[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

So I'm starting to get to that point where I'm going to be trying to run arctic armour.

How important is it to run discipline in the helm with enlighten instead of Arctic Armour? Might be troublesome to get the open slot in my armour to be green, or to 4 off colour either gloves or boots.

Basically, how much mana do I lose by using arctic armour with enlighten instead of disc?
One (stupid) question

For what is Orb of Storms to put lightning effect on bosses?

Isn`t that Ball Lightning also do ?
;x
IGN: TheRevolt
"
m00n92 wrote:
One (stupid) question

For what is Orb of Storms to put lightning effect on bosses?

Isn`t that Ball Lightning also do ?
;x

It's to trigger elemental overload, and for Mastermind of Discord.

I'm not sure the exact comparison, but I assume it just comes down to the fact that self casting ball lightning would be a hassle, and unpleasant to actually target things. Orb of storms just does it's own thing, and will hit everything in an aoe, rather than a slow moving "line". Orb of storms is also much more efficient at proccing Elemental Overload because each hit has a chance to crit, rather than each "cast" like most spells. It sort of acts like a totem.

Orb of storms also has a slightly quicker cast time, so more convenient again to self cast.
Last edited by Shiverwarp on Sep 25, 2016, 9:03:51 AM
Hi Kel pls tell me how to kill chimera??? Everytime he get in the smoke i fk up.........
So, I still play as witch in essence, should I wear auxium instead of new crystal belt, or crystal belt with 1-2 anti-freeze flasks?
Last edited by Orirane on Sep 25, 2016, 5:32:16 PM
"
Shiverwarp wrote:
"
Rivx wrote:
Thoughts on using Orb of Storms linked to curses instead of the CWDT setup? On trash you could still use the original one, but on bosses you will have the orb up all the time anyway so it should be very reliable, and frees up a link. An enhance would be an amazing 5th link, but its not red so probably not really an option. Otherwise I'd probably use a decoy totem since it works really well on some of the harder hitting bosses.

Plus you can put vaal disc in the socket that was originally occupied by the orb, though you'd need to charge it up beforehand (apparently they don't charge in swap weapons).

Btw when you list damage, do you list it with or without pendulum?

I asked this question about Orb of Storms, he answered in the post above this one: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1667730/page/58#p13679074

Oh thanks, didn't think of overleveling it so that it doesn't interact with CWDT. I got insanely lucky with 2 yolo exalts so I feel obligated to 6 link my chest now. Going to be even harder to color gloves/boots, though >.>

Last edited by Rivx on Sep 25, 2016, 11:06:24 PM
I hate you all for having a real chest armor ;_;
Alright! Getting closer to end game...

Spoiler

I will be upgrading my belt to the Auxium very soon (level 69).

Which should I upgrade next? The boots? Gloves?

I will work on getting my armor 5L asap (using Enfeeble as my second curse, is Temporal Chains a better choice?).

Oh, and I have about an Exalt's worth of chaos to spend on upgrades.
I just want to say, first off. I love this build, expensive for a new starting player for a first toon, but I managed. Second I just want thank you for posting this guide. It is very fluid and gives very nice instructions on what to do and when. I'm now at the point where I want to roll a new toon and am looking at Scion guides and am finding that I am very disappointed in how almost all the guides are made with very little information.

Overall I just want to say thank you for an awesome build guide and hopefully see more :)
"
TeaAddict wrote:
Alright! Getting closer to end game...

Spoiler

I will be upgrading my belt to the Auxium very soon (level 69).

Which should I upgrade next? The boots? Gloves?

I will work on getting my armor 5L asap (using Enfeeble as my second curse, is Temporal Chains a better choice?).

Oh, and I have about an Exalt's worth of chaos to spend on upgrades.

It is very easy to get 100-150 ES on boots/gloves with decent resists, though you will be needing more resists until you get the diamond skin wheel. I would actually consider using a resist belt over auxium until you get there, so you can get better boots/gloves and not worry about switching them later. The chest looks good enough for starters, it can be very expensive to get a singnificantly better one (after you link/color the chest you can't really look for minor upgrades anymore).

There's no reason to rush 5L imo, you can run 3L CWDT curses (no curse on hit) until you can easily afford 5L, the only downside is you will have to choose between high level curses or low level CWDT.
Last edited by Rivx on Sep 25, 2016, 11:36:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info