[3.0] Freezer Burn - AB AoF MoM EO, Cheap, Fun, Screw the Meta

"
Kwitch wrote:
When you ask if you should look for 'add cold/fire damage', specifically we do not benefit from 'adds x-x cold/fire damage to attacks', and instead you would look for increased spell damage, casting speed, or specifically cold or fire damage. I am sorry if this is obvious to you, but I just wanted to make sure what you meant was equal to what you typed.

I didnt know about that...

"
Kwitch wrote:
Tabula Rasa is a tremendously bad item.

:D I felt lucky when i found that tabula rasa because it was my first and only 6l 6S :/

"
Kwitch wrote:
AB cannot interact with Frost Wall (As I'm sure you know).

I think i dont know also this. But, what is AB??

"
Kwitch wrote:
Hope that helps you shop for replacements.

A Great help! I understand now what do I need to prioritize!
1 more question. I use curse on hit with flammability, how do i stack endurance charge without warlord's mark, i mean i can have only 1 curse, right?

"
Kwitch wrote:
They don't have to be expensive.

ehmmm....
Hi again, let me answer your lingering questions:

• Our boot setup is:
CwDT + Warlord's Mark + Immortal Call + Flexible (decoy totem here, increased duration, enduring cry, etc.).
This means that when we take 528 damage (Remember since we leave CwDT at level 1) it will automatically cast Warlord's Mark onto enemies for us. This is our only 'forced' endurance charge generation in the build, however you definitely can increase it by choosing to run enduring cry in the 4th 'flexible' slot. I left decoy totem in both the shield and boots on the guide to express that it can fit anywhere, but you bring up a valid criticism. I could specify more clearly that both of these sockets offer room for interpretation.

So, Endurance Charges from taking damage, or if you want to use a warcry. But having permanent endurance charge up-time is not a high priority of the build, merely a nice quality of life improvement.

• Tabula Rasa is a nice item for levels 25-45. It's important to know when to take it off though, so that you can equip pieces of gear that have Stats on them and balance the rest of your gear budget appropriately. I see similar problems with people wearing Goldrim until 80, lifesprigs, and even wanderlusts sometimes... they buy upgrades for the rest of their gear because they have 1-2 slots where they get a false positive of what their requirements are. This leads into future problems for finding upgrades, and getting 'stuck' on 1 piece of gear because it is keeping everything else from falling apart.

• AB = Arctic Breath, our main skill! ♥

• Curse on hit + flammability is really only reserved for bosses or difficult monsters. Sometimes we'll drop Orb of Storms just to gain the benefit of Mastermind of Discord for 10 seconds, and it may never hit anything to apply our curse. And the sequence of curse application permits us to curse a monster with flammability, then take damage and curse them with warlord's mark (which removes flammability), and then Orb of storms re-applies flammability once again which of course removes warlord's mark. In the middle of this process, we can get a spell cast or two with the leech + end. charge production which is enough to make everything 'feel' safe for most things.

If it's a real concern, feel free to abandon flammability altogether and just run warlord's mark 24/7. It's really not necessary however it might solve some issues you experience during your final gearing process.

Build guides are always up to interpretation, but figuring out the 'core' that makes it work that you should not alter takes practice. I hope in following my guide you can experience some of the challenges we overcome with our decision making process, and that allows you to make alterations without serious repercussions for your future builds.

Cheers
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
Last edited by Kwitch on Feb 13, 2017, 5:11:39 PM
"
Kwitch wrote:
Hi again, let me answer your lingering questions

I really appreciate your help !!

I bought a Lioneyes's vision 5l 5S as you suggested, i just need to put the right colour on it :D

I now understand the mechanics of warlord's mark !

I think i'll need another week of farming, beacause im out of currency atm.

Hey guys, i need some help.

i just started playing PoE and im LvL 86 now. I followed your build as good as possible, but my DPS with AB (+/- 18k) without buffs, maybe 26k with buffs, is way under your 71k DPS.
Could you look over my Character and tell me what i'm doing wrong?
Sorry for my bad english, it is not my native language :).

Thanks!
"
Radice91 wrote:
Hey guys, ... Could you look over my Character and tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

My pleasure, lets see here...

• Your wand is 132% spell damage effectiveness, so you're not missing out there. It also has some cast speed and added cold damage to spells. So that's sufficient for now. (That's T1 added cold btw so it's super cute). For reference, the 'best' wand we could ever hope to use has 218% increased spell damage combined.
• The Repentance gloves *could* be lower reduced spell damage, but no big deal. It wouldn't account for the large loss of damage.
• No strength on Shield, no strength on Helm, 30 strength on ring (max 55), No strength on belt (except implicit, which is lowest possible btw bless that or replace), 41 on boots (max 55 again), +99 Astra (max 120). And opted for Snakepit (which is totally acceptable, however see second str. number). Theoretically, that is roughly 232 - 287 strength that we could have that we don't. And I did not include your jewels if there is any strength possibility there. Repentance gloves give us strength to spell damage conversion, minus it's reduction. All of that strength would have been roughly 57% increased damage before that reduction.
(note: luxury BiS strength items are not needed, just looking for leaks)
• Jewel socket on the way to Avatar of Fire for 8% ele damage is inferior to 2 point investment for socket below Mind over Matter, and 3rd point invested in Fire Walker. Deep Wisdom is not worth a point. Can start working towards Amplify if you wish. Dynamo is significantly worse than Righteous decree for same point investment, but overall both don't affect your damage.
• Your Lioneye's Vision is a 5 link (pseudo 7 link) and you are comparing it to a pseudo 8 link. That 6th link on chest makes a large difference, so factor that in when comparing tooltip.
• Your Orb of Storms is not linked to curse on hit + flammability. Despite whatever your tooltip says, fire penetration + Mastermind of Discord working in harmony with OoS proccing Elemental Overload on crits is a 'perfect storm' situation such that was used in the creation of my self-buffed 71k tooltip. Granted penetration is not reflected in the tooltip, but again the 'feeling' is there. My skilltree indicates what my 'actual' damage is provided I hit with all overlapping explosions (300-600k last I checked). If you're not keen on using OoS for Mastermind + CoH, feel free to drop it for Shaper of Desolation. It's really a matter of if you want the most possible DPS and are willing to manage the 10 second upkeep + curse utility.
• Arctic Armour. Deep Wisdom. Frost Wall. Flame Surge. No Vaal Haste. some questions here to be answered.
• Feel free to run a Sulphur Flask if you are just seeking more tooltip dps, but what really matters is if the wave of explosions 'feels' strong enough to clear everything effortlessly. You shouldn't need so much to reach this. 18k Actually already sounds like it is A m a z i n g to me with Snakepit, and would be crazy with that 6th link. Remember that's per projectile.
• Quality support gems. Level 20 gem levels.

--
Feel free to link what your jewels are, or consider replacing some pieces of gear. 6th link, More strength, an additional 'more' multiplier, and a few more 'increases' on tree would turn your character into a super saiyan I think. Buy a new Lioneye's Vision and start trying to 6 link it from a 6 socket, run your current 5 link until then.

Cheers!

=======================================

*edit*
This may be already known, or this may be new information, so I will explain to the best of my abilities how 'more' multipliers work (they stack multiplicatively) and why that extra link proves to be so important:

1st: Spell damage can have added spell damage on wand / aura / support gem. This is the 'base' number.
2nd: All increases and reductions occur together to give a total 'increase' to this number. My last time building this character had exactly 666% increased damage before Jewels. FYI that is kind of a lot (most spell builds only get 300-400%).
3rd: All 'multipliers' that are 'more' add up and multiply the 2nd number.
4th: All 'multipliers that are 'less' add up and multiply the 3rd number.
5th: Final output (Before elemental resistance, crit, or considering how we can 'shotgun' with this skill).

So, here's an example. I will use your numbers as best as I can to hopefully demonstrate the significance of cursing + the missing 6th link:

• Your level 19/20% Arctic Breath deals 547 - 820 cold damage base. Mean value = 683. Your Wand adds 32 - 69 cold damage. Mean value = 50. Before Cold to Fire Extra Fire Damage, sum of mean value spell damage is 733.
• Cold to Fire is local, and adds 28% of 733 to your total base spell damage. Sum 205.
• 938 spell damage goes into the increase/reduction machine. Using my gear numbers, that's 666%. Sum 6248.
• 'More's happen. Assuming monster resistances = 75%, and we are cursing them/penetrating them down to -109%, that means penetration provides an extra 34% more, combined with our 17% from level 15 Pierce in chest, 40% from Elemental Overload and No other multipliers, 6248 x (1 + 0.34 + 0.17 + 0.4) = 11,933 pre-sum damage (after penetration).
• 'Less's happen. GMP 26% and Spell Echo 10%. 11,933 x 0.64 = 7,637 grand total sum.
• This is before cast speed, which should be close to 0.25 or faster. So we can multiply this value by 4~ to reach our maximum tooltip theoretical damage per Explosions/second at 30,550. Now overlap them. With Vaal Haste.

EXPLOSIONS!

Lets see what one extra multiplier would have done now:

• Add Controlled Destruction, 43% more. 6248 x (1 + 0.34 + 0.17 + 0.4 + 0.43) = 14,620 pre-sum damage (after penetration).
• Hit that with the less stick: 14,620 x 0.64 = 9,357 grand total sum.
• With 0.25 cast speed, x4~ casts per second: 37,428 explosion boom boom AoE. Times 5(6) overlapping explosions.
• That 6,878 additional end damage is over 25% more total damage over our initial spell, with a single extra link.

Hope that helps!
Last edited by Kwitch on Feb 21, 2017, 10:52:30 AM
Wow..Kwitch, you´re amazing.
Thank you for your time to write this insane text.
This helps me alot.

THANKS! THANKS! THANKS!
Played this in 2.4 and enjoyed it greatly, how is this build looking in 2.6?
"
david_lister wrote:

Thanks for sharing the experience! It makes me quite happy to hear that it was enjoyed by others.

As for 2.6, according to our initial patch notes, there may be considerable variation. I would love the opportunity to change one of our ascendancies out of paragon and into elemenetal resist on tree depending on what values the Ash wheel are changed to grant. Otherwise, there may be some route/pathing changes as well as some suggestions for usage of new uniques as per usual.

I did not get the opportunity to play the build in 2.5, but will be maining it in the Hardcore league for 2.6. More report on changes will be coming.

Also, depending on how difficult acquiring Xoph's Blood will be in a non-breach league, we will see if it stays as a recommendation.

Cheers
Last edited by Kwitch on Feb 23, 2017, 5:59:01 PM
"
Kwitch wrote:
"
david_lister wrote:

Thanks for sharing the experience! It makes me quite happy to hear that it was enjoyed by others.

As for 2.6, according to our initial patch notes, there may be considerable variation. I would love the opportunity to change one of our ascendancies out of paragon and into elemenetal resist on tree depending on what values the Ash wheel are changed to grant. Otherwise, there may be some route/pathing changes as well as some suggestions for usage of new uniques as per usual.

I did not get the opportunity to play the build in 2.5, but will be maining it in the Hardcore league for 2.6. More report on changes will be coming.

Also, depending on how difficult acquiring Xoph's Blood will be in a non-breach league, we will see if it stays as a recommendation.

Cheers

So it's worth waiting for the patch 2.6 comes out?! Because i was planning to buy a 6S6L lioneye's vision.
"
ThoryX wrote:

So it's worth waiting for the patch 2.6 comes out?! Because i was planning to buy a 6S6L lioneye's vision.

You are free to buy gear and play on standard if you like. We were discussing temp league content. Any gear you buy at this point and time is going to 'roll over' to the permanent leagues.

If your plans include playing the new temp league, it will not matter if you purchase a 6s6l on standard as your currency and characters will have zero relationship with the temporary league.

as an aside, I always craft my own 6 sockets and links, and I really don't recommend outright buying them unless you think you won't have the time to play and make your own.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info