[3.9] CWDT build using Incinerate as main skill (with videos)

"
fgdfshhs wrote:
Reason I didn't try low life is, because you need a good solution against stuns (corrupted Eye of chayula with 'Enemies can have additional curse' or skyforth boots), but I can't afford those.

I'll try it once I can acquire one of those items.

But you have 70% avoidance while casting and you are Vile Bastion correct? Even if you are not Vile Bastion, the 70% avoidance is plenty to keep you safe majority of the time. It is just a little counter intuitive to go for stun avoidance on the tree and keep being life based because you are worried about stun.

This is the tree I am about to do on a LL Occultist
twitch.tv/wabachaw
Hi,

Though I have a 4k life pool and stun avoidance from the tree, I still get stunned once in a while at crucial moments. I guess I just don't like getting stunned at all :).

I like the idea of going low life, it has some advantages, but I see some disadvantages as well:
- I think freeze and stun will be problematic, unless you can fit in gear that takes care of it.
- Mana might be a problem as well, as you do not have any 'reduced mana cost of skill nodes' in your tree.
- You do not get chaos resistance from the tree, so it might be difficult to get enough from gear alone.

I'm curious how your build will work out.

"
fgdfshhs wrote:
Hi,

Though I have a 4k life pool and stun avoidance from the tree, I still get stunned once in a while at crucial moments. I guess I just don't like getting stunned at all :).

I like the idea of going low life, it has some advantages, but I see some disadvantages as well:
- I think freeze and stun will be problematic, unless you can fit in gear that takes care of it.
- Mana might be a problem as well, as you do not have any 'reduced mana cost of skill nodes' in your tree.
- You do not get chaos resistance from the tree, so it might be difficult to get enough from gear alone.

I'm curious how your build will work out.

Oh I should have mentioned these haha

These gloves, in my testing thus far, gives me 6link level damage on a 4link. So the mana cost will be considerably lower.
twitch.tv/wabachaw
Those gloves are *real* nice. Mana cost management of a 5L/6L is a real pain....
Ha, I like the gloves! But you'll need to take it one step further, it needs a '+1 to level of socketed gems'. That would make it great when used with a level 4 empower.

The gloves you have now, are not yet better (damage wise, I've checked) than a good unique 'winds of change' with a '+1 to level of socketed gems' corrupted on it.
"
fgdfshhs wrote:
Ha, I like the gloves! But you'll need to take it one step further, it needs a '+1 to level of socketed gems'. That would make it great when used with a level 4 empower.

The gloves you have now, are not yet better (damage wise, I've checked) than a good unique 'winds of change' with a '+1 to level of socketed gems' corrupted on it.

When I was checking this out initially, it appeared to me that I would need to use damage supports in the gloves vs empower. The interaction was not what I expected. This is one of the cases where I wish tooltip was a bit more reliable.

Ill take +1 or ele weakness on hit though.
twitch.tv/wabachaw
Man I just love these fucking 6L shavs builds..... sigh------
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
What do you think about a more budget style berserker build with infernal mantle, consuming darks, winds of change, and maybe essence worm? life based with bloodmagic and frenzy charges.

http://poeurl.com/M8D

then push up into shadow for sniper, frenzy charge, jewel socket, and life.
Last edited by jardocanthate on Sep 26, 2016, 5:26:35 AM
"
jardocanthate wrote:
What do you think about a more budget style berserker build with infernal mantle, consuming darks, winds of change, and maybe essence worm? life based with bloodmagic and frenzy charges.

http://poeurl.com/M8D

then push up into shadow for sniper, frenzy charge, jewel socket, and life.

i'm curious about your idea as well. as long as it can clear up to t14 i'd be happy :D
Last edited by risko on Sep 26, 2016, 7:25:11 AM
Hi,

I think this will work out just fine. you don't need to have a lot of extra damage nodes in the tree for this build to work well. Just having leveled gems will do. I don't think it will be a problem to use even 2 Snakepit rings with this build, so you can use 6 gems just for damage (no need for LMP/GMP and no need for Life Leech gem as well).

- Life Leech: this is covered by the Beserker Ascendancy class + perhaps some gear or an enchantment. But I would certainly include Vaal Pact in the build. A high life leech at end game is essential (tier 15 and up). End game will be harder to do without the combo 'Vessel of Vinktar' + 'Hungry Abyss'. But you can always add this later when you can afford it.

- Stun: not a problem with a life based build

- Mana: covered by Blood magic + Berserker Ascendancy class

- Physical damage mitigation: You could try using a lightning coil if you are going to use Acrobatics?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info