to know before I respec :)

edit: nvm, I've chosen the Disfavour version just to get 40% quality on vulnerability and temp chains. God damn this build is crazy :) everything dies before it swings the weapon rofl

I'm happy that you find the build effective and pleasable to play!
Temporal chain is great, however you lose the assassin's mark benefits too! Less crit chance hurts the build but the duration on poison and survavility is interresting too ;)
good idea man! You can also add a taste of hate somewhere to chill monsters, transforming them into snails :P

To answer your first question, i dont know which one is more effective, hegemony's era is cheaper and offer everything needed. But atziri's disfavour strikes harder, has 100% bleed so it triggers 20% extra chaos damage all the time from ascendancy but the tree has access to less % increased physical damage but but but... Well both are good and will work ^^ I should do calculations to know which one is better....

Personnally i would pick atziri because of the 100% bleed , and i have already one 6L ^^
Last edited by Geisalt on Jun 22, 2016, 2:55:10 PM
even with only 16k (buffed) tooltip dps flicker and 340% crit multi this build kills most <T12 bosses in seconds... so dont invest alot in damage guys, you will kill fast anyways and you wont notice the difference :)

also: The build works very well with cyclone :)
Last edited by presha on Jun 22, 2016, 5:31:29 PM
"
Geisalt wrote:
The chaos damage is an insane thing for the build but it's duration % increased is AWESOME, with 80% dura it adds 1.6 seconds to poison, a looot of damage! It will do nothing on weak packs but will help for big bosses.

The duration has absolutely no effect on poison for this build.
Last edited by DySeaL on Jun 22, 2016, 11:50:41 PM
"
"
Geisalt wrote:
The chaos damage is an insane thing for the build but it's duration % increased is AWESOME, with 80% dura it adds 1.6 seconds to poison, a looot of damage! It will do nothing on weak packs but will help for big bosses.

It's untrue, poison is modified by duration modifiers, poison is chaos. Only the increased/less support gems DONT work because flicker strike has no duration keyword so it cannot be supported.

A poisoned target will take increased chaos damage over time
from the wiki ;p
Last edited by Geisalt on Jun 23, 2016, 7:39:05 AM
"
presha wrote:
even with only 16k (buffed) tooltip dps flicker and 340% crit multi this build kills most <T12 bosses in seconds... so dont invest alot in damage guys, you will kill fast anyways and you wont notice the difference :)

also: The build works very well with cyclone :)

i agree, most of the dps is totally overkill ;)
I pushed the dps to the max to show the viability of the concept but even if you cut the dps by 3/4 it's still waayyy too high for most content in the game :D
"
Geisalt wrote:
"
"
Geisalt wrote:

It's untrue, poison is modified by duration modifiers, poison is chaos. Only the increased/less support gems DONT work because flicker strike has no duration keyword so it cannot be supported.

A poisoned target will take increased chaos damage over time
from the wiki ;p

No, you are 100% incorrect. The chaos duration skill only applies to poison when it is applied by a chaos duration skill (such as contagion, essence drain, abyssal cry, caustic arrow) and has no effect on duration for a physical skill that poisons.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info