[2.6][Assassin] TheAmigoReach! Reach of the Council Insane Poison DPS! -UBER/TWINNED CORE DOWN

Hi! First League here so sorry if I ask a few dumb questions :)

I want to roll an archer for 2.4 and was looking at the assassin and this kind of build looked the most enjoyable.

I was wondering:

1) what is the difference from your build to Ziggy's AssReaper build? I saw you have Vaal Pact and Life leech, is the advantage basically you gain life with DPS? Disadvantage? I would assume the life leech?

2) How would you level this build? I am testing a shadow and am having a hard time leveling with a bow. I was thinking about leveling with dual wands / sceptres and progressing through this tree until about middle cruel til I switch over to bow. Any advice you can give me?

3) What stats do you prioritize while leveling? Endgame?

4) Is there a reason why you don't use GMP? Wouldn't that give you more arrows?

5) Do you think, even with a reach nerf, this will still be able to dish out the damage it does now in 2.4?

Sorry if some of these questions have already been answered T.T

Thanks!
Character limit of 300 characters exceeded
Content can not exceed 5 lines in length
Before deciding to play a Reach build in 2.4, I'd wait to see how big the announced nerf to that bow will be.

GMP is a huge nerf to poison. It double dips on the LESS damage output. That is one of the reasons why Reach is so great for an assassin.
"
Darksagex wrote:
Hi! First League here so sorry if I ask a few dumb questions :)

I want to roll an archer for 2.4 and was looking at the assassin and this kind of build looked the most enjoyable.

I was wondering:

1) what is the difference from your build to Ziggy's AssReaper build? I saw you have Vaal Pact and Life leech, is the advantage basically you gain life with DPS? Disadvantage? I would assume the life leech?

2) How would you level this build? I am testing a shadow and am having a hard time leveling with a bow. I was thinking about leveling with dual wands / sceptres and progressing through this tree until about middle cruel til I switch over to bow. Any advice you can give me?

3) What stats do you prioritize while leveling? Endgame?

4) Is there a reason why you don't use GMP? Wouldn't that give you more arrows?

5) Do you think, even with a reach nerf, this will still be able to dish out the damage it does now in 2.4?

Sorry if some of these questions have already been answered T.T

Thanks!

1) ZiggyD's Assreacher has alot lower DPS than my build, but is probaly a little bit safer, since he is using Kintsugi. The amount of leech is also substantually better on my build, and it is reflect proof, which Ziggy's build isn't (if you dps is high enough you'll oneshot yourself)

2) I'd level with whatever until you get to lvl 32 and can use deaths harp.

3) I'd prioritise pure damage and life at the start. After you use Death's Opus at lvl 44, i'd begin to take the crit nodes.

4) GMP gives us "Less damage" which "double dips" with poison. Which mean the poison damage is multiplied twice, reducing it even more.

5) Even with the reach nerf this build will still be good. Maybe not as good as it is right now, but i suspect it can still do any content in the game. Maybe just not as easily :)
I make mirror tier items, I don't rlly play the actual game. Reddit hates me. I'm not cool.
Last edited by TheAmigoBoyz on Aug 19, 2016, 2:30:16 PM
Hello, ill try this build because I havt this snakebit:

So, I dont need the Cospri's to poison? Right?
Last edited by fernandojsn1 on Aug 19, 2016, 9:21:43 PM
"
fernandojsn1 wrote:
Hello, ill try this build because I havt this snakebit:

So, I dont need the Cospri's to poison? Right?

yes. You will only need to be on max frenzy charges. These gloves makes your chest options alot more varied. You can even use Kaom's if you wnat
I make mirror tier items, I don't rlly play the actual game. Reddit hates me. I'm not cool.
Would sure like to give this build a go but since RoTC is one of the most expensive items in the game, its not likely that I will get to try it anytime soon and even the chest piece is getting ridiculously expensive. Not cost efficient for the majority of players who grind currency ingame. I havent found the amount of currency required for this bow even running a couple selling tabs over the entire time of this league or even perandus for that matter. 30ex is alot grinding by most standards and with a nerf inbound it really is ashame that once again ggg intends to dump on its own creation for the sake of a few snowflakes,,Looks like a fun build though as are many of the bows of prophecy.
Remember when high end gear was really high end !
Classic Audio all the way,olderthandirt and twice as
Grizzly :)
So i found a Ming's Heart Amethyst Ring and while it drops life around 300+ it also gave a smallish 2000+ DPS is it worth the drop in surviveability?
"
HappyHarry wrote:
So i found a Ming's Heart Amethyst Ring and while it drops life around 300+ it also gave a smallish 2000+ DPS is it worth the drop in surviveability?

no definitely not. 300 life is worth more than 2000 dps imo.
"
Grizzledmoe wrote:
Would sure like to give this build a go but since RoTC is one of the most expensive items in the game, its not likely that I will get to try it anytime soon and even the chest piece is getting ridiculously expensive. Not cost efficient for the majority of players who grind currency ingame. I havent found the amount of currency required for this bow even running a couple selling tabs over the entire time of this league or even perandus for that matter. 30ex is alot grinding by most standards and with a nerf inbound it really is ashame that once again ggg intends to dump on its own creation for the sake of a few snowflakes,,Looks like a fun build though as are many of the bows of prophecy.

it only costs around 4-5ex on prophecy league though :)
This build is awesome ! Thanks a lot !

A few questions :

I don't have Cospri, but I have Snakebite, Maligaro's, Facebreakers, Kintsugi, Belly and Kaom's. Which ones would you recommend for the gloves and the chest ? I'm really having trouble deciding. I have a 6l Reach if it can help you for your recommendation.

If you recommend Kaom, should I still have a point in acrobatics, considering it halves armour ?

Whether you can help me or not, thanks a lot :)
Last edited by ArondightGG on Aug 21, 2016, 12:22:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info