[3.0] Freezer Burn - AB AoF MoM EO, Cheap, Fun, Screw the Meta

I think this is some sort of conspiracy. Honestly, I'm just trying to enjoy my game and help other people out. I don't want to fight anybody about what a build guide did or didn't have, but you're all telling me I'm wrong when I know I'm right.
I did like this build. It's fun!
If I'd remake an Arctic Breath Character I'd go for a crit CI Elementalist version though!
This build simply isn't endgame (T15+) viable due to low single target dmg and beeing incredibly squishy compared to CI or Evasion builds (Labyrinth Argus was a nightmare with this build for example).
"
I think this is some sort of conspiracy. Honestly, I'm just trying to enjoy my game and help other people out. I don't want to fight anybody about what a build guide did or didn't have, but you're all telling me I'm wrong when I know I'm right.

Guys, decent chance he's some random troll so don't bother with him too much. I hope that's the case, anyhow...

But if you're seriously not trolling, then hey man, maybe this build just isn't for you. It works for everyone else, but not you, so clearly the build must be the problem. That's fine, go choose another.

As far as the Lightning Warp thing goes... it's been an option in this build since the beginning. We were even talking about it in the last two posts on the 7th page which dates back to October 27th, and surely there are earlier posts about it as well.

Anyway, if you're merely trolling, cool. If not, then choose another build or go back to D3. I have no problem helping people who are new to the game, and often do, but the way you talk and go about yourself as if you cannot be wrong, well.. Good luck, with this game and with life.
Last edited by Entw1ne on Nov 17, 2016, 9:28:46 AM
Been running this build since I started playing again a week or two ago after quite a long break. I've pretty much only played hardcore (although never really gotten serious). Actually ran into Kwitch in town last night and was offered a ton of help with both info and gear/advise, so thanks a lot for that! Currently level 80 on EHC and completed merciless Lab for the first time, Izaro fight was a little scary but that's mostly due to my inexperience. Finally picked up paragon of calamity so feeling much safer. Pretty much looking forward to picking up a bit more damage now, although its pretty high as is! It's always awesome shotgunning down named monsters with this build.. One thing I've been thinking of is maybe trying to add some shock to the build with three dragons and picking up static blows and the node right below it with 5% shock as well, would give a total of 20% with elementalist. Although from what I see now this may not even be needed. This is just of course and idea and not sure how it would perform at all, for the loss of a helmet slot and 4 extra passive points spent. Maybe I'll try it out later, still have lots of other quality passives I can still pick up.

Thanks again for taking the time to write this guide. For anyone else considering it, give it a try on an HC league!
I think adding to this build spell totem support linked with scorching ray is a good idea. Bonus of -24% fire resistance for enemies (8stacks) is giving us good dmg boost especially when fighting with tanky bosses.

Pros : higher dmg output (boss 100% on negative resistance - even when boss is hexproof we are shooting through 88% fire resistance if not - it's 132%) - obviously maps with higher fire ress will be easier as well.
Cons : we are dropping decoy totem so managing bosses position in order to boost our dmg is a lot harder. After a while it's getting easier.

What do you think about it?
It's certainly an idea, however I was very content with where the build got to in terms of everything working well together to leave it as is. Dropping a totem and waiting for stacks would be a boss-only event, the build clears way too fast to require it normally.

As I have repeated for various other posts, the guide is merely a starting point, and anyone is welcome to deviate from it to suit their own play style. I highly encourage that kind of behavior, as it is how I learned how to play and make builds from following other player's examples.

Take Chances, Make mistakes, Get Messy!

-Edit- I will update the build guide as new items and balance changes are released. I still start every league making this build because I enjoy it so much. I won't include major changes, such as those that are possible with the new Avatar of Fire amulet, until they are made available in a finalized form.
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
Last edited by Kwitch on Nov 26, 2016, 4:23:56 PM
"
Kwitch wrote:
It's certainly an idea, however I was very content with where the build got to in terms of everything working well together to leave it as is. Dropping a totem and waiting for stacks would be a boss-only event, the build clears way too fast to require it normally.

As I have repeated for various other posts, the guide is merely a starting point, and anyone is welcome to deviate from it to suit their own play style. I highly encourage that kind of behavior, as it is how I learned how to play and make builds from following other player's examples.

Take Chances, Make mistakes, Get Messy!

-Edit- I will update the build guide as new items and balance changes are released. I still start every league making this build because I enjoy it so much. I won't include major changes, such as those that are possible with the new Avatar of Fire amulet, until they are made available in a finalized form.

How is this build at high T maps and bosses?

I read every page and ppl seem to have trouble with higher T map and boss fights
"

I read every page and ppl seem to have trouble with higher T map and boss fights

To be honest I done with it everything beside Shaper (I'm lv90 for now so I won't rush going for shaper; my plan is getting lv100 then try it (I prefer reaching max level first before trying to do Shaper and spend so much time on it ;p) - obviously I will do it at new league).

Atziri and uber Atziri is doable but take time and is dangerous (when Atziri reach phase when you are facing 4 statues you can easily kill yourself because of reflect one + her own attacks).

I made some changes to build to suit my playstyle and only flask I'm using for now is Atziri Promise.

I didn't notice any problem with damage output at all - swapping gems before boss fight is doing the trick ;).

When you get used to way of playing this setup and get a hold of mechanics of game it's very strong and good build.

PS Guides are blueprints - after playing for a while you can make some changes to suit your vision of it.
"
VinXin wrote:

To be honest I done with it everything beside Shaper (I'm lv90 for now so I won't rush going for shaper; my plan is getting lv100 then try it (I prefer reaching max level first before trying to do Shaper and spend so much time on it ;p)

I'd strongly reconsider this if I were you. It's certainly your call, but reaching level 100 takes a really long time, especially after 2.4 (I think? or 2.3) when they reduced the EXP gains from level 95-100 by ~15-20%. The build is mostly finished by Level 90-94, everything after that is bonus.

Then again, I play semi-casually so it would depend on how much you play on a weekly basis. Even if you play A LOT, though, reaching Level 100 will still take a considerable amount of time, far more time than you'd ever spend on Shaper.
"
VinXin wrote:
"

PS Guides are blueprints - after playing for a while you can make some changes to suit your vision of it.

do you recommend any changes in the build to be more suitable for hardcore

or make it more safe?
Last edited by z32019912 on Nov 29, 2016, 12:15:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info