[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

Guys, Why Orb of Storms? I cant find a use to it lol
"
ElderCheng wrote:

RTFM !
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Because this build is not a crit one, we use a secondary skill to trigger Elemental Overload's 40% MORE damage benefit. Orb of Storms works the best because it can benefit from the increased AoE and skill duration. And it also triggers Mastermind of Discord's fire penetration effect.
Last edited by RoCKeTs on Sep 22, 2016, 6:43:58 AM
"
RoCKeTs wrote:
"
ElderCheng wrote:

RTFM !
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Because this build is not a crit one, we use a secondary skill to trigger Elemental Overload's 40% MORE damage benefit. Orb of Storms works the best because it can benefit from the increased AoE and skill duration. And it also triggers Mastermind of Discord's fire penetration effect.

Oh im sorry i actually read the manual. The think is i would like tô understand why orb of storms mechanics beats whispering ice.
Is it just the bigger AOE? Crit chance is the same right?
PoE Wiki - Orb of Storms :

"
Each individual cast from the orb acts like its own unique spell, much like a totem casting. Each hit has its own chance of being a critical strike, while other hits from the same orb may only do normal damage unlike other skills with multiple hits like Firestorm or Cyclone. Each hit also has its own chance to cause "on hit" effects.
Crit chance is also less on Icestorm because we use controlled destruction
wht about Empower support for Whispering Ice?

And also wht do u think about Hereti`s Veil insted of Black sun?
Last edited by alygaming on Sep 22, 2016, 10:39:21 AM
"
kayklown wrote:
Been running this build, and of course it's amazing =p Was wondering if I could get some pointers on what I should be upgrading next. I'm just shy of 7.5k es, around 4k average damage with increased aoe in.
Spoiler

You need to upgrade your gloves: Int and ES on those are kinda low. Boots too, but it's hard to find good boots with 30% ms, Int and dual res. Check how much res you actually need. In this league a Crystal belt can help a lot (you are already using one, but it's not hard to find one to cover remaining resists of your choice after getting chest, boots and gloves first). Other than that, finish leveling the gems and have fun. :)

"
Elekras wrote:
Spoiler

Don't really know where to go from here. I found an 850 es armor, 6L and sold it for 16 ex so I'm currently sitting on a reasonable amount of currency. Don't really see where I can improve gear wise outside of getting a higher es armor. Besides leveling up a few more times and getting all gems to +20 quality I feel like I'm done gear wise. Currently sitting at just over 7.4k es, and dps tops off at over 7k with pendulum. Level 5 enlighten lets me run arctic armor as well.

Edit: Just realized the boots aren't quality. Easy fix.

Your chest and boots are low Int. With your budget you should be able to find better. And finish leveling gems + add quality to the ones that need it.

I'll probably change the gem section recommendation to just 'farm uber lab and vendor random quality gems to get tons of CGP' as somebody suggested above. It seems to be the fastest way to add quality in the current game.

"
Shiverwarp wrote:
Crit chance is also less on Icestorm because we use controlled destruction

It wouldn't matter with or without CD (5% or 6.5% crit rate). Icestorm crits PER CAST, i.e. approx every 1 in 20 times when you cast Icestorm all hits produced by that cast either crit or don't crit. That's not nearly enough to trigger EO. Orb is fantastic for that. Plus it triggers +25% resist penetration from Mastermind.

"
alygaming wrote:
wht about Empower support for Whispering Ice?

And also wht do u think about Hereti`s Veil insted of Black sun?

Empower does nothing for Icestorm. Either it requires an actual gem, or, more likely, all levels of Icestorm do exactly the same.

Heretic's Veil was already considered and discarded. There is no way to reserve enough mana for 3 aura curses without ruining the build.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 22, 2016, 1:59:26 PM
"
RoCKeTs wrote:

"
Lyanar wrote:
I'm kinda obssessed with the INT roll but i see a lot of people here without a huge INT roll and better ES....

For sure, your chest, gloves and boots are ridiculously low ES, your INT looks fine, but even with INT you need a decent ES on your stuff.

Yeah i known, like i say it's "first hand" stuff but now these are shackles for my level...

What's the best way to get this kind of gear ?
Last edited by Lyanar on Sep 22, 2016, 2:42:01 PM
Make money and buy them :)

Identify all ES gear, don't use them for chaos/regal recipe.

If you are poor don't try to craft with chaos/exalt/whatever.
Last edited by RoCKeTs on Sep 22, 2016, 5:13:24 PM
Well that's the thing, this kind of stuff on poe.trade is expensive and my RNG in the league isn't great...i could spend the entire league JUST to get decent stuff.

I thought of essence crafting but the two relevent items Deafening essence of Woe / Spite...

First one is the most expensive i think on poe.trade and the second could potentially craft better INT roll that the best T1 but the RNG must be really shit to get all the other proper mods...
Last edited by Lyanar on Sep 22, 2016, 3:43:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info